WWYD? #81,544

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
You just made a good shot in your hole but got unlucky to not come up with another shot.

You are winning 3-1 this game and it's still your shot.

WWYD?

1648571906494.png

1648571919812.png

1648571931684.png

1648571939655.png

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
the bank is doable and i will try to get cover
the combo helps since those balls go easier for him than me
the bank on the 13 is also an option
cincy wwyd 3C.png

GoldCrown

Verified Member
III.. I like your 3...might consider 14-15carom off the 5..... get cue behind 6 or up table close to rail behind the 1.

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I like the bank on the 13 - ala lll - but it only gets me one ball. I like the bank on the 2 - ala lll - but it only gets me one ball unless I fall on the 13. I like the combination - ala lll - at pocket speed, perhaps the best choice. This is an ugly table, as everything is lined up to go the wrong way. I can't win until the 5 balls around the rack area are moved a bit, but I don't see a safe way to do it now. I will combine the 14-15, only if I feel like I can leave Jojo uptable on his long rail. This might be the answer.

Thanks for a good puzzle, Chris. You are everyone's hero these days. Every WWYD is an oasis.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I like your 3...might consider 14-15carom off the 5..... get cue behind 6 or up table close to rail behind the 1.
Excellent choice GC!!! Send the cue ball up table and triple up your opponent. Should you make your carom you will have plenty of open shots. Good observation.

Cheers,

Tom

Reactions: lll

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
green stripe into brown stripe carom it off the 5? ball to my pocket , bring the cueball off bottom rail and fat into 6 ball I might run out from here as bad as I shoot. I am using about a 3/4 table speed on the cueball, maybe a hair more.

beatle

Verified Member
larry is best here.

bank the 2 and come across behind the 13. then you can make the 13 and maybe the 15. now its 6 to 1 in ball count.
if you miss you can leave him safe.
and you can play position off the 15 for a bank or something. all the time leaving him no shot unless you flub it.

Reactions: lll

baby huey

Verified Member
I think that sometimes players are looking for the shot that scores. In this situation I'd bank the 13 ball into those two balls, the 3 and 7 closest to my pocket. I can hold the cue ball along the rail and my opponent will not have a shot at his hole and I can get some good action going towards my hole.

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
I definitely like getting the 13 by my hole whether I make it or not and protecting the cue ball. That leaves my 13 as his issue to remove it. I have the lead, so one more ball by my hole and defense as well is a win-win.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
I like crossing the pink ball (4)? with lots of high left english and coming back into the 6. Looks too congested to leave opponent

a crossbank back to his hole.

unoperro

Verified Member
I like crossing the pink ball (4)? with lots of high left english and coming back into the 6. Looks too congested to leave opponent

a crossbank back to his hole.
That is a pretty long reach to stroke accurately with the amount of english necessary. Hit between the 6 and the rail whitey goes uptable a little but 6 will hang around.

As a professional go off I learned a thing or 2.

unoperro

Verified Member
If you can pocket the 1 in the side and leave whitey stuck in the jaws....

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
The 13 bank was my first thought, I liked it just fine until I realized if I hit it good , and didn't make it , about 80 % of the players I know, will back cut the 14 ball, mostly they will make it, and now I just lost a game I had the nuts in.
There it is again....."Never force your opponent to shoot the shot that beats you.", not only do you lose 2 bullets, you will be dragging your ass around the next game or two , kicking it. {Unless you are a world champion" They don't do that.......

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
The 13 bank was my first thought, I liked it just fine until I realized if I hit it good , and didn't make it , about 80 % of the players I know, will back cut the 14 ball, mostly they will make it, and now I just lost a game I had the nuts in.
There it is again....."Never force your opponent to shoot the shot that beats you.", not only do you lose 2 bullets, you will be dragging your ass around the next game or two , kicking it. {Unless you are a world champion" They don't do that.......
You have more experience than me Billy but I’m not sure even a top player would cut the 14
with no guaranteed return shot and pushing the balls to my pocket
Especially on a 41/4 pocket
jmho

GoldCrown

Verified Member
You have more experience than me Billy but I’m not sure even a top player would cut the 14
with no guaranteed return shot and pushing the balls to my pocket
Especially on a 41/4 pocket
jmho
Interesting discussion. Considering the level/people I play they can go for the 14.