You vs. opponent - the end game 9 - wwyd

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
the problem i see is you leave an open view of the balls
after your shot
to me the ideal place to be is behind the 8
whether that be coming off the 1 or 2 railing the 5 or even soft kicking on it(8)
jmho
icbw

Kicking softly behind the 8ball will too often leave a two in the corner on the 1ball. You really don't get much done with the kick unless you freeze to the 8ball, i'm not banking on that happening. Two rails into the 8ball and move it toward your side leaving distance. Now you're applying pressure and forcing your opponent to come with a good shot.

Dr. Bill

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I need someone to show me that two rail on the 5 when the angle is not there to stun or draw behind the 8:confused:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I need someone to show me that two rail on the 5 when the angle is not there to stun or draw behind the 8:confused:

Jim don't try to take the training wheels off... you will crash and burn.. better to stick to the easy ones and ring your bell every now and then:D

have a nice day:)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

I have been playing one pocket for 50 years and I have never seen anyone play a shot anywhere close to that one. That is unless they were dumping. Or unless they had the complete nuts and wanted to throw off a game for advertisement purposes.

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I have been playing one pocket for 50 years and I have never seen anyone play a shot anywhere close to that one. That is unless they were dumping. Or unless they had the complete nuts and wanted to throw off a game for advertisement purposes.

Dr. Bill

You are sounding like Lou now.. its not even difficult.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Well boys and girls... class will be in session tomorrow... I usually don't show the goods for free but just because Billy made the comment he has never seen that shot in 50 years of playing... Im going to the pool hall tomorrow after not hitting a ball for 10 days and I will video tape me doing the shot on my FIRST try... then after that guys like LSJohn and Jim will realize why Lou would.... rather try to put lipstick on a rattle snake than **** with me at 11 to 7..

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
The Ghost, as always, with the reality check

The Ghost, as always, with the reality check

As for the 5ball 2-railer shot being discussed...it's not as bad as Billy and Jim are saying, nor is it as good as Rob and Corey are saying =

Is the shot laying to where it's possible to hit well - absolutely.....Is there a kiss in the shot? - not at all.....but lastly, and most important ----->

Getting just one shot at it, in a game, is the % of hitting it excellent, meaning, successfully controlling the speed and the accuracy of both the 5 and the cueball, high enough for it to be a shot to choose here? - no, it isn't...

Class (including Rob) dismissed...:cool:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
As for the 5ball 2-railer shot being discussed...it's not as bad as Billy and Jim are saying, nor is it as good as Rob and Corey are saying =

Is the shot laying to where it's possible to hit well - absolutely.....Is there a kiss in the shot? - not at all.....but lastly, and most important ----->

Getting just one shot at it, in a game, is the % of hitting it excellent, meaning, successfully controlling the speed and the accuracy of both the 5 and the cueball, high enough for it to be a shot to choose here? - no, it isn't...

As for you... its good you know your limitations.. as for me shooting the 2 railer.. its a hanger... I swear I wish everyone on this site was in my local pool hall because that would motivate me to play again.. unfortuantely you suckers are too spread out:D:p:lol

have a nice day

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Kicking softly behind the 8ball will too often leave a two in the corner on the 1ball. You really don't get much done with the kick unless you freeze to the 8ball, i'm not banking on that happening. Two rails into the 8ball and move it toward your side leaving distance. Now you're applying pressure and forcing your opponent to come with a good shot.

Dr. Bill

where are you playing the cue ball if you can see the 1 ball after the soft kick??
what would you say is your % to make it??

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

I do understand the concept of the shot and how it plays, however, shooting the shot from the position shown is .."fools gold" and like I said, 50 years and never have seen any one try anything close to this shot the way it lays. If anyone wants to choose that option against kicking at the 8ball they have action with me.

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
If I had you in my poolroom every day..because of your major leak = your ego taking over your rational thinking :sorry I would make a living out of trapping you in prop bets...:heh...:cool:

have a nice daydream

LMFAO thats the funniest thing you ever wrote... let me know when you want to compare winning%:heh:heh

keoneyo

Verified Member
I can sink the 5 ball and put you on the long rail 99.9% of the time. It is "dogproof" as Grady would say.

