Piggy Bank vs. Billy Thorpe 2011 D.C.C.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
This match, for the most part, is watching a 14 yr. old Thorpe shoot his way out of trouble while still learning the game and Rogers probably wondering why he got out of bed that day. He did nothing right and played terribly.

It's 1-1 in the match and no score this game. It's Thorpes shot. What would you do?

Thorpes Shot.jpg

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I would shoot thru the crack to hit the red ball on the right side, banking it away and leaving the CB near that pocket. Looks like I could do that. The 15 might look pretty good, but I don't like four-ball combinations, especially with the 3 ball hovering over the pocket.

SpinDoctor

From
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I'd be tempted to shoot the 4 ball combo but I just don't like that it looks to be pushing a bunch of balls to the wrong side of the table. I'd probably play the 8 straight in and play the cueball into the 3.

dsb8541

Im assuming the one DOES NOT pass the three into his pocket. Im running the one down the rail into the 3. 3 should run over by 14 and the one will double kiss in same direction. Im using a kill type shot where cue ball just does start the roll prior to contact w the one. This will leave it on the long rail near 2nd diamond. I think even if you hit it bad and the one drifts off the rail, they still kiss and clear. Holding the cueball would take priority for me.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
im 14 shooting my way :)
i split the wickets making the 8 ball
shoot the 14 and the bank the 3?:D
easy , no problema:rolleyes:
cd1.jpg

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Looks like you might kiss the 7 ball and then the stripe and maybe get lucky while playing kinda safe. :D
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 0

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
androd said:
Looks like you might kiss the 7 ball and then the stripe and maybe get lucky while playing kinda safe. :D
Rod.
That's a nice shot, but I sure can't see Billy Thorpe playing that. I don't think I would do anything with the stack unless I was pretty sure it was dead, because that 3-ball is too good a starter shot for Billy.

I like Vapros "shoot the 3-ball away through the window" shot if the window is big enough, but I'm guessing Billy shot the 8-ball and went for the billiard on the 3.

Another possibility, which I would definitely like if the window was small enough to the 3-ball to have a good chance of coming up safe, would be this thinner cut. It also looks like this has the advantage of easier cueing, with the angle across the rail instead of square off the rail.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-06-27_21-29-20.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-06-27_21-29-20.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 0

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
vapros said:
I would shoot thru the crack to hit the red ball on the right side, banking it away and leaving the CB near that pocket. Looks like I could do that. The 15 might look pretty good, but I don't like four-ball combinations, especially with the 3 ball hovering over the pocket.

thats how I saw it, in that order.

If the ball is dead, and I mean dead then the 4 ball combo is ok, but I perfer to try and get under the 3, its cuttable if you just get the CB to the short rail so thats no good-u have to get the CB between the long rail and the 3 it or hit it on the left side looking at the pic; and looks like its possible on the pic. Hitting another ball and then going into the 3 is too difficult for me, I'd shoot the thru the gap if its on.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
He never looked at any other shot than the 8 ball. He speared it and came two rails into the 5 ball. He then pocketed the 5 & 14 balls and missed the 7 ball. He hits balls well for being 14 yrs. old.

Thorpes Shot.jpg

CapturedPicture_2.Jpeg

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
When I was 14 I would have played the 8 and knocked the (3?) out of his hole...at 27 I would have too! Heck I might still at 33!:eek:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
newfosgatesucks said:
When I was 14 I would have played the 8 and knocked the (3?) out of his hole...at 27 I would have too! Heck I might still at 33!:eek:
judging from your avatar you are still 14 at heart:D

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
I was going to change the avatar but I can't find Transformers or Power Rangers lol. Actually, who even knows that I'm not just a 14-year old kid behind a computer anyway!! My punctuation is lousy and phrasing can be indiscernable at times...:rolleyes:
lll said:
judging from your avatar you are still 14 at heart:D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Scrzbill said:
What's wrong with that? No need for any little blue pills. I knew everything then, too.
never said anything was wrong:D
hire a teenager while they know everything:rolleyes: