Wwyd help

Skin

Verified Member
I'd bank the 15 over to my side and leave him way the hell up there.

Skin.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Score 6 to 3. Your up and it's your hole where the cue ball is
I'm coming off the 13ball with a med. soft draw, off the side cushion favoring the left side of the cue ball, and applying very little left english.I would hit this shot hard enough to fall short of the 8ball. If I should butcher the shot the worst that can happen is I give up a tough cross corner on the 4ball.

This type of shot is difficult for many players but if you have this shot as part of your arsenal now's the time to show it.

Bill Incardona

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I'd bank the 15 over to my side and leave him way the hell up there.

Skin.

If you can see that part of the ball that's my shot as well. To me it doesn't look available. Lets just say it's not unless we get some sort of conformation it is. But if we get conformation it's probably because that was the chosen option. :lol

Bill Incardona

Skin

Verified Member
The pockets are 4.25

What about bumping the 4 and try to leave long and straight on the 15

I wouldn't leave that sucker shot for myself because I would make it and look for a bank next. Not saying I'd get out, but might tie the score and be in control afterwards.

Is the lane open for the bank across on the 15?

Skin

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I wouldn't leave that sucker shot for myself because I would make it and look for a bank next. Not saying I'd get out, but might tie the score and be in control afterwards.

Skin

You can hit the face but can't hit the rt side of the 15

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
If Skin's shot is available I'm going with that shot, otherwise I like Dr. Bill's shot. Either way, they are both good shots from this position.

Tom

I posted as Jim was posting. I do not think I would attempt to spin the cue ball to hit the right side of the fifteen. In trying that it is very possible to double kiss the ball and lose control of the shot. There is no need to risk it and therefore Dr. Bill's shot would be my first option.

Tom

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada

Skin

That ball is just off the rail and thus very eay to make unless you paste the cueball to side rail. You give most players that shot when they are behind and they shoot it. Make ball and clear / turn the game around on you. Now it's 6-4 and the table tilted the other way. Sometimes safe becomes too-safe and the wrong shot. Bill I's 13 is always the "right" shot from there.

Nick

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I like moving the 13 too. I can't tell from the angle exactly how far the 13 ends up going -- but it is going up table and maybe hooking back toward my side pocket. The main thing is to control the cue ball. A 6-3 lead is significant. The shooter only needs two balls, so thinning the ranks down table is definitely in order...

Attachments

• Greenshot_2013-12-31_07-47-34.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-12-31_07-47-34.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 0

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Steve has the right shot and exactly where to play both balls to. Any other option and you are asking to get beat. Your opponent is down 6 to 3. Crossing the 15 ball and leaving him up table is not what you want to do here. If you give him a cross corner he is going to shoot it... If you cross the 15 ball over to your side rail, you leave him the bank on the 4 ball and play the cueball into the 15 ball you just moved. He will have shape on the 13 ball, 8, and 6 ball. Up 6 to 3 crossing the 15 ball isn't even a slight option at ALL!!!
P.S. If you were down 6 to 3 then you cross the 15 ball over to your side.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Steve has the right shot and exactly where to play both balls to. Any other option and you are asking to get beat. Your opponent is down 6 to 3. Crossing the 15 ball and leaving him up table is not what you want to do here. If you give him a cross corner he is going to shoot it... If you cross the 15 ball over to your side rail, you leave him the bank on the 4 ball and play the cueball into the 15 ball you just moved. He will have shape on the 13 ball, 8, and 6 ball. Up 6 to 3 crossing the 15 ball isn't even a slight option at ALL!!!

crossing the 15ball is an option (IMO) providing you position the cue ball past the center diamond on the top rail. But I do understand and agree with the problems in crossing the 15ball, it's all about the ending position with the cue ball. The 13ball option like the 15ball option is cue ball control. With the 13ball option you run the risk of leaving a cross corner with the 4ball and the angle to swing three cushions for position on the 6 and 8ball. Both shots have a demand in the execution with the cue ball, and if it's not there then you pass on the option.

However, between the two options the better option would be with the 13ball ...providing you can control the cue ball. With the 13ball option if you can snooker your opponent from seeing the 4ball then you have him in a position he's not going to like.

Bill Incardona

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Crossing the 15ball is an option (IMO) providing you position the cue ball past the center diamond on the top rail. But I do understand and agree with the problems in crossing the 15ball, it's all about the ending position with the cue ball. The 13ball option like the 15ball option is cue ball control. With the 13ball option you run the risk of leaving a cross corner with the 4ball and the angle to swing three cushions for position on the 6 and 8ball. Both shots have a demand in the execution with the cue ball, and if it's not there then you pass on the option.

Bill Incardona

You have a huge margin for error by 2 railing the 13 ball to your side and placing the cue ball on the end rail by the 8 ball. Your opponent have ZERO from there. If you cross the 15 ball your opponent is going to have SOMETHING and down 6 to 3 with the balls on your side and he gets a shot at a bank and shape he is going for it. You KNOW you would shoot the 13 ball Billy so why bring up the 15 ball cross in this situation?

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
You have a huge margin for error by 2 railing the 13 ball to your side and placing the cue ball on the end rail by the 8 ball. Your opponent have ZERO from there. If you cross the 15 ball your opponent is going to have SOMETHING and down 6 to 3 with the balls on your side and he gets a shot at a bank and shape he is going for it. You KNOW you would shoot the 13 ball Billy so why bring up the 15 ball cross in this situation?
I agree with you on which option is the most effective, however, when you factor in the degree of difficulty in the execution between the two options I can understand some players leaning toward the 15ball option. But most importantly if you're going to choose the 15ball option you must play a good cue ball.

Rob, I added another suggested opinion to my last post, read it.
Bill Incardona