WWYD? -- #91005

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
This is a few shots after the break, score is 0-0, what would you do?

Not a lot of options I see but curious what others like here.

1648226851843.png

1648226864965.png

1648226874328.png

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i would shoot the cue ball into the long rail on my side so that it rebounded to jump over the 5 and 2 land on the other side hit his side rail and come to rest near the 9 without leaving a shot on the 2 and blocking his view of my 5 ball
how did I do????
:eek: :eek: 😂 😂 😂 😂

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
seriously
i am stumped
since it doesnt look to me you can see the 9 ball
look forward to what the rest of you come up with

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
you could always take a foul and freeze on the 5
he will probably move your 12 ballcincy wwyd 2.png
but you might end up with a more manageable position when all is said and done
if i were forced to shoot
and i would have to be at the table to see if this is even remotely possible
i might try this and cross my fingers

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Softly roll into the 12 and back onto the 5. Regardless of what your opponent does you will likely have opened up some avenue to escape this difficult situation. When in extreme difficulty don't panic and seek to survive the moment with the simplest of solutions methodically working your way out step by step.

Tom

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
you could always take a foul and freeze on the 5
he will probably move your 12 ball
Softly roll into the 12 and back onto the 5. Regardless of what your opponent does you will like have opened up some avenue to escape this difficult situation. When in extreme difficulty don't panic and seek to survive the moment with the simplest of solutions methodically working your way out step by step.

Tom
We ended up in the same place but of course your way is better tom
👍

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I am 98% sure there is no room to get past the 5 off the 12. The shooter did not even consider it, so I don't think it was there.
And that is exactly why these threads are titled, 'What Would You do!' If the end result for viewers in these threads is to hold their breathe for a reveal, ,then they should be titled something else!

I'm not remotely concerned what the 'Shooter' considered or played.

From the 'screen shot' it looks to me it's possible.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Softly roll into the 12 and back onto the 5. Regardless of what your opponent does you will like have opened up some avenue to escape this difficult situation. When in extreme difficulty don't panic and seek to survive the moment with the simplest of solutions methodically working your way out step by step.

Tom
I like Tom's shot, but it looks like you could possibly spin the CB off the bottom rail into the stripe on your opponents side and bank it towards your side sending the CB up table.???

Reactions: lll

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
A tough spot, but happily there is only one ball easily available to him. I will thin off the 5 ball and come off the short rail and try to roll on the 4 ball. Looks do-able to me. Treading water while I get out of the corner.

With a similar rub off the 5 ball, shoot the gap between the 3 and 13 and take Jojo uptable. If you hit the 13, that's not too bad, either.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
2 rail the 9 into the 2 and knock to my pocket, no harder than pocket speed. Cue ball straight ahead a bit , not hard enough to scratch. If I can even hit enough of the nine? From the below shot it doesn't look possible.
If I can't do that shot , I would elevate and jump into the stripe along my rail and just go up to the other end with the cueball and hope he's not a champion, and only gets 1 , like most of us would.

Last edited: