VARNER/EFREN whats the shot

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
artie you gotta trust me on this one:rolleyes:
there is no trick photography
its really nick varner playing efren reyes:)

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
i know efrin probably did something spectular and moved balls from nicks side to his side. but for me im kicking top rail to the side rail behind the 2 ball and down to the bottom rail close to and behind the ball closest to nicks pocket. even if i wind up not hitting a ball nick is in big trouble. and this is an easy no risk kick. keith

stljohnny

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
This is what I would try - and I'm not sure I'd care if I missed the hit and took a foul.

Of course, it's more likely I'd catch the 9 on the way through and sell out the whole game. :/ Cuz that's I roll. heh.

Attachments

• VARNEREFREN1.jpg
    VARNEREFREN1.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 0

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
stljohnny said:
This is what I would try - and I'm not sure I'd care if I missed the hit and took a foul.

Of course, it's more likely I'd catch the 9 on the way through and sell out the whole game. :/ Cuz that's how I roll. heh.

Great idea Johnny. I'd've probably kicked like Sappo, but I like this idea very much.;)
Rod

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
KICK!
I suppose you could Punch the 5 firmly and lay on the 14. Lays natural to change varners side at the same time. Hate leaving that bank though. But I am looking for an opportunity to get left high here, so I can leave him by the hole. Looks BAD for me here.

Or how about the five off the 7/9 to your hole and squat?:rolleyes:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
well if you guys remember in my last thread i talked about the move of hiding in the stack when there is balls by your opponents pocket
this move by efren used that strategy but surprised me because
like you all i saw the kick off the end rail as the shot
p.s. stljohnny we'll come back to your shot soon

this may take a bit to get the whole story out as im at work
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
heres what efren shot
ne4.jpg

Attachments

• ne3.jpg
    ne3.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 0

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
this time around efren took an idea from our stljohnny:)
coming off the 9 though using a carom off the 14 to get to the side rail on nicks side
something like this
ne13.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
although efren move would have been stronger (the original shot) if he froze nick on a ball so he couldnt put him back in the same spot
he did manage to put pressure on nick for several innings
eventually efren left nick a long straight in which nick made as if it was a hanger and ran out
moral of the story even tho it didnt work out
sometimes hiding in the top of the stack to live for another inning is not always a bad move
(he should have taken the kick:D :rolleyes: )

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
My thoughts

My thoughts

I don't see the positive expectaton from Efren's play, but then I'm not Efren either. I like the shot Sappo mapped out. going to the head rail and coming down behind the two. It is easy to pull off and almost assured of being in a better position to do more positive things with upcoming shots. Coming off the three to obtain the same position is too tough just to save one ball. I wouldn't try that one, and coming between those balls near the bottom rail might not be possible and could wind up a disaster.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I'm looking at the top of page 2, at the picture you have noted as 'Nick's shot now'. Looks to me like he can cross the 2 with the 5, and get them both out of the neighborhood, while freezing the CB against the 10 and 7.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
this time around efren took an idea from our stljohnny:)
coming off the 9 though using a carom off the 14 to get to the side rail on nicks side
something like this
View attachment 2552

I like shooting off the 3 ball and leaving Varner straight in on the 2 ball. I believe that the 3 ball is the ball in the center of the table and I also believe that it passes the 2 ball, so i'm shooting the 3 ball and playing cue ball only leaving Varner close or frozen to the top rail straight in on the 2 ball.

I know that if I can do that Varner probably wont shoot the 2 ball because there isn't much reward if he makes it, but if he misses he probably would lose the game.

Varners next shot would be to shoot either off the 5 ball or 8 ball dropping to the bottom cushion with the cue ball. From there I couold possibly get out of the trap.

It's important when shooting off the 3 ball to either freeze or position the cue ball closely to the top cushion, reason being if you dont then Varner will have a free cross corner bank on the 6 ball with the ability to swing the cue ball three cushions to the foot rail on Reye's side of the table. And you don't want to give him that shot, period.:eek:

Billy I.