Thanks Onepocket.org!!!!!!!!!

John Brumback

Verified Member
WOW!!! I don't know where to start. Man I am so proud to get to do this!!
I feel a little bit guilty to tell ya the truth. There were so many good picks.
I just can't believe I'm the one being chosen for this!! To say I'm kinda of shocked would be a huge understatment to say the least. For the last couple days I would go practice for about 20 min then come back and check on here.
Same thing for the last 2 or 3 days. WOW Is all I keep thinking.

I don't know who to thank first or the most.
I just want to thank everyone on this great site.
To Mr.Deeman,That was and Is such a nice and great thing for you to do!
I really do wish you could have gone and played yourself. Thank you so much.
Deeman!!
A big THANKS to Steve Booth for having this real pool players site.Where all of us real pool players can hang out together!! Thank you again and again,Steve Booth!!
And to Mark Griffin for putting on what will probablly be the best US Open Onepocket tournament there has ever been!! I'm quite sure that It will be.
Thank you Mark Griffin!!!

A big thanks to the Deerhunter for putting my name In the hat. That was very nice of you to do that! I appreciate It very much Richard Harris.
Man I'm so excited to get to do this.And very very proud also.
I just can't tell ya'll how excited I am.
A BIG thanks to everyone who gave me thier support.It Is very much appreciated and I will try my hardest to represent us to the best of my abilty!
Thank you all again!!!!

Well I better go practice somemore. "John Onepocket.org Brumback"
Yee Haw

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Many of you think of John as a Bank Pool player -- and has proven to be *the best* at that of course :) but he is also a real strong all-around player (how else would he rise to the top of the huge DCC fields to be the 2009 all-around champ?). Plus, he gives his all every tournament, every match, every game, every shot.

And, I believe his One Pocket game is still headed in the "getting better all the time" direction. John is a real student of pool and willing to put in the practice time to learn new things at the table.

So, do you have some good One Pocket sparring partners near you John, or do we have to send a coach in? :D

John Brumback

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
Many of you think of John as a Bank Pool player -- and has proven to be *the best* at that of course :) but he is also a real strong all-around player (how else would he rise to the top of the huge DCC fields to be the 2009 all-around champ?). Plus, he gives his all every tournament, every match, every game, every shot.

And, I believe his One Pocket game is still headed in the "getting better all the time" direction. John is a real student of pool and willing to put in the practice time to learn new things at the table.

So, do you have some good One Pocket sparring partners near you John, or do we have to send a coach in? :D

Hey Steve,send a coach and hurry up!! Time Is running out.
Just for the record: Although It was a few years ago...I did beat the Scott Frost 2 years In a row at the DCC and I had Efren down 2 to 1 two years In a row at the DCC. The one set with Efren I choked but the other set...well I need to learn how to use the wei table and show you all this shot he pulled on me! I had him scratching his head for what seemed like along time until he kicked and banked a ball In his hole and ran out!! Thanks again Steve for everything. John B.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
John Brumback said:
Hey Steve,send a coach and hurry up!! Time Is running out.
Just for the record: Although It was a few years ago...I did beat the Scott Frost 2 years In a row at the DCC and I had Efren down 2 to 1 two years In a row at the DCC. The one set with Efren I choked but the other set...well I need to learn how to use the wei table and show you all this shot he pulled on me! I had him scratching his head for what seemed like along time until he kicked and banked a ball In his hole and ran out!! Thanks again Steve for everything. John B.
I have an extra Eddie Robin One Pocket book I can lend you. Do you already have his books? I know you like books :)

Deeman

Verified Member
John,

Your words and attitude show us how much you were the right choice. I also want to thank Mark and Steve for making this possible.

Now, forget all our advice! You don't get the "All Round" at DCC and have as many victories as you have in one pocket without knowing what you are doing. :)

Just enjoy your matches and know we will be pulling for you no matter how it turns out. keep us up with your event and best of luck to a very deserving man.

DeeMan

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Deeman said:
John,

Your words and attitude show us how much you were the right choice. I also want to thank Mark and Steve for making this possible.

Now, forget all our advice! You don't get the "All Round" at DCC and have as many victories as you have in one pocket without knowing what you are doing. :)

Just enjoy your matches and know we will be pulling for you no matter how it turns out. keep us up with your event and best of luck to a very deserving man.

DeeMan
i agree
tap...tap

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Deeman said:
John,

DeeMan

couldn't have said it better myself! BOTH you and John are "da man"

If anyone doubts how serious John is at onepocket, here he is moments before taking on a Onepocket Hall of Famer at the Derby, who he ground out a win over 3 hours. He didn't just fire at his hole.

John preparing mentally for the match
johnjose.jpg

against this guy
jose.jpg

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Great work guys...Lots of deserving candidates, but in John B., we have the complete package. A proven winner, with a ton of class.

Steve, count me in for $100 towards Johns expenses...How do we do this ? Send it to you, or John ?

Good Luck John, I'm sure you'll give it your best...:)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I'm happy that John was given the opportunity to play in The US Open One Pocket Tournament. I also feel that he will represent us in a very positive light, and will also give us the best chance of finishing high. Hopefully John will win this prestigious event, and if not it won't be for a lack of effort.

John Brumback playing for One Pocket.Org in The US Open One Pocket

That even sounds intimidating. YOU GO BOY!!!

Billy I.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
John, when you snap off one of those top-notch players, look at the camera and tell them where you got it!! PS-Deeman, you are one heck of a guy. A stronger heart in the game could not have been chosen.

Let's "Comp" this good man a shirt - If possible.
Let us know what size you wear, and if you prefer to play in short or long sleeve.

@ Steve: send me your paypal number if comp isn't possible

John Brumback

Verified Member
petie said:
What a great choice. Is there a more accomplished player still in action or a greater gentleman on this forum?

Thanks a bunch there Petie!! I really appreciate It!! John B.

John Brumback

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Great work guys...Lots of deserving candidates, but in John B., we have the complete package. A proven winner, with a ton of class.

Steve, count me in for $100 towards Johns expenses...How do we do this ? Send it to you, or John ?

Good Luck John, I'm sure you'll give it your best...:)

Thank you very much SJD!! Do they have that yukon stuff out there?LOL
I hope I can have a little fun out there at night while I'm working hard all day.LOL Thank you again.Looking forward to meeting you this time!!
John B.

John Brumback

Verified Member
wincardona said:
I'm happy that John was given the opportunity to play in The US Open One Pocket Tournament. I also feel that he will represent us in a very positive light, and will also give us the best chance of finishing high. Hopefully John will win this prestigious event, and if not it won't be for a lack of effort.

John Brumback playing for One Pocket.Org in The US Open One Pocket

That even sounds intimidating. YOU GO BOY!!!

Billy I.

Thank you Sir Billy I. I'm very proud to get to do this.
John B.

John Brumback

Verified Member
newfosgatesucks said:
John, when you snap off one of those top-notch players, look at the camera and tell them where you got it!! PS-Deeman, you are one heck of a guy. A stronger heart in the game could not have been chosen.

Let's "Comp" this good man a shirt - If possible.
Let us know what size you wear, and if you prefer to play in short or long sleeve.

@ Steve: send me your paypal number if comp isn't possible

Thank you and Dman!! Umm...long sleeve In large.
Thank you again kind Sir!!! Boy, this Is gonna be fun!!! John B.