JOHN B. vs DIPPY JULY 28

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
from az
7/11/2011 from dippy

john and i are playing the 28th on tar, 7-3 bankks 10k a set or more, we will both be breaking safe.

7/19/2011

from john

playing.
Dippy and I will both be breaking safe.
Cueball fouls only
Short rack banks.He has to make 3 banks before I make 7 banks
12 hours at a time.
10 ahead
The Action Room In Las Vegas

John B.

GOOD LUCK JOHN

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
just read this by dippy at az

john had an inhury and cant play

guess the match is off

john
get well soon

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Maybe he got lucky

Maybe he got lucky

Maybe its for the best. The game sounds like an absolute stiff to me. 7 to 3 and help on the break. In order to win, he must win 7 to 2. Dippy can make a bank.

Beard

John Brumback

Verified Member
Sorry to say

Sorry to say

But this game has been cancelled.My backer had something come up and couldn't make It.I have not found another one as of yet.Still looking.
I got the plane ride covered.lol

PS; Larry,I'm sending you something.Thanks bud,your one of a kind. John B.

John Brumback

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
Maybe its for the best. The game sounds like an absolute stiff to me. 7 to 3 and help on the break. In order to win, he must win 7 to 2. Dippy can make a bank.

Beard

Did you here what happened last time we played? Same game,except the safe break,I came out about 30 to 35 games ahead.Dime a game.I was kinda of tired after we got done though.What a grind.But I would like to try It again.He can't spell bank.John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
R

R

John Brumback said:
Did you here what happened last time we played? Same game,except the safe break,I came out about 30 to 35 games ahead.Dime a game.I was kinda of tired after we got done though.What a grind.But I would like to try It again.He can't spell bank.John B.

I guess I gotta take it back. I just never heard of a bank game like that. 8 to 4 was the most I ever seen or handed out myself. You must have made him puke too. The only thing that he did half-assed in the 1pkt games I watched was make a bank. You musta rained banks, bro.

Beard

I shouldnta said anything, anyway. But I waited until the game was off at least.

John Brumback

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
I guess I gotta take it back. I just never heard of a bank game like that. 8 to 4 was the most I ever seen or handed out myself. You must have made him puke too. The only thing that he did half-assed in the 1pkt games I watched was make a bank. You musta rained banks, bro.

Beard

I shouldnta said anything, anyway. But I waited until the game was off at least.

That's fine Fred.I'm proud to here you say that's the most weight gave up that you've heard of In bank.He can make some real hard banks but the easy ones give him fits.lol I did play wide open position on most all banks.I figured
that was my best chance. I ran lots of 5s to 7s.Thanks.Bank on Brother.John B.

senor

Verified Member
John Brumback said:
That's fine Fred.I'm proud to here you say that's the most weight gave up that you've heard of In bank.He can make some real hard banks but the easy ones give him fits.lol I did play wide open position on most all banks.I figured

Outrunning the nuts does require more offense.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
John Brumback said:

I'm not bragging here, but in case you and me ever cross paths and you're looking to rumble a little.... I played a guy a race to 2 the other day and ran 2 on my 1st turn, missed a bank on my next and ran 3 and out in Game 1.

Game 2, I ran 3 off the break, but ended up losing (that made 6 in a row from game 1)

Game 3 - I ran 2 on my first turn, missed a bank on my next and ran 3 and out for the cash.:p

So I know this had absolutely nothing to do with this thread, some people may refer to this a a "hijack", but I'm not bragging at alll..... I just felt I should warn you about me, case I run into you at the Derby this year. I'm not another pretty face that takes videos...:eek: I got some game to me!

So... yeah..... that was a 2 and a 3 pack in 3 innings and another 2 and 3 pack innings. I hear tell, that you're a pretty strong banker over in them there parts, but I got some farm boy in me too there, Chip.:cool:

Well, I better go for now... you keep practicing there John... someday you will be the bankpool champion... just put in that work, brutha!!!!

your friend...

Red

PS... If you would send me a self addressed stamped envelope... I'll go ahead and sign something for you... (free for you):)

bwahahahhah:Dahah... that was fun to write!!!

John Brumback

Verified Member
CaliRed said:
I'm not bragging here, but in case you and me ever cross paths and you're looking to rumble a little.... I played a guy a race to 2 the other day and ran 2 on my 1st turn, missed a bank on my next and ran 3 and out in Game 1.

Game 2, I ran 3 off the break, but ended up losing (that made 6 in a row from game 1)

Game 3 - I ran 2 on my first turn, missed a bank on my next and ran 3 and out for the cash.:p

So I know this had absolutely nothing to do with this thread, some people may refer to this a a "hijack", but I'm not bragging at alll..... I just felt I should warn you about me, case I run into you at the Derby this year. I'm not another pretty face that takes videos...:eek: I got some game to me!

