WWYD, one more for the poolist, shooter is ahead 6/3

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
wwyd.jpg
Top pocket is shooters pocket, older wwyd, thought newer members might like this. those who know, don't post it first.

Last edited:

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
From
London, UK
If I were mad at my money I might double bank the 4 off the 8 and bank the 8 at the same time.

Most likely I’d bank the 11 pocket speed with draw

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I don't know the 4-8 balls shot y'all are suggesting. I'd likely bank the 11 straight back, which can be shot without anything selling out. Otherwise a guy could 2-rail the 9ball. It probably does not pass the 11 to the hole, but it can be placed near the hole.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Northern KY
The 11 was my first look but I think I like 2 railing the 9 and float up a bit for 11 my game ball if I make it or dbl him up if i don't

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
From
N.CA
The 8 will probably bank pretty good but I don't like how I feel I would have to play the CB and where the 4 might end-up. And I don't really want to put those in play.

I almost like playing a stop-drift shot to two-rail the 9 ball and play for a shot on the 11. But I'm not entirely sure I'd get the 9 to clear the 11 as it went down table.

I think I'd play the 11 to bank one-rail with low-right on the CB to tap that 9 off the rail and end up behind it for game ball. Hopefully just enough speed to tap the 9 off the rail doesn't allow the 11 to bounce far from the pocket if I miss.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i know this is not rods shot
and i know its not sexy
but me being up 6-3
i am tieing up the 9-5
and rolling forward alittle
rods wwyd.png

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SugQVvGDzAVBmitJ6
Notice how the cb slightly bounces back off the resistance weight of the 4/8 and thus creates a more favorable angle to get in behind the 1 ball. This shot can also be played into the head rail and then spin up tight against the 1 ball.
The 4 ball slows down because of the reverse english put upon it.
Use a level cue stroke.
Whitey

Last edited:

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
From
N.CA
Notice how the cb slightly bounces back off the resistance weight of the 4/8 and thus creates a more favorable angle to get in behind the 1 ball. This shot can also be played into the head rail and then spin up tight against the 1 ball.
Use a level cue stroke.
Whitey
Thank you, Whitey, for uploading this. It was very educational.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Whitey has hit another great shot for us. Force follow is right up my alley, but this one is too demanding for players at my level - he avoids the 1 ball and the scratch. I will hit the 4 almost in the face and draw Jojo back against the short rail. I want to leave the 4 on my long rail and bank the 8 back just past my side pocket - or hit it hard enough to avoid leaving the cross-corner bank, depending on how I see it when I am at the table. No time to take any risks.

Kybanks

Verified Member
I've looked at this and with the lead, I'm either moving the 4-8 or I'm moving the 11 ball towards the 9 ball and putting the cb behind the 1 ball

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Use a level cue stroke.
Whitey
Great shot whitey

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Thanks guys! I just had to video and share that shot.
I also worked 3 other scenarios, and for me, I can not find any fault in just simply banking the 11 to our hole, w/ working the cb to the head rail and possibly in behind the 5 ball.

If you guys watched the match between Mika and Hawaiian Jimmy, Jimmy would of taken about 2 seconds to do the 11 ball bank, absolutely a no brainer for him!
Whitey

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
The site had a discussion about this shot a month or so before, I had tried it a few times, being a gofer when it came I shot it. It was recommended by Dr. Bill, worked too a tee . thanks Dr. Bill BTW the key is to aim the 4ball at the corner pocket.dr. Bill.jpge. Thanks Dr. bill

Last edited:

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
Use a level cue stroke.
Whitey
This is as beautiful a shot as I've ever seen.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XtZP1tBy58F37Xi1A Androd's Shot! This is a really demanding shot. Try it guys, and you will see what I mean.

This is just another example of Billy Jackets comment from the last wwyd. Great minds of OP seeing and executing the shot.
I did not think the 8 ball could actually be thrown that much w/ the cb in that position.
thanks Androd for these oldie but goodie wwyd's. Whitey

Thanks, OneRock! Whitey

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
From
N.CA
the key is to aim the 4ball at the corner pocket.
My inclination would have been to shoot the 4 towards the side pocket to try to induce optimum throw and play some top (left) on the cue ball to try to impart spin that would more throw the 8 over the line of centers. I'll have to get on a table to play around with that.

This may be a great shot for Dr Bill and some of you other sharp-shooters, but I would fear that missing the 8 would leave two good opportunities for my opponent to either clear them both away towards his pocket or an easy bank.