Xenforo Test Forums for OnePocket.org

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I tried to post a 2 min vid of mine and it immediately says file to large. I didnt think about the storage issue in the overall scheme of things..

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
After I registered, I was going to do a test reply, but a box said that I "don't have sufficient privileges to post here".
Also I don't see where a guy can change his settings. But the format is reminiscent of our older one, so that's a good thing...:D

Once you are registered and logged in, at the top right you will see your user name. If you are logged in as admin you will see the word admin.

Click your name and a box will drop down with many options, one being preferences.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
You can see at the top under forums where you can click "new posts" or "latest activity" and a bunch of other options which should be very nice for those who wanted to see the latest posts and newest posts easily.

Another kind of cool feature is I can click on a username, like for example I clicked on crabbcat, and then I chose "FOLLOW". Now, not only can I get notifications any time he posts but also I can click my news feed and see all of them. So for example, you may want to follow members who you want to make sure you don't miss any of their posts or insights.

It may not be a big deal for some but I also like not having to log back in every time I come back to my screen. Xenforo seems to keep you logged in pretty much always.

Some cool stuff so far for sure...

Last edited:

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Hey Dave, just like this version, if you just scroll down to the bottom there is a box where you can type your post in and click reply.

If you mean to quote a specific reply, then in the bottom right hand corner of the post you can click "REPLY" to quote them, you can also add a reaction to the post by clicking the LIKE button. If you hover over the word LIKE, it gives you options to react (general ones like love, sad, angry, happy, haha, etc.).

You're right, I missed that. Thanks. I'm good with whatever you and the group decide.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
You're right, I missed that. Thanks. I'm good with whatever you and the group decide.

Me too, 144... I put up a test post in there, but didn't use my credentials,, so I doubt anyone will figure out which post is mine...

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I logged in and did not find the button to allow me to add a comment in an existing thread. I see the button to use if I wanted to start a thread in a group (like one pocket), but not once I enter the thread. Am I just old and blind? :)

Dave

Yes, and yes. Remember? You poked your eyes out with your BB gun.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Bill. What happens is some of this software starts to become outdated and not user friendly for cell phones or over the web etc. I've had to redo my buisness website several times the last few years because stuff was getting outdated. AZ Billiards also has old software and my Android phone doesn't even work on some of their stuff.​​
This program your seeing now isn't very user friendly and isn't working correctly. So, they are testing the new one that you just joined and asking our input. No other web site forum would ever even think to ask our opinions...lol. It will also be dead in a few more days as it's just a test to see if we like it. It works a lot better though. It's going to be a bitch switching yet again but it will be better and look more like the old one.
​​​​​​ Give them a few more weeks to put the work. Keep in mind it's a ton of work to do all this and it's going to take a little time. I trust Chris and Steve to get it right and I'm sure it will be worth a few weeks more of aggravation

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Hey I just found out that our host changed to unlimited disk space / bandwidth! :D

That means we wont have to worry about uploading images and filling up the space which is pretty awesome!

ok, carry on...

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Crab man, no I know it takes time, especially since the pay scale is so low. We are getting more than we pay

Yes we sure are!! We are very fortunate to have Cincy for this kind of thing -- wow!!

I am going to go ahead and buy the basic xenforo license so he can start setting us up. We may go backwards a little before we really go forward -- but ultimately going forward is definitely the idea, to keep pace with technology changes so we do not get left totally behind.

Thank you all for your patience and input!!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Yes we sure are!! We are very fortunate to have Cincy for this kind of thing -- wow!!

I am going to go ahead and buy the basic xenforo license so he can start setting us up. We may go backwards a little before we really go forward -- but ultimately going forward is definitely the idea, to keep pace with technology changes so we do not get left totally behind.

Thank you all for your patience and input!!

Great news! All of Cincy's and your work is appreciated!

~Doc

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks, I shall do my best!

Working on it today and tomorrow so if the forums are down at any point it will be temporary and up as soon as humanly possible!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
ok, well it looks like we are live on the new software!

I thought we may lose 30 days worth of posts but it looks like I only lost a few hours at most, sorry about that...any post you made in the last few hours is gone so please post again if you would.

Also let me know if anyone runs into any issues, thanks!

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
looks like I need to find the setting to turn off mod needs to approve the posts, hold tight!