WWYD # 81,813

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Score is 7-3 your opponent needs one ball and they leave you here.

Not very good pics but nonetheless, your shot, WWYD?

1649436266015.png

1649436276962.png

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I will be a wussy here and kick the 6 gently off the long rail. I would jump on even a slim opportunity, but this ain't it.

unoperro

Verified Member
I think only option is kick off the long rail above the 6 to bank it uptable..

Pocket the stripe and double them up and they send the 8 down table and you won't like that

beatle

Verified Member
yea bank the 5 or cut the 10 ball.

if going to maybe sell out trying for a safe might as well try to get three or even 5 balls.

unoperro

Verified Member
yea bank the 5 or cut the 10 ball.

if going to maybe sell out trying for a safe might as well try to get three or even 5 balls.
I am kicking the 5 out to win , you are shooting not to lose . That doesn't work for me.

beatle

Verified Member
do you realize how big a dog you are to win if you kick that six up table if it does in fact bank to your hole.

you have a shot to run 4 balls here and then bank the 8 into or near your hole, you wont get that chance again.

Last edited:

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
If the carom is close to being "on" I would seriously entertain playing that shot for the simple reason that the safety is difficult. Kicking off the side rail and sending the 6 up table sends the cue ball towards the left as we see it. That will likely leave a straight back for the win. Not a pleasant prospect but it may be all there is. This carom appears to be one that can be manipulated somewhat. It might even offer an element of safety, with a little bit of luck because once the cue ball comes off the (9?) it will head down in the general direction of the 6 ball. This carom at least gives the shooter a chance to get his feet into the game. Who said "Go down swinging!"? But only if the shot has good potential!!! I would not want to be shooting for the moon just because I've lost my patience. Remember....I said I would Entertain playing the carom!!!

Cheers,

Tom

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Well, this was Steve Cook vs Martinez and Rafael's shot. He thought about it for a long time. Beenie said he should have shot in the 11 and let him shoot from there, Dr. Bill agreed with the shot too but Grady said if he would have done that then Steve would have just come off the 8 and put him back there.

Good call on the bank carom Mitch and anyone else who liked it, that's what he chose, but got a bad roll (he hit it too hard), but I guess he forgot about the ball spotting, check out what happened:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Well, this was Steve Cook vs Martinez and Rafael's shot. He thought about it for a long time. Beenie said he should have shot in the 11 and let him shoot from there, Dr. Bill agreed with the shot too but Grady said if he would have done that then Steve would have just come off the 8 and put him back there.

Good call on the bank carom Mitch and anyone else who liked it, that's what he chose, but got a bad roll (he hit it too hard), but I guess he forgot about the ball spotting, check out what happened:

WOW
thanks for the wwyd cincy

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Woohoo!! Lol. Yeah he hit it too hard lol. Great carom though

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
If the carom is close to being "on" I would seriously entertain playing that shot for the simple reason that the safety is difficult. Kicking off the side rail and sending the 6 up table sends the cue ball towards the left as we see it. That will likely leave a straight back for the win. Not a pleasant prospect but it may be all there is. This carom appears to be one that can be manipulated somewhat. It might even offer an element of safety, with a little bit of luck because once the cue ball comes off the (9?) it will head down in the general direction of the 6 ball. This carom at least gives the shooter a chance to get his feet into the game. Who said "Go down swinging!"? But only if the shot has good potential!!! I would not want to be shooting for the moon just because I've lost my patience. Remember....I said I would Entertain playing the carom!!!

Cheers,

Tom
I'd like to add one more item, that benefits the shooter and the shot itself, which is all speed control.
When you hit the 5/13 carom here's what I like.
The carom off the 13, if the 5 is hit properly, will take Whitey behind the 6.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I think that such caroms, altho usually a bit closer to the pocket, are one of the most often overlooked shots in one pocket. Sometimes they can be seen as too good to be true and passed over. If it passes inspection hit that sucker. (y)

beatle

Verified Member
you need all the balls so not behind the 6 hit it such you get the best chance for position on a ball for your next shot,

Reactions: lll

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
I'd like to add one more item, that benefits the shooter and the shot itself, which is all speed control.
When you hit the 5/13 carom here's what I like.
The carom off the 13, if the 5 is hit properly, will take Whitey behind the 6.
Gotta say I like this..
Yeah I mentioned that in my original comment as well. Good eye, men. :) let’s goooo. Lol