WWYD here?

unoperro

Verified Member
Bottom right to the end rail kicking the 13 2 rails at the 3 .
I feel confident I can at least hang a 1 rail bank on the 13 but I see giving up more then I can get if hit badly.

Jakie

Verified Member
From
Naples Fl
Last edited:

hayes1699

Verified Member
2 rail the 13 to my side rail about the 2nd to 3rd diamond, hold the cueball on the short rail just inside the 1st diamond by his hole.
Yeah but if you don't hide the 13 you'll be in a bit of trouble when opponent recrosses the 13 and puts the cue ball under the stripe at the top left.

Renegade_56

Verified Member
Yeah but if you don't hide the 13 you'll be in a bit of trouble when opponent recrosses the 13 and puts the cue ball under the stripe at the top left.
I ain't worried about that, hell he may leave me a bank. Whatever he does, it's better than him shooting balls in his hole.

baby huey

Verified Member
Get the thirteen out of there BUT make sure you stick the cueball on the rail.The game is early and with him on the rail it'll be pretty hard not to leave you something.

beatle

Verified Member
im with fats if he is banking the ball on the short rail. but i want to roll up the long rail for position on something.

im playing to win the game.

Reactions: lll

beatle

Verified Member
you are down 4 to1
most balls are up table are you waiting for the rest to go up there

when its time to shoot shoot, don't balk.

Reactions: lll

Eengat

Verified Member
pff bank 13
or cross 3 hide behing 1 and 6
at times i will buckle up and prepare for long game...uptable

i would also look at banking 1 into the eleven and put him between 2nd and 3rd on long rail
would take straightback out and put some on my side, but create another one for him
this layout for me very much depending on form and table, extremely

Eengat

Verified Member
pff bank 13
or cross 3 hide behing 1 and 6
at times i will buckle up and prepare for long game...uptable

i would also look at banking 1 into the eleven and put him between 2nd and 3rd on long rail
would take straightback out and put some on my side, but create another one for him
this layout for me very much depending on form and table, extremely
did i mention opponent as well?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Cross corner the stripe on the bottom rail, coming up behind the 3 looks pretty good to me.

I'd also have to take a very close look from the far end of the table back toward my opponent's pocket, to see if there was a decent area to double or triple them up playing that stripe straight back toward my pocket. The priority being to lay up the cue ball behind the 5 & 9.

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
This is an interesting wwyd to me due to the options.

13 ball.
Offense ....banking to make, I am going into the 3 because I don't think I can get the 13 to the hole and hold the CB for a shot on the 3. The 3 should end up somewhere between the side pocket and the 1st diamond below. If you come off the left side of the 3 you should have a nice bank on the 1.
The downside is two fold imo. First is you could leave a cross bank on the 3 that will most likely lose the game. Second, the upside is limited to a couple balls.
Defense...2 rail the 13 to near the side pocket trying not to tie up your banking lane. Use stun follow to leave no bank on 11 or 3. Opponent response will most likely cross the 13 and put you in upper left, possibly behind the 13. From there it looks like it will turn to a up table game.

12 ball/straight back. Banking this ball straight back, not to make but to leave close, with inside holding the CB behind the 9 or 5 is great shot if you are confident that you can execute. The dangers here are obvious. That said, if you can execute your opponent will be in a very difficult position.

3 ball. Moving the 3 ball to your side around the 2nd diamond and leaving Cb behind the 11. The danger here is coming up short on the 11 and letting your opponent see the 3 ball or of course going too long and selling out the 11.
If executed correctly, the opponent will bank the 13 up his side and put the CB under the 3...balls start going up table.

My shot selection depends on how I am feeling and score in the set.

beatle

Verified Member
being way behind in balls and having a shot or two to get you into a better position most times will take much more value than letting the game go up table.

if you let the game go up table against a better opponent you are cutting your own throat. so unless you are much better than your opponent you had better think hard before acquiescing to go up table.

prolonging a game is detrimental to your chances of winning against a better player or a player in a better score position.