WWYD here?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Northern KY
ball count is 2-0, your opponent is winning, your shot, WWYD?

(you can only see maybe the right 1/3 of the 10 ball, you cant hit it straight on)

You are not hooked on the titty but you are on the long rail real close to the pocket corner.

1634154059726.png

1634154072083.png

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Presumably the 3-6-14-10 combo is not on. Doubt that I'd shoot it if it were. A guy could look at slicing the 8 in, and have the CB combo the 4 into the hole. But those are all desperation shots.

I'd likely shoot in the 4ball with right side spin so as to come off the foot rail and move away the 9 & 7 balls.

The problem with any shot here is that the shooter is 8-feet+ away from his choices.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Doc, I thought of your second choice, pocketing the 4 and having the cb go into the 9, and then the 7 is lying pretty nice to possibly pocket.
Nice choice.

Unopero, I like your choice of coming off the 3 into the 4. This could send some balls by your hole, and have some protection for them.
Whitey

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I think you stand a better chance to make the 4 by coming of the 3 and then the 12.
Can you roll straight into the 15, which caroms off the 5 directly into the 10, toward your pocket? If the 10 goes you should have the 15. If it doesn't a soft roll might leave the cue ball tied up in the middle of things.

But the 4 is still going to come back and bite you. I'd look at other things but be inclined to dump the 4 somehow.

Now that I look some more, it appears if you shoot into the 4 you might be able to come into the under side of the 9 and the cue caroms the 7 right toward your pocket :) Why not :LOL: (edit -- what Dennis suggested too I see)

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I'm with Doc, final answer. Knock down the 4 ball, without a doubt, and having nothing in play on my side, go on and move the other two. Maybe something positive will come of it. I am in a bad spot here. The only possible reason to not pocket the 4 would be if I had prospects for a much more profitable shot than I have here.

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I agree with Doc, Bill and Larry. The only other option I see is drawing off the nine, which is tough shooting out of the pocket. The angles coming off any of the other balls just do not look right to me.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member

(you can only see maybe the right 1/3 of the 10 ball, you cant hit it straight on)

You are not hooked on the titty but you are on the long rail real close to the pocket corner.

View attachment 436760

View attachment 436761
If I can only hit a 1/3rd of the ten ball I must assume I can't hit anything to the left of it. If that is the case I would take an intentional , my opponent would also take 1 unless he was goofy and then I would roll out onto the head rail straight in on the combination 14 and 4 and hope he either missed it or sent the 14 out of play after making the 4.

Reactions: lll

Kybanks

Verified Member
I'm jacking up and shooting the 14 ball into the 4 and drawing the cb 1 rail back to that side rail. Over cutting the 14 ball into the 4 ball, a lot of good things can happen.

beatle

Verified Member
keep it simple and just roll the 4 in and let him have a lousy sell out bank next.

or shoot the 14 into the rail first and pocket the 4 and float the cue ball into the space between the 3 and 12.

if any body here can make the precsion hit that will do what complicated results needed should be making a game with tony or dennis and racking up some cash. or wake up from the dream.

Reactions: lll

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Northern KY
If I can only hit a 1/3rd of the ten ball I must assume I can't hit anything to the left of it. If that is the case I would take an intentional , my opponent would also take 1 unless he was goofy and then I would roll out onto the head rail straight in on the combination 14 and 4 and hope he either missed it or sent the 14 out of play after making the 4.
You can shoot straight down the rail at the 4 if you choose so yes you can hit to the left of the 10, but the stripe next to the 10 has you blocked from seeing 2/3 of the 10.. hope that makes sense. I still like your intentional shot either way.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Northern KY
For those making the 4 and running into 9 and 7...if you don't make something in your hole, you are most likely selling out a cross corner

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I like the 4 best but I want the cue ball frozen to the 12 or 3 afterwards. A go for the gusto shot is to thin cut the 8 moving the 9 and banking the 7 after that.

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK

what about shooting the 14 off the 9 into your pocket and following the CB to pocket the 4 ? The 9 is likely to brush the 7 (otherwise you would leave a relatively easy bank on the 7)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I'm jacking up and shooting the 14 ball into the 4 and drawing the cb 1 rail back to that side rail. Over cutting the 14 ball into the 4 ball, a lot of good things can happen.

Good call. That's my shot as well, you are going into a big ball playing the combo, put A SWEET stroke on it and I wouldn't be surprised if you put yourself in the driver's seat when all said and done

Dr. Bill