Who are the top 5 active regular posters?

John Brumback

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Yes, I do think that :eek:...as long as they give me 9-7...:)...

Seriously though, here's my opinion >>> I believe that between myself and the other handful of best players on the site, it's a close game - there may be at most, a 1/2 ball to a ball difference between some of us, and on any given day any of us might beat the other one.......also, fuggedabout John B. saying he's down the list :rolleyes: I'm just not sure if he's playing 'the modesty card', or the 'laying in the weeds to get action card', by saying that...;)...and as soon as he learns the game just a little more, he'll be the clear favorite on the site, since he's younger, and a much stronger 9ball and bank pool player than any of the rest of us.

- Ghost

Hey there Ghost.I'll tell ya the truth,I honestly don't have a clue how i would stack up with you or really anyone on this site.I never have known what speed I play one pocket. Heck the first thing I thought of was maybe a bragging rights one pocket.org tourny.So that pretty much tells ya I'm not fishing for a game with any of you guys.
I do think a little tourny with all of us would be fun though!
PS:can you tell me what fuggedabout means? I have never seen that word.
Thanks,John B.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
mafia 5&10 John.......

mafia 5&10 John.......

its slang from the movie"Donnie Brasco" so eloquently used in a rap by Pacino......I forget where exactly........he says it alot though and then he[Johnnie Depp] uses it,cheers,James

senor

Verified Member
androd said:
I haven't seen most of the people mentioned here play.

I would imagine John B is close to the top player named.

SJD admits his pool has slipped. :(

Billy I is on injured reserve. But a few years ago he played very well.

I haven't seen the Ghost play, or Doc, or Dennis
I watched John H and Artie for about 3 hours in Galveston.
They're hackers like me, I could certainly compete with them. :)

The only guy on the site I've seen that could really play is Senor,
and he has quit.

Rodney (androd) Stephens

Thanks for the compliment Rod. I do remember a few moments of clarity on the pool table, but they seem very distant right now :)

senor

Verified Member
John Brumback said:
Do you mean he has Quit playing or...do you mean he has quit In him?? lol
Thanks Mr. Stephens.John B.

On more than one occasion I wished I had some quit in me :( Oh well, like Rod told me a few times, it's easier to get a good night's sleep when you're outta money ;)

Jimmy B

Verified Member
John Brumback said:
Hey there Ghost.I'll tell ya the truth,I honestly don't have a clue how i would stack up with you or really anyone on this site.I never have known what speed I play one pocket. Heck the first thing I thought of was maybe a bragging rights one pocket.org tourny.So that pretty much tells ya I'm not fishing for a game with any of you guys.
I do think a little tourny with all of us would be fun though!
PS:can you tell me what fuggedabout means? I have never seen that word.
Thanks,John B.

The word should have an it on the end. In other words fuggedaboutit. It is like a slang catchall word for empahsis. Like the duck would say "Jennifer is the hottest girl ever, fuggedaboutit.

Or that Mercedes handles and accelerates like no other car ever fuggedaboutit.

And then sometimes it just means. Just forget about it. don't discuss it any further..........

John Brumback

Verified Member
Jimmy B said:
The word should have an it on the end. In other words fuggedaboutit. It is like a slang catchall word for empahsis. Like the duck would say "Jennifer is the hottest girl ever, fuggedaboutit.

Or that Mercedes handles and accelerates like no other car ever fuggedaboutit.

And then sometimes it just means. Just forget about it. don't discuss it any further..........

Oh ok,I get It.I should have got that but I'm a little slow. If I would have just kept saying that to myself,I think I would have gotten It.Thanks you guys.
I'm feeling so dumb right about now.John B.

John Brumback

Verified Member
CaliRed said:
fuggedaboutit:D

Hehe,Nice one your good,I get It now.When he put the "IT" on there that helped! You'll still never here me say that though.That's kind like gangsta talk,Uh.lol.John B.

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
Just a thought...

Just a thought...

I was thinking about our little buddy Freddy the Beard and what he might think on this topic.

Listed in order:
1. Artie
2. Freddy
3. Anyone else from Chicago.
4. Efren - though he doesnt post, he learned the game in Chicago.
5. Obama - Again he doesnt post, but while born in Kenya, he lived in Chicago and therefore that makes him a great one pocket player. (Only problem is when he makes a ball he takes credit and if he misses he blames Bush)
6. Anyone that can spell Chicago.
7. Anyone that has visited Chicago.
8. Everyone else....

