Earl Strickland vs. Shane Van Boening 2011 D.C.C.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I would kick the 8 away (danger involved) or go off the 15 and open up the 5 and 14 a little bit so they play for me, not sure there is much else here.

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
Skim off the 14 and send whitey back to 3 and 15.

The only other thing I could think of was to roll up to the 2, but that still leaves the chance to knock the 2 away while leaving pretty much the same thing. I'd rather take my chances with hugging up with those 2 and leaving no direct way to knock balls from that side(besides the 3 and 15) and a teaser for the 7(?) bank that could risk leaving an open shot. Hook em up right and he'll have no direct hit besides those 2 balls.

I'm going to cross my fingers now and hope that I'm starting to think a little better for this game. :eek:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I would shoot the 2 into the 15, sending it across to my side. I will have the option to freeze the cb up to the 9 or to draw it back to the short rail. Either one is okay.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
vapros said:
I would shoot the 2 into the 15, sending it across to my side. I will have the option to freeze the cb up to the 9 or to draw it back to the short rail. Either one is okay.
The 2 ball is already on your side.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Hit the 15 full in the face and follow half way to the 8 with whitie. This will send the 14 to the side rail and then toward my pocket and not sell out.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Well, yeah, CD, but it would have been an excellent shot if Earl had wanted to help Shane for any reason. And you did ask what I would do. :rolleyes:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
It's game one and the score is SVB-3 to Earl-1. It's Earls shot. What would you do?

View attachment 3183

View attachment 3184

I would kick at the 14, quite firm, and kiss it in my hole off the stripe next to it...Then I would run my usual 8 and out, my last ball being the 8 ball...I have done this thousands of times...However, it is too advanced for most player's...;) (especially you RBL)

PS.. Or I might shoot Lenny's choice, which IMO is the right shot...The kid is learning...If he doesn't saw his thumb off, he may become a legend...:D

'8 'n out' Duck <---Wishes it was 1965-70 again, and Artie and I were playing a 1P race to eleven, for the entire city of Chicago...:eek:.. I would also bet the city of Detroit on the side. ($35 should cover it)...:p

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
I would kick at the 14, quite firm, and kiss it in my hole off the stripe next to it...Then I would run my usual 8 and out, my last ball being the 8 ball...I have done this thousands of times...However, it is too advanced for most player's...;) (especially you RBL)

PS.. Or I might shoot Lenny's choice, which IMO is the right shot...The kid is learning...If he doesn't saw his thumb off, he may become a legend...:D

'8 'n out' Duck <---Wishes it was 1965-70 again, and Artie and I were playing a 1P race to eleven, for the entire city of Chicago...:eek:.. I would also bet the city of Detroit on the side. ($35 should cover it)...:p

It sure would be great and I realy enjoyed drinking back then. Everything was fun and enjoyable.

Never new what problems were back then. Or it didntbeven matter if I was brocke.

I new I would always make more money. And the times were different. And I can honestly say I even liket people better back then.

They were more sincer and respectfull. Today itsa nother culture. And respect wentaway with the Indians.

And the little things if life ment more back then. And you could talk too people like the are people.

And when you would walk down rhe street people would look at you and say hello.

Its amazing howe time changes everything. You could play pool and mnever have a argument.

And even they women looket like women. THey had dresses and men treated themwith respect.

And hold the doors open for them. And not just look atb them like all they are is a peace off ass.

THe disrespect has killed the country and the world. And yhier are lots off bad things out thier today.

Iam thasnkfull that those were my times and days. And I realyenjoyed them.

And wouldnt trsde them for anything. THose were our times. And we were part off that erar.

And who knoweswhat will happen in the new generation.

WE did it our way. And ehatever we left like doing we did.

And the young look at the old like we dont no anything andv they no everything

And if they live long enough maybe the can lear what life is about.

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
Artie Bodendorfer said:
And I can honestly say I even liket people better back then.

They were more sincer and respectfull. Today itsa nother culture. And respect wentaway with the Indians.

And the little things if life ment more back then. And you could talk too people like the are people.

And when you would walk down rhe street people would look at you and say hello.

And even they women looket like women. THey had dresses and men treated themwith respect.

And hold the doors open for them. And not just look atb them like all they are is a peace off ass.

THe disrespect has killed the country and the world. And yhier are lots off bad things out thier today.

WE did it our way. And ehatever we left like doing we did.

And the young look at the old like we dont no anything andv they no everything

And if they live long enough maybe the can lear what life is about.

I think it's the same thing that every generation goes through, Artie. It's those "damn kids." I was born in the 70's.. I was taught to say please and thank you, that you should take your hat off inside, etc etc. There were some better examples of chivalry and more "proper" behaviour. Unfortunately, there was more open racism, sexism and other sorts of unwanted behaviour.

I doubt the young looked at the old back then and thought any differently. Adults nearly always could spot a child and say, "I know you've done something bad" or were about to.

Negative attitudes foster their own reasons and feed themselves. If you think everything's bad, you're going to find the bad things more easily. I know I may bitch about things(people in Portland can't drive for #$%^) and may get tired of people's b.s., but I know that world over, people are generally good-natured and helpful to each other.

That's one thing I liked about Maine.. good people with many old-fashioned traits, while carrying on the idea of you live your life and I'll live mine. And the lobster can't be beat.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Frank Almanza said:
One of the worse shot selections I've ever seen. Giving up a shot and putting a ball on his side of the table. Ok, nuthuggers, come get me.
That's too funny Frank but you're safe, it's me they're after. I think they're jealous of the voices telling me when somebody shoots a stupid shot.

There's not much point posting these layouts if they can't be negatively critiqued.

Dennis