Bustamonte/richeson 2011 Dcc

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i promise not to derail this thread :)

shoot the 14 into the 13 two rails toward my pocket, leave cue ball there close on the rail

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Miller said:
i promise not to derail this thread

shoot the 14 into the 13 two rails toward my pocket, leave cue ball there close on the rail
do you subscribe to billiards digest???:rolleyes:
i did plan to acknowledge them at the end :)
this is their "stroke of genius"
if you want want to "peek" you can go there:eek: :eek:
ill give credit where its due
bustas shot was NICE:)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I might try to fall behind those two balls on Richie's side.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-08-04_22-39-47.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-08-04_22-39-47.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 0

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
NH Steve said:
I might try to fall behind those two balls on Richie's side.

This is the shot I like. There isn't a huge postential for being very aggressive here without taking on a lot of risk. This shot puts Richie in a bad place and protects your fertile balls. I like it.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
petie said:
This is the shot I like. There isn't a huge postential for being very aggressive here without taking on a lot of risk. This shot puts Richie in a bad place and protects your fertile balls. I like it.
Yeah, not a very sexy shot, but it looks pretty natural on the screen anyway.

bstroud

Verified Member
I would spin bank the 9 ball and play position on the 2 ball.

Looks simple from the pic.

Bill Stroud

mosconiac

Verified Member
Not sure you can "pinch" the CB this much (to duck behind the cluster on his side), but I'd look really hard at this shot. If anyone could pull it off, it's Buste.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
first post in a while

first post in a while

I know I am no pro but here is what I see...
The 13, 10, and 7 all can be played in rich's pocket, the 1,6,13 cluster and the 10, 7 cluster do not go in buste's pocket...
He is in a partial trap with not a lot of options even if he would get a shot in his next inning...
I believe his priority should be breaking both of those clusters shooting into 7/10 and moving the cue to the side rail...
It may not be glamorous, but it accomplish's one of my mentors axioms of making the other guy worry about how many shots he could leave you next...

Bille

mosconiac

Verified Member
I took a look at the vid just now & I won't spill the beans...but I cannot see how he got that to work. Maybe it's the camera angles throwing me off, but I can't see how he got the ball to throw enough.

That's why he is "Buste" & I'm banging away on a keyboard. :p

treeMan

Verified Member
interesting situation

interesting situation

I first thought he can't see the 14 full enough, if he can then Millers shot or something else off the 14 looks good.

If not I would have to go for something like this below. Busta is down in balls and has no strength on his side, he has to look hard for something more than a passive duck imo. With this shot the cueball position is not ideal (leaves options), but I think the benefit of opening up some balls on his side outweighs that over the next few shots.

i hope the attachment works.

bd3.jpg

edit: looks like Bille just posted this! great shot man :)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
treeMan said:
I first thought he can't see the 14 full enough, if he can then Millers shot or something else off the 14 looks good.

If not I would have to go for something like this below. Busta is down in balls and has no strength on his side, he has to look hard for something more than a passive duck imo. With this shot the cueball position is not ideal (leaves options), but I think the benefit of opening up some balls on his side outweighs that over the next few shots.

i hope the attachment works.

View attachment 3640

edit: looks like Bille just posted this! great shot man :)
I like you're thinking, but i'm not sure about playing the cue ball the way you did. I like your choice but i'm going up table with the cue ball, around the stripe on the right and with inside english. Since nothing goes in my opponents pocket from an up table leave i'm going to try to open up some balls and go up table with whitey.

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
first thanks to billiards digest.pooldawgs.and accustats
this issue of strokes of genius in billiards digest had this shot
bustamonte never hesitated to shoot the the carom bank
especially with the 9 ball where it was it didnt look "on" to me
bd.jpg