WWYD? #81,544

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
green stripe into brown stripe carom it off the 5? ball to my pocket , bring the cueball off bottom rail and fat into 6 ball I might run out from here as bad as I shoot. I am using about a 3/4 table speed on the cueball, maybe a hair more.
I like this shot too, but instead of running into the 6 that would possibly leave cross corner banks I like driving the cueball up table towards the upper right corner where Larry is putting the ball. The triple up is pretty strong especially when you rearrange the furniture.

But I like Larry's thinking here as well.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Just for clarification this was GC's shot very early on.
Give credit where credit is due guys. post #5

might consider 14-15carom off the 5..... get cue behind 6 or up table close to rail behind the 1.

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Just for clarification this was GC's shot very early on.
Give credit where credit is due guys. post #5
If everyone sends $1.00 each per month for a year we can discuss credit due. Regardless I’m happy to see a way through…,that’s what I would do. The game is still new to me. The picture keeps getting better. Thanks to TRW’s guidance and the WWYD posters. Good stuff here. Thanks everyone for letting me in.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Hi Dave, I know this note actually belongs in your 15 and out thread but I don't think you will mind if I express my admiration for an excellent run of balls and your pattern for doing so was well planned. Nice shooting buddy!

Tom

Last edited:

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
If everyone sends $1.00 each per month for a year we can discuss credit due. Regardless I’m happy to see a way through…,that’s what I would do. The game is still new to me. The picture keeps getting better. Thanks to TRW’s guidance and the WWYD posters. Good stuff here. Thanks everyone for letting me in.
Don't be so humble, GC! Who know's, maybe this shooter plays the shot, screws it up and his opponent runs out.
You post here and you take what comes.

Thanks for the plug!
Buddies to the end.

Tom

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
12…. Come to S. Florida and play III. Would like to spectate. Maybe someday. If you’re ever in WPB we have a few good deli’s. Will hook you up with some lean corn beef.
goldcrown
with all your time with tom
and picking a great shot here
seems to me you would be tougher competition for dave (12squared) than me. :)

GoldCrown

Verified Member
goldcrown
with all your time with tom
and picking a great shot here
seems to me you would be tougher competition for dave (12squared) than me. :)
Nah. You’ll be fine with Dave. Home court advantage. Your neighborhood. Better music. Me… I’m sour. Not playing enough. I’m starting to see things better but not a run out player. That hurts. Would enjoy watching 12 & TW play. Would enjoy playing you.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
This was another situation in the Danny vs Alex match.

Right away JJ said he would not mess with the 4/6 at all, but admittedly, it was the first shot that came to my mind. It seemed natural moving both balls to your side, but the problem is possible leaving a cross corner bank or since you do have to cut the 4 slightly to the right, the CB may leak out too. If I shot it I would draw the CB to try and get as close to the 1 as I can.

Looking again at the table and reading the responses, I really think the 2 ball is the best shot. Alex would have gotten it close if not made it and I feel his CB would be safe, tripling Danny up.

The shot JJ liked (as you will see in the video) was simply shooting the 14 straight ahead into the 5 to break it up and roll the CB to the end rail. That is by far the easiest to execute but I wonder how strong of a shot it is. No one mentioned it, what are your thoughts on that shot?

Alex, to my surprise, chose GC's shot (you get a cookie GC!) and whoever else liked the combo. I thought it was too hard to execute, especially weaving the CB up table without hitting anything. This was apparent in Alex's shot as he did not hit it well.

The video starts on the shot before where Alex makes a good shot and gets unlucky to be left here:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Nah. You’ll be fine with Dave. Home court advantage. Your neighborhood. Better music. Me… I’m sour. Not playing enough. I’m starting to see things better but not a run out player. That hurts. Would enjoy watching 12 & TW play. Would enjoy playing you.
me too (y)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
me too...(y)
was always fun in the past
since you think like alex and tom i probably need a big spot.... :eek:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
This was another situation in the Danny vs Alex match.

Right away JJ said he would not mess with the 4/6 at all, but admittedly, it was the first shot that came to my mind. It seemed natural moving both balls to your side, but the problem is possible leaving a cross corner bank or since you do have to cut the 4 slightly to the right, the CB may leak out too. If I shot it I would draw the CB to try and get as close to the 1 as I can.

