Woodward vs Smith -- WWYD?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Race to 3, tied up 1-1 and no one has any balls this 3rd game in the series.

Skyler just banked the 13 off the 12 over to his pocket and left Danny here.

Danny's shot, WWYD?

1606153096890.png

1606153129561.png

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Carom the 14 in off the 1 ball Its a hanger. 6 ball will go to rail carom off 13 and come over to your side

lll

Verified Member
I would bank the stripe that’s between the Q ball and the three ball
to my pocket and have the Q ball hit the head rail and bounce up to be under the one ball

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I'll excuse myself from this wwyd, for I believe I have seen this.
But,
thanks for continuing to put up wwyds! Whitey
I assumed others may have too, but without giving away what Danny did, whether it's what you would have done or not, what would you do here Whitey, I am curious?

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
If that carom on the green stripe is not dead to my hole.... I would bank that 2 ball into the stack and leave him up table quadrupled up in the top right corner.

vapros

Verified Member
The 13 ball has to go. I will send the 12 after it off the short rail, sticking Jojo right there. Enough speed to move both balls away from the pocket.

lll

Verified Member
The 13 ball has to go. I will send the 12 after it off the short rail, sticking Jojo right there. Enough speed to move both balls away from the pocket.
this is a question to sorackem too (i didnt know how to double quote)
wont your opponent just bank that greenish stipe to his pocket and hide your access to it with the stack??

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
I assumed others may have too, but without giving away what Danny did, whether it's what you would have done or not, what would you do here Whitey, I am curious?
Ok, I'll play! Do you see that catcher's glove w/ the 2 circling around w/ the 2 stripes and ends w/ that purple & green stripe combo.
So, I am shooting into the 2 so that the cb circles around those balls and pockets the combo.
Also, the green 6 ball banks to my hole!

Good way to lose the game, don't you think!
Smith is pretty imaginative, but I do not think this is the shot. Whitey

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
this is a question to sorackem too (i didnt know how to double quote)
wont your opponent just bank that greenish stipe to his pocket and hide your access to it with the stack??
If the kick bank on the 13 works well, it will land near my pocket. So if opponent finds it looks good to bank the 14?, he'll playing it with a good deal of angle and leaves the 13 near my pocket.
This might be fine for him if he makes it, and could work if he can go into the pack and open stuff up for himself - but it looks like a bit of a cut on that 14 with an awkward access. and the CB really flying afterward. Hopefully the 13 is still at my pocket if he misses.
I would hope the 14 sits as a decent blocker so he can't easily work the 13 near my pocket.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
I might consider hitting the stripe that is next to the ten ball. That will allow the five ball to bank the seven ball to your hole while sticking the cue ball on top of the ten ball. Nothing else moves toward to his opponents side and he will have the seven ball on his side of the table.

baby huey

Verified Member
Bank the two ball and draw the cueball such that you leave a combo on the stripped ball in opponents pocket. I see at least three balls and maybe many more if the bank is successful.

OneRock

Verified Member
I had almost the same shot the other day. I played the 12 two rails into the underside of the 13 and kissed it off toward my hole. I left the CB frozen to the stack and doubled up by the 14. But I think the 13 is a bit too close to the pocket here. So, maybe there's an opportunity to go one rail with the 12 into the 13 to bank it toward my hole, especially since the angle on the 12 is more conducive for this particular option. But the latter is a bit more difficult for me to judge and execute, at least nowadays because I haven't played much at all in recent months.

Whatever I do, it's got to involve removing the 13 from there.

Last edited: