WWYD shot after the break

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Gambling…. Your opponent just broke and it’s your shot.. you know which pocket is yours I hope :). Wwyd?

7BCE20BE-D730-4FFA-9CF4-EB6B0EA6EF80.jpeg98C14B91-D52A-4C81-9190-CC4ABFD80C51.jpeg6D78D825-93E7-4BED-A214-79B897D7AD42.jpeg

Kybanks

Verified Member
Quite a few good options here! I believe banking the 13 ball into the 5 ball is my shot choice. Just cut the 13 ball and let the cb glance off the 14 ball and let the cb track behind the 2 ball.

Jakie

Verified Member
From
Naples Fl
Bank the 11 two rails into the stack ( short rail- long rail ) pushing balls to your side. With follow, send the cue 1 rail off the bottom cushion
hiding it behind the 4. You can't win with the balls sitting as they are- you need balls on your side ! Good WWYD. Thanks Mitch

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
That 13 looks good to me. It could be banked to move the 2 and 5 to my pocket leaving the cb sitting on the 14/9 - but I think I'd bank to make it following cb to the rail with 5 then 6 to spread the stack a little.

dmcparland

I like coming off the six, knocking that up almost to first diamond level and leaving the cue ball under or on the 2 ball.

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
I like just not being aggressive her and just tick the 6 to get on the other side of the 2. I want to get aggressive later and not risk selling out from the beginning.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
I like just not being aggressive her and just tick the 6 to get on the other side of the 2. I want to get aggressive later and not risk selling out from the beginning.
This is interesting, Matt. I am a fan of being aggressive early if the table looks bad for me. Ala Rods shot (which I didn’t shoot but maybe should have)

Justintingle

Go for the 1 or 3/ 4 rail kick may end up taking a foul or getting lucky and softy graze the 2 either way you don't lose the game and can live to fight for the ball back later..best option imo

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
This is the first, 'Natural' shot that comes to mind.

'Stun follow' the CB behind the 2 ball, with the 11 ball caroming off the 3.

This is where a 'Straight-thru' stroke and a, 'Vertical axis' CB contact is paramount.

WWYD shot after the break.jpg

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I thought about your shot kyb, but was worried about the scratch off the 14 and I feel its easier to just go straight there from the long rail.

For the stun shot under the 2 that a few people like, I saw this too but what about the scratch off the underside of the 2? It seems to loom large (for me anyways)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Wait a second Mitch, you like to be aggressive!?!?!? I don't believe it for a minute! ;)
knowing Mitch, he probably shot the 11 like a cross corner but into the back of the 2 / 5 with some speed and drove some balls towards his hole while swinging the CB 2 or 3 rails around to have his opponent straight in on the 10 or a sell out cut on the 3. :)