Wwyd?

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
If it was a good amount of money, offer to buy him a beer. Then over the beer try to setup another match for another day.

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
I wouldnt quit winner. But if it was tough and I felt lucky to get the win, I wouldnt stick around long to let him change his mind about trying to get back even.

I would find "Greener Pastures" ;)

Ken

Deeman

Verified Member
Me? Winning? After the shock to my system, I'd say, "Is that Elvis?" and run out the back door.

Understand the sad lack of playing I have done recently.

DeeMan

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Wouldn't anybody at least extend a friendly hand and thank the losing player and tell him how many bad rolls he got and lucky breaks you got and that you'd love to do it again some time? I guess I must be the sucker because I do it every time win or lose.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Wouldn't anybody at least extend a friendly hand and thank the losing player and tell him how many bad rolls he got and lucky breaks you got and that you'd love to do it again some time? I guess I must be the sucker because I do it every time win or lose.

When I'm a loser and somebody gives that cheap con I really don't care for it.
If they say nothing I say "Thanks for the game".
Rod.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Rod.

If I was connin', I wouldn't say it. Usually its true. If I steamrolled the guy, I'll offer him weight but in a respectful way.

SJDinPHX

Suspended

All that would get you from me, is a fat lip ! :sorry If it was my last few $$$, maybe a kick in the nutz too ! :eek:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
What I tell the sucker is, "If you like your spot you can keep it." "If you like your backer you can keep him." :lol:lol

Beard

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Don't worry, if I ever played you, you'd probably be the winner.

I'd tell you "You got some really terrible rolls, I totally lucked out, I can tell you haven't been playing much, I doubt that I'll be able to give this game again." :p
Rod.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Rod.

I agree. Almost anything a person says is disingenuous if you think about it. You luck in a ball, followed by a "sorry"...... Really? you are sorry? We can just put the ball back up, or chalk the game up to me. I think if there were true sorrow involved, we'd see this. But there is no sorrow involved.

Same thing with everything.... "nice shooting" is really just bs (most of the time). Take anything we all say, it is all bs. This is why I just stick to a strict regiment of "good luck" when I lose..... say nothing when I win. Why make a moment worse via bs for somebody who is already not happy about losing.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Customer Service

Customer Service

You just won a grueling match for money. You have offered to play another but your opponent pulls up. WWYD?

I'd thank him for the game, ''I'll return the balls'' and I get the time. Then I wait and listen, everyone simmers a little, some don't stop for quite some time, others....who knows. Till I know that aspect of his personality, I don't talk, I don't cross that line.

Depending on the opponent, I also may NOT of said ''play again''????, but will wait for him to speak first....as many of us know, the timing of this question can quickly ruin the moment, sometimes for good.

sidepocketkid

Verified Member
there's a whorehouse two hundred yards from the poolroom, gone there many a time after a good score.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
there's a whorehouse two hundred yards from the poolroom, gone there many a time after a good score.

I think I know the place. Is that where you ask to play billiards even if you don't want to play billiards? A guy named Skinny running the place? Is there a cute girl with a cut up face working there? I got you scoped out ,, Schofield Kid...:eek: