What did I do?

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
I shot the 4 into the dead 11-3 combo and hit it sloppy. I have the bottom pocket. I owe the ball I made when my inning ends....

What did I do:
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AaOQ3BAdi4CXqI4DVcT4EIGe3FWcO3GNtB3HNao4IBkI3JTJP4KYNm3LEMH3MEff2NYBH1OLjx2PXFF4Qcpt3RbSx3VAdi3VAdi4XVcT4XVkT3aWcO3aYgO4fYNm4fYNm2iYBH2iXkG2kXFF2kXFE3mbSx3mbrr@[/CUETABLE]

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
You moved the 8 toward your pocket, sending the CB to the long rail and then to rest on the short rail, or you played the 14 off the 1, pocketing the 1 and following with the CB far enough to eliminate a shot at the 8. Depending on the angle, you might be able to go all the way to the short rail with the CB.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I like thinning the 8 towards the 9-5 space and trying to leave the CB close to the short rail. Shot well, the opponent is in jail.

I'd like the 14/1 carom if I could follow the CB down to the short rail. But as it lies, I don't think that's on. As it is, the 1 and 14 are out of play for the opponent, so no problem leaving them there for later.

Doc

bstroud

Verified Member
I think I would shoot the 8 into the 13 and park the cue ball behind the 7. You might make the 5 in your pocket

I would not touch the 1 and 14. Always leave these balls alone. They effectively block end rail banks.

You could also shoot the 12 into the 2 and 5 and put the cue ball behind the 7 with a chance to make a ball.

Bill Stroud

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
I think this might have been a good move.
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AaOQ3BAdi4CXqI4DVcT4EIGe3FWcO3GNtB3HNao4IBkI3JTJP4KYNm3LEMH3MEff2NYBH1OLjx2PXFF4Qcpt3RbSx2UaOQ3UdYE3VAdi3VAdi4XVcT4XVkT3aWcO3aYgO4fYNm4fYNm2iYBH2iYIY4iXha2kXFF2kXsR3kbor3kXYc3mbSx3mbrr@[/CUETABLE]

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
bstroud said:
I think I would shoot the 8 into the 13 and park the cue ball behind the 7. You might make the 5 in your pocket

I would not touch the 1 and 14. Always leave these balls alone. They effectively block end rail banks.

You could also shoot the 12 into the 2 and 5 and put the cue ball behind the 7 with a chance to make a ball.

Bill Stroud

I like bothe shoots but the 12 into the 2 and 5 can get a little toucthy its not that easy to get the cue ball behind the 7 ball. But its the strongeat out off your two selections.

And even banking the 8 ball is a lillle touchy. But I like both shoots and the eight ball would be my choice out off those two shots. Because it would be easier too get good resultes.

I would shoot the 14 ball intoo the one ball make the one in the side and the 14 ball might go in my pocket or kiss off a ball by the pocket and go in. and the 14 ball will be by my pocket.

I think I would draw the cue ball back too the side rail it looks more natural too do then follow the cue ball because off the angle. And I dont want too scratch.

And if I make the 14 ball Then the cue ball is in a better position too shoot from the before. And anothe ball in front off my pocket will make it harder for my opponent.

And I no I am leaving him a backwards cut on the 8 ball If I dont make a ball. I hope he would shoot at it thats why I am leaving the cue ball thier.

And if it the easeast shot too control the shot and cue ball. Its plain and simple and close too the balls. Thier is nothing that could go wrong with execuiting the shot. Its complete control.

But I like the 8 ball bank puyying him behind the balls. And depending who I am playing will realy make my decision what shot I would shoot.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
ace said:
I think this might have been a good move.
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AaOQ3BAdi4CXqI4DVcT4EIGe3FWcO3GNtB3HNao4IBkI3JTJP4KYNm3LEMH3MEff2NYBH1OLjx2PXFF4Qcpt3RbSx2UaOQ3UdYE3VAdi3VAdi4XVcT4XVkT3aWcO3aYgO4fYNm4fYNm2iYBH2iYIY4iXha2kXFF2kXsR3kbor3kXYc3mbSx3mbrr@[/CUETABLE]
described by vapros and weiied by ace thats what i would have shot

bstroud

Verified Member
Artie hit the spot here.

Most shots are determined by the layout you face but the second most important factor is WHO you are playing. What can they do? How do they think? What shots do they have?

Playing pool is not an exercise about shooting the correct shot or about who is the better player. It is an exercise about WINNING. That is the only thing that matters. That is why I play.

If you're not there to win? Find something else to do.

Bill Stroud

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I like bothe shoots but the 12 into the 2 and 5 can get a little toucthy its not that easy to get the cue ball behind the 7 ball. But its the strongeat out off your two selections.

And even banking the 8 ball is a lillle touchy. But I like both shoots and the eight ball would be my choice out off those two shots. Because it would be easier too get good resultes.

I would shoot the 14 ball intoo the one ball make the one in the side and the 14 ball might go in my pocket or kiss off a ball by the pocket and go in. and the 14 ball will be by my pocket.

I think I would draw the cue ball back too the side rail it looks more natural too do then follow the cue ball because off the angle. And I dont want too scratch.

And if I make the 14 ball Then the cue ball is in a better position too shoot from the before. And anothe ball in front off my pocket will make it harder for my opponent.

And I no I am leaving him a backwards cut on the 8 ball If I dont make a ball. I hope he would shoot at it thats why I am leaving the cue ball thier.

And if it the easeast shot too control the shot and cue ball. Its plain and simple and close too the balls. Thier is nothing that could go wrong with execuiting the shot. Its complete control.

But I like the 8 ball bank puyying him behind the balls. And depending who I am playing will realy make my decision what shot I would shoot.

You dont have too worry about no lnog banks because the way all the balls lay. The first person who gets a shot has a chance too run out. By the way the balls are.

And you move two balls to youre side that will help your position were the cue ball is. And if you make the 14 ball you are in a real great spot were you might run out.

And one other thing that people dont see because the dot reay think enoff is
if you want too lust mofe the cueball up like a half a dimond. and the 14 ball goes in front off your pocket.

THe one ball being spoted could be iin line withe each other. And he will have big problems. And if the cue ball is on the same line as the one ball. You can realy be in a trap.

But people dont think ahead and that is one off the main reasons thier game does not improve. You have too improve your thinking not just your shooting.

And You learn and practice to improve your game knowledge and what you cant do. You can Improve your game and that will help you and give you a better chance too win.

But winning realy comes down to what gams you make. Making games is how you win. Not trying too win by outplaying your opponent.

IF you make a good game you will win. If you always want too win make a game you cant loose at.

WE win because off what kind off game we made. And like everyone knowes most off the games are won before they play.

Making games in pool in gambling is more important then how you play. What game you make is the most important thing you do in winning and gambling.

Making games or bets it all comes dpwn too how goog a game or bet you make. And thier is a game and spot that will beat everyone.

And you can pmly loose. And if you bet on a pool game and one person gives you 7 to 5 odds.

For1 hundred dollars. And you give another person 6 to 5 odds on the same person. You can omly win.

THe best ff any bet will get the money in the long run.

And how much the best off it. Yhe better for bet or game . The better your chance off winning.