Looking again at the table and reading the responses, I really think the 2 ball is the best shot. Alex would have gotten it close if not made it and I feel his CB would be safe, tripling Danny up.

The shot JJ liked (as you will see in the video) was simply shooting the 14 straight ahead into the 5 to break it up and roll the CB to the end rail. That is by far the easiest to execute but I wonder how strong of a shot it is. No one mentioned it, what are your thoughts on that shot?

Alex, to my surprise, chose GC's shot (you get a cookie GC!) and whoever else liked the combo. I thought it was too hard to execute, especially weaving the CB up table without hitting anything. This was apparent in Alex's shot as he did not hit it well.

The video starts on the shot before where Alex makes a good shot and gets unlucky to be left here:

i think JJ's shot is safe and would probably lead to an uptable game (probably to alex favor )
i liked that the 4/6 seemed to to be tied up and blocked alot of shots to danny's pocket so i wouldnt be in a rush to move them
i think one of the shots that gets a ball by alex pocket and leaves the cue ball near the corner in the kitchen on danny side is the shot.
i like the 2 and didnt think of banking the 13 into the tied balls near alex pocket
i like that 2
those balls will eventually need to be loosened up
my 3 cents....😂
thanks again for a wwyd cincy
you get the nomination to be the honorary ghost recipient.....:D
congratulations on your new position.....(y);)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
i think JJ's shot is safe and would probably lead to an uptable game (probably to alex favor )
i liked that the 4/6 seemed to to be tied up and blocked alot of shots to danny's pocket so i wouldnt be in a rush to move them
i think one of the shots that gets a ball by alex pocket and leaves the cue ball near the corner in the kitchen on danny side is the shot.
i like the 2 and didnt think of banking the 13 into the tied balls near alex pocket
i like that 2
those balls will eventually need to be loosened up
my 3 cents....😂
thanks again for a wwyd cincy
you get the nomination to be the honorary ghost recipient.....:D
congratulations on your new position.....(y);)
Thanks Larry, but I would/could never replace the Ghost!

I post WWYDs for my own benefit too. I love seeing the different responses, who picks what, maybe seeing a shot I didn't notice before or a strategy I didn't consider....good stuff!

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Here's a very simple yet effective option. Following through the 14ball placing it on your side hidden behind the 5 and 13 balls. This shot just about forces an up-table game and compliments your 3/1 advantage. I also like several of the shots that were mentioned but just wanted to slide in a very simple yet effective shot that often is overlooked in similar situations.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
The two aggressive shots that were brought up with banking the 2ball the other with playing off the 14ball while sending the 15ball into the 5ball deserve consideration, especially coming off the 14ball option. One thing that must be respected is the huge ball position the non-shooter has, because of that the option chosen needs to either develop a strong ball position for the shooter or create a situation where you can break down your opponent's ball position advantage. Banking the 2ball doesn't fit well in either of those two scenarios. IMO. I also like Baby Huey's option with banking the 13ball into the 7ball.

Dr. Bill

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
A little while later in the same game Danny is at the table just made a hercules shot and then a shot with bad position leaving him here.

Am I crazy or shouldn't he have shot the 2 ball bank? He is one of the best bank pool players in the game today and it looks like it lays to be safe naturally either by drawing into the 11 or into the long rail then into the 11, I am very shocked he didnt even look at it. Especially with the shot he chose he can only get 1 and then take out the 5 or pocket it, whereas he makes the bank he has the 12 with a chance to get more.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Chris, in a situation where you can lose the game regardless of which option is chosen select the shot you feel you can pocket more often. I didn't feel Danny chose the wrong shot, however, I agree he could have opted to bank the 2ball but obviously didn't like it as much as the cut on the 5ball.

Dr. Bill

ppanzera

From
Los Angeles, CA
I think that sometimes players are looking for the shot that scores. In this situation I'd bank the 13 ball into those two balls, the 3 and 7 closest to my pocket. I can hold the cue ball along the rail and my opponent will not have a shot at his hole and I can get some good action going towards my hole.
Great observation, that we don't have to always do something "now," which is pushing it here. This is like a waiting move in chess, develop a little more. I do like the 15 carom into the 5, which it seems we can either make or get real close, but there's also a realistic chance of leaving him a bank. Listen to Baby Huey... he's the man!