Adjusting spots, would like advice (Long post)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Dear 8 mile road 'trailer trash' breath..

Just because a guy kicks at two railers, (with reverse english) does not give you the right to call the Ghost a "moron"...He actually makes very intelligent decisions sometimes...I've never seen one, but someone from Chicago told me he did, so it must be so...:p :p :p
Dear "wildfires smoke" Breath,

Ghosty knows for a fact that I would never in life call him something like that. On the other hand, he hasn't weighed in on the Shane/Scott, 9/8 or 8/7 thread yet, but I think it's just because he's too smart to do so. It seems like there's only a couple of us here willing to tell the emperor that he's wearing no clothes, or maybe we're just the couple of ones stupid enough to do it:p .

RBL

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:

Ghosty knows for a fact that I would never in life call him something like that. On the other hand, he hasn't weighed in on the Shane/Scott, 9/8 or 8/7 thread yet, but I think it's just because he's too smart to do so. It seems like there's only a couple of us here willing to tell the emperor that he's wearing no clothes, or maybe we're just the couple of ones stupid enough to do it:p .

RBL

First you have to have the patience and attn span to read his posts.:D
Rod.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Dennis said:

RBL
you want the naked emperor to commentate accu stats???:confused: :D :rolleyes: :eek:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
lll said:
you want the naked emperor to commentate accu stats???:confused: :D :rolleyes: :eek:
I don't have to see him, only hear him:) . I assure you it would be a welcome relief from the egoistical, self-important commentators that are now doing the job.

They don't seem to realize what AB has clearly stated: the match is NOT about them or their opinions, the match is about the players and the game. They (all of them) need to learn how to STFU (egos be damned) and let the match speak for itself.

Dennis

PreacherRonn

Verified Member
From
Mesa, AZ
Handycapping games

Handycapping games

I like this post so I thought I'd take a stab at it. For those who have watched Lenny's stream (OnTheRailTv.com) we run a fairly successful handicapped tournament each month, on the last Saturday. The matches are pretty close and we have players at all levels.

The question as I recall had to do with playing a guy that is two or three balls above a guy that you normally play that is two or three balls above you. We run into this all the time in our tournament. Believe it or not (as terrible as I play) there are guys that I can give 3 or 4 balls to and then there are guys above me that can give me 3 or 4 balls.

Some of you know that I will play anyone as long as the game is fair, and I've played some of the best on the planet. Most recently I locked up a 7 ahead session with Scott Frost that lasted 30 hours. I can't remember but I think the game was 12/4 or 12/5, Scott got all the breaks.

Here's what you need to do if you want to play semeone whos game is far superior to yours. Get the bet down, $10 or $20 a game name some crazy number 10/4, 11/5 and just go for it. It shouldn't be too long and you should know how the game is going and then you can adjust the bet.

There are however, external factors in a one pocket game with skill levels so far apart. For example... let's say I'm giving you 12/4. It's no skin off my nose to take multiple fouls and let's just alter the game to 14/6, 16/8, 18/10, 20/12. Now how do you feel about the game. Probably not as good as you did when you were going to 4. We could run this out a few more and make the game 28/20. You probably don't like this game at all. That's what can happen with skill levels that very greatly.

Short story, you probably don't have a chance. But if it's close you can have some fun and learn some things. I would never pass on an opportunity to learn some things as long as the lessons are not too expensive.

Hope this helps. You look like you were asking for a legitimate answer not some smoke screen, so I tried to give you my best.

u12armresl

Verified Member
Thank you Ronn for jumping in and posting straight to the point.

When I get back from Nashville and then have my surgery, I'm going to match up with some of the advice given here. I have some POV videos of me playing 1 hole getting BIH after the break, but usually I only run 1 ball sigh...

With the guy who just plays 2-3 balls above me I like the money lines, because I genuinely have a chance to win 4 or so games. With the guy who plays 3 balls better than the guy I get 10-7 from the money line wouldn't work that well and people most likely wouldn't go for it.

I'm like you I like to play and if the game is right I will play, but people come in from out of town and expect to play even LOL knowing that with a little research they can see that I get spotted by most of the one pocket players around here. And even by the good 9 ball players who don't play one pocket.

Really need some lessons, and with my birthday coming up that may be what I do. Drive to Chicago and hook up with Jeff S.

PreacherRonn said:
I like this post so I thought I'd take a stab at it. For those who have watched Lenny's stream (OnTheRailTv.com) we run a fairly successful handicapped tournament each month, on the last Saturday. The matches are pretty close and we have players at all levels.

The question as I recall had to do with playing a guy that is two or three balls above a guy that you normally play that is two or three balls above you. We run into this all the time in our tournament. Believe it or not (as terrible as I play) there are guys that I can give 3 or 4 balls to and then there are guys above me that can give me 3 or 4 balls.

Some of you know that I will play anyone as long as the game is fair, and I've played some of the best on the planet. Most recently I locked up a 7 ahead session with Scott Frost that lasted 30 hours. I can't remember but I think the game was 12/4 or 12/5, Scott got all the breaks.

Here's what you need to do if you want to play semeone whos game is far superior to yours. Get the bet down, $10 or $20 a game name some crazy number 10/4, 11/5 and just go for it. It shouldn't be too long and you should know how the game is going and then you can adjust the bet.

There are however, external factors in a one pocket game with skill levels so far apart. For example... let's say I'm giving you 12/4. It's no skin off my nose to take multiple fouls and let's just alter the game to 14/6, 16/8, 18/10, 20/12. Now how do you feel about the game. Probably not as good as you did when you were going to 4. We could run this out a few more and make the game 28/20. You probably don't like this game at all. That's what can happen with skill levels that very greatly.

Short story, you probably don't have a chance. But if it's close you can have some fun and learn some things. I would never pass on an opportunity to learn some things as long as the lessons are not too expensive.

Hope this helps. You look like you were asking for a legitimate answer not some smoke screen, so I tried to give you my best.