grady vs billy

bstroud

Verified Member
Spin bank the 14 if it is on.

Another option is to bank the 14 into the 12,2? and put the cue ball up on the side rail.
Can't tell from the pic but a reverse bank on the 10 might be possible.

Bill Stroud

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I like all those shots. It's a Kim Steel table with fairly easy pockets, so I'm inclined to turn in the 14 cross-corner. Then, if no shape on the 3-ball, the 13-ball can be banked up and back.

The 3-ball carom bank won't go, but it puts it nearer the hole, and also gets the 11-ball out of there.

I also like Bill's shot-- banking the 14 into the stripe/2 with low, sending the CB up table.

Of course, Grady shoots all kinds of tricky shots. If the 14 wasn't on, he may have even banked the 6 straight back!;)

Doc

bstroud

Verified Member
I don't like the bank on the 6 but one could bank the dark ball just behind the 6 and billiard the cue ball off the 8 for position on the 14 hoping to make the 10.

Bill S.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
everyone has given good options in whats available.
bill ghost and sappo like the carom bank of the 3 off the 13
frank wants to bank the 14 and so does bstoud but with different cue ball direction(i think)
doc likes em all!!
i posted this because the first shot i saw was the bank on the 14 following the q to the side railbehind the 3-13
grady opted for the 3-13 carom
bill ,ghost and sappo get a cookie:)
i was surprised that that was the first shot mentioned. it goes to show me that players of different levels think a certain way
part of improving is "seeing "whats available and then of course to execute the plan
heres gradys shot
gb2.jpg

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
Thats a good shot Not bad at all.Its hard too see the correct angle off the balls.

But it looks like uts a free bank on the 14 ball.

And if he gets behind the balls he could run out. But its hard too see yhe angles off the balls.

Sometimes you have too be wright at the table too see the angle.

But thier is nothing wrong with the first dhot. If he makes a ball he can run 8 and out too.