J. Parica vs. G. Slivka 1996 U.S. Open

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Cowboy Dennis said:
Parica looked at the table for a full 1 min. 45 secs. after the break. Here's Slivkas response:

View attachment 2791

View attachment 2792
1 min. 45 secs -- I knew it had to have been a long time :D

And obviously he still looks in a world of trouble. I've tried to draw the suggestion by Billy that I might have tried to shoot too. Obviously you would hit it a little harder than what I drew, but I didn't want to hazard a guess at where all the balls would go, mainly because I know if I was shooting it, its not the kind of shot where I know exactly where the balls are going -- I'm just trying to hold the cue ball right there behind that off angle combo. Another problem with it is, that you might end up helping Slyvka out if the carom comes off just wrong:(

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-04-16_09-56-12.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-04-16_09-56-12.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 0

bstroud

Verified Member
Looks to me like he could hit the 15 ball straight on and follow it to the end rail.
Looks like the 15 would take out the 7.

Bill Stroud

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
bstroud said:
Looks to me like he could hit the 15 ball straight on and follow it to the end rail.
Looks like the 15 would take out the 7.

Bill Stroud
If he can see enough of the 15 ball that would be the correct and easiest shot, but it doesn't look like he can.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
I set this up as best I could. the angle across the table between the cue ball and 2-ball didn't work well for what I diagrammed earlier -- it needed to be a flatter angle across the table, whereas the way I see this looking closely is that the 2-ball is at an angle down from the cue ball a little too far for my shot. It's a lot easier to see these things in real life (assuming I set it up right, lol).

Now I could have set this up wrong, but as I set it up, the 11-6 "split shot" was perfect -- I made the 6-ball first try (see the below diagram). But I could have set the shot up wrong. :D

The right shot is banking the ewo ball intoo the stripe ball and you have a good chance off making a ball and the balls wil open up and you draw the cue ball in front off the second dimond down too the end rail and all the balls are open and the other player will have too come up With something.

I no I wouldnt like it from thier.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
The right shot is banking the ewo ball intoo the stripe ball and you have a good chance off making a ball and the balls wil open up and you draw the cue ball in front off the second dimond down too the end rail and all the balls are open and the other player will have too come up With something.

I no I wouldnt like it from thier.

Artie, we are not debating the shot after the break we are now dabating the shot on post #41. Go to post #41 and offer your opinion.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
Artie, we are not debating the shot after the break we are now dabating the shot on post #41. Go to post #41 and offer your opinion.

Billy I.

I see what you are saying. I am going back too were the mistake was made to get to this position.

If that is not pointed out. Then we are just playing follow the leader. I went back because thats were the mistake was made.

I no we are ahead off that shot but it was never answered correctltly too get too this point.

But I will answer youre qouistion.

I would shoot the stripe ball by the bottom rail and shoot it into a hlf a dimond ito the two solid balls and I could make a ball and all three balls could role real good for me.

And leave the cue ball by the center off the yable down the end rail. Were my opponent cant do much but play safe.

Or cut the ball and follow the cue ball with right hand english and kock the 7 ball out. and leave the cue ball behindthe twoo solid balls.

But I leave my opponent wide open for a lot off different shoots too shoot from thier..