So... yeah..... that was a 2 and a 3 pack in 3 innings and another 2 and 3 pack innings. I hear tell, that you're a pretty strong banker over in them there parts, but I got some farm boy in me too there, Chip.:cool:

Well, I better go for now... you keep practicing there John... someday you will be the bankpool champion... just put in that work, brutha!!!!

your friend...

Red

PS... If you would send me a self addressed stamped envelope... I'll go ahead and sign something for you... (free for you):)

bwahahahhah:Dahah... that was fun to write!!!

Yeah your crazy Red,but I just knew that If you paid enough attention around here that you could move up to a good c player.I just knew you had It in ya.Way to go there pal!! Boy with runs like that....I could probably only spot you about 7 to 4.You play way better than ole Dip.hahahahahaha!!!
No,I'm really glad your hittin em good! Wondered where you been.You'll be a player yet,I'm sure of It.hehehe.John B.
PS: I didn't mean to brag.lol

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Nine Ball Banks

Nine Ball Banks

I just found out that your game with Dippy is 7 to 3 playing 9 ball banks. That is a tremendous difference than playing full rack. I thought the game was full rack. There are not enough scoring opportunities in full rack. Now I can see daylight in the game with Dippy.

Incidentally, Eddie G is interested in you giving Jet 9 to 8 at Red Shoes. Jet is well enough to play up to 3 hrs at a time.

Beard

Skin

Verified Member
Forgive the naïvité here - I know nothing about banks. Is the game call shot? Thanks.

Skin

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
John Brumback said:
Yeah your crazy Red,but I just knew that If you paid enough attention around here that you could move up to a good c player.I just knew you had It in ya.Way to go there pal!! Boy with runs like that....I could probably only spot you about 7 to 4.You play way better than ole Dip.hahahahahaha!!!
No,I'm really glad your hittin em good! Wondered where you been.You'll be a player yet,I'm sure of It.hehehe.John B.
PS: I didn't mean to brag.lol

i've been very sick, and overwhelmed at work and haven't had time for anythiing lately.

hehe... I believe I am going to get to go to the Derby this year... so maybe I should come up a day early, so I can go out to the farm and give you the type of championship caliber practice partner you're going to need, to get in shape for the tourney:D

I hope by next week I feel better and things have calmed down a bit.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Skin said:
Forgive the naïvité here - I know nothing about banks. Is the game call shot? Thanks.

Skin
must make a clean bank, meaning the cueball must hit the object ball first, then the object ball has to make it's way into a pocket without TOUCHING any other ball (no kicks, no combos, no rail 1st.. nothing CLEAN VIRGIN BANK).. and yes.. you have to call the bank of where it's going. In the ring game at the DCC.. I believe you can 3 rails or more, kick a ball in too.

Rest is kinda like onehole.. foul, you owe a ball.. scratch and make aball, you owe one plus bring up the one that went down.

Skin

Verified Member
CaliRed said:
must make a clean bank, meaning the cueball must hit the object ball first, then the object ball has to make it's way into a pocket without TOUCHING any other ball.. and yes.. you have to call the bank of where it's going.

Rest is kinda like onehole.. foul, you owe a ball.. scratch and make aball, you owe one plus bring up the one that went down.

Thanks, Greg.

Skin

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
heavy

heavy

I have been wrong alot in predicting the come but 7-3 for a banker like John vs.a light-middle weight player is big.Been there ,done that. Sorry to hear of the hang-up,cheers,Bob

John Brumback

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
I just found out that your game with Dippy is 7 to 3 playing 9 ball banks. That is a tremendous difference than playing full rack. I thought the game was full rack. There are not enough scoring opportunities in full rack. Now I can see daylight in the game with Dippy.

Incidentally, Eddie G is interested in you giving Jet 9 to 8 at Red Shoes. Jet is well enough to play up to 3 hrs at a time.

Beard

Hey Fred,Do they have a good diamond? Let me think about It for awhile.
Can you ask em what kind of set and for how much?Stuff like that? Thanks,JB

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Golg Crown 1

Golg Crown 1

John Brumback said:
Hey Fred,Do they have a good diamond? Let me think about It for awhile.
Can you ask em what kind of set and for how much?Stuff like that? Thanks,JB

No Diamond. Gold Crown I. Medium tough pockets. The sets will be short races. Couple thou a set I would imagine. I am not the backer so I dont have all the particulars.

Beard