Shannon/bugs #3

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Good thinking Doctor Bill about him only needing one after fouling. In playing the spot shot it's possible that you may wind up in a position after making the ball that you might not have a routine shot to make his ball and scratch or jump the cue ball off the table. I would shoot at the ball on the spot only if I really felt comfortable pocketing it and knew that I would be in a good position to pocket his ball and get it back on the spot.

Just yesterday my opponent had his game ball hanging and I needed two with the other ball near and past the line. I had no choice but to bank that ball, I made it but wound up far away from his hanging ball. Too far to jump it off the table so I tried to follow it in and failed.

Another question is how much of a difference is it if he needed one and you need three verses you only needing two?

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
But then again it's impossible for you to have ball in hand behind the line needing 2 balls, with only 2 balls on the table.

So lets say that the cue ball stopped in a position that you would shoot a spot shot from, with a ball on the spot and the other ball in your opponents pocket. This way it is possible for you to need both balls and your opponent only needing one.

Billy I.

Thats great that back surgery helpet you a lot. You have had the correct choice. As far as me I would do the same thing. Ill waite for more answers.

I hope that you dont feel no more paun from your surgery. But if your answers are a lot better. It could be because you needed a good nights rest. And you had time too clear your mind.

But getting some good rest always helps. And I hope you dont have too go back no more for the same pain.

AS far as I am concered even once is too many times. Get yourself strong and healthy again. And you will be ready for the second round.

WE get two rounds in life The light years and the heavey years. And these are your heavey years.

I hope your back is stronger and it will help your game . And most off all I hope all the pain is gone. To me thier is nothing worse then pain.

And maybe Dock will let you use his name. And we can call you Billy straught back. Welcome back too the one pocket world. Thier are a lot off people who like you and look up too you. So dont disapoint them.

Ill see you at the one pocket tournement in may. In las Vegas if you are comeing out her. If you cant makw a ball dont show up.

One off us noy being able too shoot is bad enough. And if we both cant shoot John Henderson will put us both in a coma. With youre back and my brains how can we miss.

We have over 100 years off experience. And thats a lot too learn. And we atre still undefeated playing in partner games.

And nobody wants too play a partner game with two players having 100 years off experience.

We are undefeated. A perfect score.100% John are you ready for the Band B partner game yet.

Or do you need more practice. Or are you ready too play and have fun. I dont even no if Billy can stand up at the table. Im just talking.

I always feel good when I think about you and what a gentleman you are too play with.

I think thats because you are from the old school. And a generation off respect and class.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Thats great that back surgery helpet you a lot. You have had the correct choice. As far as me I would do the same thing. Ill waite for more answers.

I hope that you dont feel no more paun from your surgery. But if your answers are a lot better. It could be because you needed a good nights rest. And you had time too clear your mind.

But getting some good rest always helps. And I hope you dont have too go back no more for the same pain.

AS far as I am concered even once is too many times. Get yourself strong and healthy again. And you will be ready for the second round.

WE get two rounds in life The light years and the heavey years. And these are your heavey years.

I hope your back is stronger and it will help your game . And most off all I hope all the pain is gone. To me thier is nothing worse then pain.

And maybe Dock will let you use his name. And we can call you Billy straught back. Welcome back too the one pocket world. Thier are a lot off people who like you and look up too you. So dont disapoint them.

Ill see you at the one pocket tournement in may. In las Vegas if you are comeing out her. If you cant makw a ball dont show up.

One off us noy being able too shoot is bad enough. And if we both cant shoot John Henderson will put us both in a coma. With youre back and my brains how can we miss.

We have over 100 years off experience. And thats a lot too learn. And we atre still undefeated playing in partner games.

And nobody wants too play a partner game with two players having 100 years off experience.

We are undefeated. A perfect score.100% John are you ready for the Band B partner game yet.

Or do you need more practice. Or are you ready too play and have fun. I dont even no if Billy can stand up at the table. Im just talking.

I always feel good when I think about you and what a gentleman you are too play with.

I think thats because you are from the old school. And a generation off respect and class.

Not to get technical we will say the shooter needs two balls and his opponent has his game ball hanging in the pocket.

And you have a shot at youre pocket behind the line like if it were a spot shot. What would you do shoot the spot shot and then scratch.

Or scratch wright away and give youre oponent cue ball in hand behind the line.Does that take care off the technacalities. What would people shoot?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
if a pro level player can make a spot shot 8/9 times out of 10
i think you shoot the shot and then make his ball and scratch/foul
if there is ANY hesitation in your confidence to make the spot shot
then you make his ball and scratch/foul\
thats my opinion

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Frank Almanza said:
I never knew there were choices other than the spot shot. Actually I did but why not shoot for the win. If I can't make the spot shot then I might as well stay home and watch some streaming on the net.

If the other player needs one, that spot shot gets tougher. Then I would go for the foul and three balls on the spot.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
If the other player needs one, that spot shot gets tougher. Then I would go for the foul and three balls on the spot.

That ie 100% correct John. And the reason you dont shoot the spot shot if you need two balls is by shooting the spot shot you can only loose even if you take the spot shot 9 out off ten shots.

Because you still need one and oure oponent will still have the move on you even if you make the spot shot and scratch on the next ball.

He has cue ball in hand both ways.When you get done shooting.

Unless you each need a ball then you shoot at the spot shot. Because you are the favorite to make the spot shot. And thier is not much off a choice.

You are not going to make his game ball so he wins. And it does not make sense to pass up yhe spot shot. And scratch and now you need two balls instead off one.

I would do exacly what john said he would do. Excepte for one minor detail I would rather john shoot the spot shot for me. THen me shooying the spot shot for me.

But if you need two balls I would scratch and follow his ball in the pocket.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
for the record bugs made the spot shot and knocked shannons ball in

Who one the game after Bugs mage the spot shot? Because Bugs still needs two balls and Shannon needs one ball.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Who one the game after Bugs mage the spot shot? Because Bugs still needs two balls and Shannon needs one ball.
in the beginning of the thread bugs needed one so he won the game
later in the thread the scenario changed
"for discussion purposes"