Wwyd you need them both.

unoperro

Verified Member
You need them both. Your opponent needs 1.
They are on your side.
5 is frozen
4 is a big chalk cube off the rail.
5 blocks shooting the 4 straight in.20220806_183110.jpg

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I like playing the 5 ball into the 4 and make the combo. Use some RHE and go 3 rails back out to make the 5 next.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I am shooting the 5 into the 4 to pocket it.
Shooting hard to either get the 5 to double out of the opponent's pocket, or to go across and back again.
Drawing the cue ball quite a bit back up table in case the 5 doubles out of the opponent's pocket, so I have a shot on it.
thanks,
Whitey

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i am sure mitch or tony would double cross bank the 5
bring the cue ball back around to his long rail in the kitchen
then shoot the 4 straight in.:eek:
thats my story and i am sticking to it
😂 😂

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Rail first on the five, hit about half ball. You make or hang the four and the ball goes three rails and out. You may not have a shot at the five, but you won’t lose the game here either.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I would go rail first and try to carom the 5 ball into the 4 and make it , That way, I don't have to do anything firm with the cueball ! My goal would be to play the cueball between the pocket and the half diamond from his pocket, on his long rail, wherever that point may be with just a natural rolling shot. That way if I miss the 4 he has to get extremely lucky to get a bank . and if I make the 4 I should have the 5 straight in. Whatever happens or how I hit it ,my speed on the shot would never move the 4 ball farther from the pocket, than it is now. I hope that makes sense.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I would go rail first and try to carom the 5 ball into the 4 and make it , That way, I don't have to do anything firm with the cueball ! My goal would be to play the cueball between the pocket and the half diamond from his pocket, on his long rail, wherever that point may be with just a natural rolling shot. That way if I miss the 4 he has to get pretty lucky to get a bank . and if I make the 4 I should have the 5 straight in. Whatever happens or how I hit it ,my speed on the shot would never move the 4 ball farther from the pocket, than it is now. I hope that makes sense.
bingo
winner winner chicken dinner
(y) (y)
hitting it soft the 5 stays near the short rail
nice shot billy

unoperro

Verified Member
Play the combo and you better make it. I feel the 5 ends up nice for your opponent.

DOMINATOR

Yup. Cross the 5 ball two rails too your pocket and go up and down with cue ball and shoot 4 straight in!!!!! 💪

Reactions: lll

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
All I see is the combo. There's more than one way to shoot it, but you had best commit to it and play for a shot on the 5. I can see a possible danger of making both balls on this shot. I will keep that in mind.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Two railing the 5 is a fun shot here actually but I am likely playing the combo softly and going all out to make it and win the game. I don’t like hitting the combo rail first. The possibility (to me) of a scratch in the opposite corner and the loss of accuracy aren’t worth the trade off. Just my $US.02

Reactions: lll

shw

Verified Member
If I'm sure the combination goes and the five doesn't go in his pocket, I'm shooting it.

If I'm iffy on that, I like the soft hit on the 4 leaving it in the jaws (jimmyb above) or if I'm not sure I can pull that off then just kicking behind it and waiting for better shot. Especially if I'm playing a weaker player. I don't want to lose on something risky to someone I have a good chance of out moving from here on out.

If I'm playing a champion that I have little chance of out-moving, I might take the combo hoping to get lucky.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
If I'm sure the combination goes and the five doesn't go in his pocket, I'm shooting it.

If I'm iffy on that, I like the soft hit on the 4 leaving it in the jaws (jimmyb above) or if I'm not sure I can pull that off then just kicking behind it and waiting for better shot. Especially if I'm playing a weaker player. I don't want to lose on something risky to someone I have a good chance of out moving from here on out.

If I'm playing a champion that I have little chance of out-moving, I might take the combo hoping to get lucky.
The kick behind the 4 most likely to me will leave the opponent the opportunity to move both balls out of there on his shot and you reset the table
Jmho
Icbw

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Play the combo and you better make it. I feel the 5 ends up nice for your opponent.
That is why you go rail first. The five stays closer to the hole and the cue ball comes to the middle of the table. Playing a straight combo is a guaranteed sellout if you don’t make the combo shooting straight at it.

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
I would execute this combination by using high right-hand spin on the cue ball (about 1:30 to 2 o'clock on the cue ball), slowly striking the rail slightly before the 5-ball, which would allow the 5-ball to bank into the 4-ball. By striking rail first with the cue ball will surely enable the 5-ball and cue ball to keep separation with both balls (5-ball and cue ball) proceeding in the direction of the short rail.

I believe this approach to a difficult combination provides the shooter with the safest likelihood of making the 4-ball without giving up a shot on the 5-ball (or 4-ball) should the 4-ball not go into the pocket. Should the 4-ball be made in the pocket then the 5-ball will be in perfect position to be made in the pocket.

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Howdy all;

Why not come off the foot rail near the pocket and just nudge the 4 into the 5?
Ya the table re-sets but you are still in it.

hank