Rules question...

Tramp Steamer

Verified Member
I think this was the first time I've ever done it, but while playing some team One Pocket today my opponent made a ball in my team's hole, then another in a neutral hole, leaving the cue ball about a diamond up from the head rail.
During the confusion of spotting a ball that they owed, and the ball from the neutral pocket, I absentmindedly picked up the cue ball and shot as if there had been a scratch, which of course there hadn't been. One of the guys noticed the infraction and called me on it.
Not knowing exactly what to do we all decided to go next door to a hot pillow joint where they have free cigars.
What would be the ruling here? :)

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
squares/cigars/tiparillos etc.

squares/cigars/tiparillos etc.

If you picked up the QB during confusion,mayhem,armed robbery etc. etc.,one would think it will be a foul.Can't lose focus cause of the small shit.Now if Elvis was chasing Tuesday Weld through the pool hall that would be cause for consideration one would think.......

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Tramp Steamer said:
I think this was the first time I've ever done it, but while playing some team One Pocket today my opponent made a ball in my team's hole, then another in a neutral hole, leaving the cue ball about a diamond up from the head rail.
During the confusion of spotting a ball that they owed, and the ball from the neutral pocket, I absentmindedly picked up the cue ball and shot as if there had been a scratch, which of course there hadn't been. One of the guys noticed the infraction and called me on it.
Not knowing exactly what to do we all decided to go next door to a hot pillow joint where they have free cigars.
What would be the ruling here? :)

Getting old ain't for Sissies. Toughen up and pay the one you owe and hope they don't charge you the game. :D
Rod.

Tramp Steamer

Verified Member
androd said:
Getting old ain't for Sissies. Toughen up and pay the one you owe and hope they don't charge you the game. :D
Rod.

If I read you correctly, and I think I do, I ponied up a ball from my pocket and the game played on. I wondered, though, if it could be loss of game.
As for getting old, I'm pushing 65 pretty hard. Hell, I can remember old yeller before he was shot. :D

Rackembilliards

Fouls

Fouls

I think you'd be correct to pay a ball and play on, as it wasn't done intentionally to improve your situation. If you did the same thing intentionally it wouldn't just be a foul but loss of game under the 'unsportsmanlike conduct' rule, IMO. I'm curious as to the cue ball placement. Do you try to put it back where it was, or ball in hand in the kitchen, or does your opponent have the choice? Plenty to discuss while smoking free cigars.

Tramp Steamer

Verified Member
Rackembilliards said:
I think you'd be correct to pay a ball and play on, as it wasn't done intentionally to improve your situation. If you did the same thing intentionally it wouldn't just be a foul but loss of game under the 'unsportsmanlike conduct' rule, IMO. I'm curious as to the cue ball placement. Do you try to put it back where it was, or ball in hand in the kitchen, or does your opponent have the choice? Plenty to discuss while smoking free cigars.

I had already shot so putting the cue ball back was moot. But, as you say, the error was unintentional.
Those cigars are first rate. The place next door is run by the cousin of a gal I used to know down in Galveston. Her name was "Two Tooth" Sally Bemstein. Poor Sally died from complications related to CED. A terrible way to end one's life, I can tell you. :)

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Tramp Steamer said:
I had already shot so putting the cue ball back was moot. But, as you say, the error was unintentional.
Those cigars are first rate. The place next door is run by the cousin of a gal I used to know down in Galveston. Her name was "Two Tooth" Sally Bemstein. Poor Sally died from complications related to CED. A terrible way to end one's life, I can tell you. :)

Tramp, what is CED? I Googled it but nothing fits.

Tramp Steamer

Verified Member
petie said:
Tramp, what is CED? I Googled it but nothing fits.

Chronic Explosive Diarrhea. A devastating condition known to attack lap dancers. Sally wasn't actually killed by the disease but by the guy she was giving a lap dance to. He pulled out a gun and shot her when she shit all over him. I'm almost sure it's a true story. :D

Deeman

Verified Member
Tramp Steamer said:

I am with Rod, mourn, man up and pay the ball!

DeeMan

SJDinPHX

Suspended
petie said:
I knew I was gullible but this really took it to a new level.

Petie,

I suppose you don't know what "Terminal CRS" is either, huh ?.. Trust me, you will when you get old enough..;)

Tramp Steamer

Verified Member
Allright, Dick. Since this is my thread, allow me to be the first to ask.
What is "Terminal CRS?" :)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Tramp Steamer said:
Allright, Dick. Since this is my thread, allow me to be the first to ask.
What is "Terminal CRS?" :)

"Can't Remember Shit"...Tee hee hee..:p (So now Petie knows too)

PS..Doctor says I either have that, or a severe case of WEBAYSA...:)

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
SJDinPHX said:
"Can't Remember Shit"...Tee hee hee..:p (So now Petie knows too)

PS..Doctor says I either have that, or a severe case of WEBAYSA...:)

Not biting huh ? It means "Won't Ever Believe Anything You Say Again"...:p

Tramp Steamer

Verified Member
Sorry, it took a while to get back here.
As to the veracity of the information regarding the untimely death of our dear friend Sally, all I can tell you is I heard the story "second stool". (Pun intended). :D