Who's going to the derby?

daylate$short

Verified Member
From
Aberdeen, SD
All 9 Days!

All 9 Days!

Booked a room yesterday for all 9 days. My buddy and I signed up to be Dead Money in the one-pocket division.

Met Ghost a couple years ago in the AZ/1pkt room; bought a t-shirt....can't seem to find it now. Wish they still had that room set up for us, I always enjoyed it.

Charlie

JohnInNH

Verified Member
From
GOFFSTOWN, NH
This is my favorite tournament, I will be there all 9 days. I'll be playing in the banks, one pocket tournaments mainly to support Greg Sullivan and the top players.

I did cash the first few years that I attended, but for me it's not about that but meeting up with some great players and making friends along the way.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Trying to promote a game, Incardona and I against Henderson -- even up. I havent got the go sign from Cardone yet, but I think I can talk him into it.

Beard

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Trying to promote a game, Incardona and I against Henderson -- even up. I havent got the go sign from Cardone yet, but I think I can talk him into it.

Beard

No coaching ! make Billy go for himself. :)
Rod.
P.S. During the game I mean.
P.P.S. Of course the Ghost may coach John.

Last edited:

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Attending

Attending

I am booking my flight and room tonight from the 23 to the 2nd. I will play in all three...albeit dead money...
For those who don't know me, just look for someone with a Jack and coke, goofy smile, and probably needing 10-6 from any one on this forum...:D Just saying...

Bille :cool:

Jimmy B

Verified Member

Beard

I hope it comes off. Many of the members of all the message boards re to pool, would rather sweat that than the tournament matches, if it were to be streamed. I'm sure you'll be selling and signing lots of books, too.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

Beard

Sorry, I won't be there this year Beard.

Too much stuff going on out here next month to fade a long expensive trip in January to the Derby. The Markulis Memorial, one pocket and nine ball in Sacramento, followed by the US Open in Reno, will give me all the pool I can handle.

I am pushing 75 and my narrow escape against The Ghost showed me my game has slowed down some.:(

I am not saying I would not play that game, but from now on the action can come to me. 70 degrees in Sacramento or 10 in Louisville, I will stay here. The old arthritis doesn't like the cold.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Sorry, I won't be there this year Beard.

Too much stuff going on out here next month to fade a long expensive trip in January to the Derby. The Markulis Memorial, one pocket and nine ball in Sacramento, followed by the US Open in Reno, will give me all the pool I can handle.

I am pushing 75 and my narrow escape against The Ghost showed me my game has slowed down some.:(

I am not saying I would not play that game, but from now on the action can come to me. 70 degrees in Sacramento or 10 in Louisville, I will stay here. The old arthritis doesn't like the cold.

If you are scared pal, just say you're scared. Maybe you figured that my game is picking up at 73. Actually it is, and I think Billy and I have a cinch game. I wont even try and coach him.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
A cinch? sounds like youre going to california!

I deserted California when they hit me with the '72 Earthquake during Fred Whalen's tournament, and I aint gone back since. Up until then I liked it. The best thing they had going for them was good-looking, loose women, and since that aint a key factor for me anymore, who needs that lefty joint? Plus, I dont smoke pot and the pizza there is puce.

Beard

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
If you are scared pal, just say you're scared. Maybe you figured that my game is picking up at 73. Actually it is, and I think Billy and I have a cinch game. I wont even try and coach him. Beard
Fred, to what do you attribute your game picking up? Better health, more practice, different attitude? My game seems to be going down by the month. I just got a new table, so perhaps playing more than 2 hours per week will bring me up a little...:rolleyes:

BTW, the San Fernando earthquake was 2/9/71. Next time I see you I'll tell you a funny story about me and Diliberto from that winter leading up to the Invitational at the Elks.

Doc

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Let me give you a little incentive, Big John. I am going to have two different sports networks following me around the Derby. The History Channel and ESPN is coming to DCC with cameras.
They have both been in contact with me for the last few weeks. I am going to be dukking them into the hot shot gamblers, I promise to give you some air time if you give me and Billy I some action.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Fred, to what do you attribute your game picking up? Better health, more practice, different attitude? My game seems to be going down by the month. I just got a new table, so perhaps playing more than 2 hours per week will bring me up a little...:rolleyes:

BTW, the San Fernando earthquake was 2/9/71. Next time I see you I'll tell you a funny story about me and Diliberto from that winter leading up to the Invitational at the Elks.

Doc

I had cataract surgery on both eyes and I dont need glasses anymore. Then I had 2 separate eye surgeries to move the muscles back in line. Followed by months of eye exercises. Pool is all about the eyes and ACCOMODATION (that is a term that describes the eye being able to adjust going from the cue ball out to the object ball).

Big John H would have no chance against Cardone and I. It would be a slaughter.

Beard

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I had cataract surgery on both eyes and I dont need glasses anymore. Then I had 2 separate eye surgeries to move the muscles back in line. Followed by months of eye exercises. Pool is all about the eyes and ACCOMODATION (that is a term that describes the eye being able to adjust going from the cue ball out to the object ball).

Big John H would have no chance against Cardone and I. It would be a slaughter.

Beard

Come to California then. I will bet enough to pay for the trip.:D I may even get SJD to go in with me to sweeten the pot for you.