Your opponent now has nothing but a safe to play except for a kick on the 7, which Im praying he will do, since he is frozen to the rail and has to have perfect speed to not sell out a cross bank or end up opening up the frozen balls.

I, me, keoneyo, can fire the 2 railer and shoot it well 10% of the time knowing that it is selloutable 90% of the time.

The soft kick on the 8 is a waste of time as the 5 ball is on the top and allows my opponent to roll on it for a safe or even bank it to his hole.

The 2 rail kick on the 8 ball is 50/50. The other 50 is I leave a cross bank.

Cutting the 1 ball is nice but then again iffy and I hope you have a nice smooth stroke to go along with it cause leaving a cross bank for villain to get out is there.

The only shot for me is the simplest. 5 ball in the hole and spots up.
Cue ball frozen to the long rail. And dare my opponent to come with something creative or daring.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I can sink the 5 ball and put you on the long rail 99.9% of the time. It is "dogproof" as Grady would say. (Correct)

Your opponent now has nothing but a safe to play except for a kick on the 7, (Not necessarily you could very easily leave a return bank on the re-spotted 5ball and send the cue ball back up table)which Im praying he will do, since he is frozen to the rail and has to have perfect speed to not sell out a cross bank or end up opening up the frozen balls. ( kicking at the 7ball imo is a strong shot and one that I wouldn't want to leave. If the kick on the 7ball is executed by hitting the rail before the 7ball the cue ball will go up table staying safely away from the spotted balls. If the kick hits the 7ball first the cue ball may go into the spotted balls but that could very easily be a good thing because of the angle and the side of the balls the cue ball will be going into.)
I, me, keoneyo, can fire the 2 railer and shoot it well 10% of the time knowing that it is selloutable 90% of the time.

The soft kick on the 8 is a waste of time as the 5 ball is on the top and allows my opponent to roll on it for a safe or even bank it to his hole.

The 2 rail kick on the 8 ball is 50/50. The other 50 is I leave a cross bank.

Cutting the 1 ball is nice but then again iffy and I hope you have a nice smooth stroke to go along with it cause leaving a cross bank for villain to get out is there.

The only shot for me is the simplest. 5 ball in the hole and spots up.
Cue ball frozen to the long rail. And dare my opponent to come with something creative or daring.

I would consider playing off the 5ball if I were confident I could position the cue ball..low on the long rail by the pocket. From the angle and distance left it would be foolish for my opponent to attempt crossing the re-spotted 5ball, and the kick on the 7ball would be much trickier.

But I still like the kick on the 8ball as my choice of options. Easy to judge and gets a lot done, plus it's an aggressive shot that apply's pressure.

Dr. Bill

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
as for me shooting the 2 railer.. its a hanger...

have a nice day

If I had you in my poolroom every day..because of your major leak = your ego taking over your rational thinking :sorry I would make a living out of trapping you in prop bets...:heh...:cool:

have a nice daydream

LMFAO thats the funniest thing you ever wrote...:heh:heh

It's not funny - it's the truth...as in...

I've already challenged you to shoot two of your preferred shot-choices as prop bets and both times you refused to put your big-girl pants on and accept the challenge - instead, you tap danced away...:heh...:lol...:p...:heh

onepockethacker

Verified Member
If I had you in my poolroom every day..because of your major leak = your ego taking over your rational thinking :sorry I would make a living out of trapping you in prop bets...

have a nice daydream

It's not funny - it's the truth...as in...

I've already challenged you to shoot two of your preferred shot-choices as prop bets and both times you refused to put your big-girl pants on and accept the challenge - instead, you tap danced away...:heh...:lol...:p...:heh

Ghost when you figure out when and how to take an intentional foul.. look me up :lol:lol:lol until then stay in the shallow end

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Ghost when you figure out when and how to take an intentional foul.. look me up :lol:lol:lol until then stay in the shallow end

Way to dodge the very pointed question Ghost posed. (I might point out that you revile Lou for this same thing.) If you know you are right, and I assume you believe you are due to your magnanimous posting, then why not show the world and bust the Ghost for all the world to see at the world's greatest pool tournament?

P.S. After being called to the carpet by the Ghost and then avoiding the question entirely is, in fact, a form of tap dancing.