WWYD, there is no right or wrong answer. My break was turned around nicely, now it's my shot?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Northern KY
That's not bad Whitey, you may get lucky and the 9 may tickie off the 2 if it throws a little.

I also like shooting the 6, but I am playing into the 12 to have the 12 go to foot rail and out of there (maybe even removing ghe 11 in the process) and the 6 to carom off the 12, his long rail and back on to my side.

CB I am stunning forward to the right and trying to get as close to the foot rail as I can behind the 1.

Thanks for the WWYD ~

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I believe I will shoot thru the 9 ball, sending the 13 across to my side. Jojo goes thru the 1-6 gap and stops very near his pocket. Productive and preemptive.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Northern KY
My choice.
I thought about that too and even thought, if you kicked soft there to freeze him on the back side of the 1, he has to take his own balls out and/or leave you on the wrong side of the stack...but then I decided those balls have to go.

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
I thought about that too and even thought, if you kicked soft there to freeze him on the back side of the 1, he has to take his own balls out and/or leave you on the wrong side of the stack...but then I decided those balls have to go.
I don't think you would like the 2 rail kick landing on the 2 or 3.

beatle

Verified Member
two rail the 1 ball into the 12 on the low side of it. might make it and win the game later on. tuck cueball into 14 ball.

if it gets hit thicker all good things can happen but cant tell what they are.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
I like banking the 6 ball a little thicker and trying to come off the bottom of the 13 ball and then to my hole. I feel by playing a thicker hit on the 6 I can better control the cue ball. I want to play this shot soft, just pocket speed leaving whitey on the bottom rail close to the 1 ball. K

catkins

Verified Member
From
placerville CA
I am going to shoot a firm stop shot through the 1 (one tip above center to roll forward an inch) if the angle is right the 1 plays off the 11 to my pocket

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
That's the first shot I saw. The CB goes two rails into the 11
These are my ideas also , I like cincys shot , but the risk reward factor is a bit too high for me personally. ie I can't win with the shot , but I can certainly lose with it. My goal would be to snuggle right on the 11 ball and just hit the 13 9 hard enough to get the nine in between where it is now and my pocket. the 12 being there should block easy returns
Shooting the 1 full is a great shot, I just don't think there is room to do, that and if you skin that 14 first , as my old buddy Speedy Gonzales would say," I don like you chances from there senor' !"
I don't see as good as you guys can someone try to recreate it on the virtual pool game please?

Last edited:

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
I'm kicking at the 1/14 softly. My goal is to protect the 15, 3, 5 and 10, and hopefully limit his options by leaving the CB against the 1 and the rail, which should be very feasible due to the close proximity of the 1 and 14. I'm not a fan of banking the 6 into the pack because the angle seems funny.

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Northern KY
Isn't it crazy that you can have so many different shot options and we all like something different? That's why I love this damn game!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Isn't it crazy that you can have so many different shot options and we all like something different? That's why I love this damn game!
isnt it also not so crazy that some options are really better/more productive
yet some of us dont see them and/ or cant do them or dont see the dangers of some shots
thats the difference between winning and losing
jmho