Ken :rolleyes:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I was in Chicago about a week in 1955, traveling with a pretty good bowling team out of Buffalo. Entered about six tournaments in the area, all singles. Froze my butt off - never saw the sun. Early May, as I recall. All kinds of crap blowing around in the streets, especially near the lake. Great town . . ;)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
vapros said:
I was in Chicago about a week in 1955, traveling with a pretty good bowling team out of Buffalo. Entered about six tournaments in the area, all singles. Froze my butt off - never saw the sun. Early May, as I recall. All kinds of crap blowing around in the streets, especially near the lake. Great town . .

vap, If I'da seen you, I'da sent Carmen Salvino with his roundhouse curve, and his 220 average over to bust you'se Buffalo guys..:eek:..;)..:D...:cool:

- Ghost

PS, The Ghost's favorite bowling memory from his teenage years, is picking up the 6-7 10 split...:)

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Wow, Salvino! A genuine character, known as Spook, and a fine bowler. He and Joe Wilman, I believe, were national doubles champions way back when. I have heard that he was a health nut, carrying around a big blender, into which he would pile fresh produce and a cup of water, making a sort of foamy shake. Bleaaahh. You can see Carmen, even today, sitting in the front row at PBA telecasts from the midwest. He was a regular on the tour for several years. Looks just the same as always. He might have been with the TriPar Radio team in Chicago in those days. Either that or the Jockey Coopers or the Falstaffs. Too long ago. Thanks for a good memory. :)

thebaby

Verified Member
what about the baby?

what about the baby?

I strongly beleive i should be on this list,i'll be 54 this year.battled many times with john henderson.i have plenty of heart,not afraid to go to battle if the bet is right.been known to go off from time to time.wait a minute everybody mentioned has the same qualifications.I want a vote to see if i qualify here.i bet i'm leaving myself wide open to alot of b.s. from here.bring on the ballots..once a sucker always a sucker.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
vap, If I'da seen you, I'da sent Carmen Salvino with his roundhouse curve, and his 220 average over to bust you'se Buffalo guys..:eek:..;)..:D...:cool:

- Ghost

PS, The Ghost's favorite bowling memory from his teenage years, is picking up the 6-7 10 split...:)

Gost did you no Rick Vigon. He was from the south side off chicago. He bet Horses and he backet bowlrts and he backet Rocket man.

He was the mosr homerable person I met in life. And He was the best runner out off all off my runners.

He was the best and the nicest human being you could no. HE got screwed so bad at the end.

You would not belive howe brytle and the lies the hospital told me..

It was one off the few times I realy went off. And ehey even caled security.

I told them to call the FBI. Becausae what they did to this kid was out wright murder.

And I never ealized howe brutle they could be.

And HE was one off the greatesy and most honest men in life. And I realy miss him.

And if you new him you would no he was as genourous and loyale as any person I have ever met.

He was waithing for a heart for 4 years. His heart was working Like 60% and he needed a heart transplant

And a KIdney transplant.

And I visited him almost every day at the hospotal. THey told me they have the heart and Kidney ready for him.

They even told me the have a plain or hilacopter ready too fly him to UCLA. Hospital.

And the kepte telling me every day as soon as thiwer is a bed open we will fly him wright out thier.

THey lied too me for 2 weeks. And keepte relling me about waiting for a bed too open up.

I said what are tiy going too waite for him too die so you dont have too fly him to UCLA. And the kepte relling me thier waiting for a bed.

It was all lies and Rick couldnt even talk no more that howe week he got.

And I told them if they have a heart for him. It doesnt stay fresh too lomg.

So what are they waiting for. But a patient in the hall way. And operate on Rick.

And then you can but him in the hall way and but the other person back in his room.

I started yelling at them. Are you just going too let him die and not do anything.

And thats what happened I came to the hospital in the morningvand they said he past away.

And I said you cteep mother ****ers should all be locket up for murder.

And you are a discrace too the profession. You people have no feelings for human life.

But nobody cares. And they just waited for him too die. THey had no intentions to help him.

And you could see the guilte in all thier faces. They couldnt even look at me.

And I said you people are all responsable. And you are worse then the criminals.

And I said howe ment people do you lie too and let them die. I said the only thing I feel bad about that it wasant them.

Rick desirved a chance to live. And he waited for years tell they got a heart for him. And he would fty every few months too UCLA to see his doctor. And ask about his heart and chech out the condition he is in.

Emagine haveing a heart that is only working 60%. I cant even emagine what that would be like.

But Rick Vigon was the greatest runner. And one off the greatest human beings on earth.

REst in Peace my Friend Quick Rick.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Gost did you no Rick Vigon. He was from the south side off chicago. He bet Horses and he backet bowlrts and he backet Rocket man.

He was the mosr homerable person I met in life. And He was the best runner out off all off my runners.

He was the best and the nicest human being you could no. HE got screwed so bad at the end.

You would not belive howe brytle and the lies the hospital told me..

It was one off the few times I realy went off. And ehey even caled security.

I told them to call the FBI. Becausae what they did to this kid was out wright murder.

And I never ealized howe brutle they could be.

And HE was one off the greatesy and most honest men in life. And I realy miss him.

And if you new him you would no he was as genourous and loyale as any person I have ever met.

He was waithing for a heart for 4 years. His heart was working Like 60% and he needed a heart transplant

And a KIdney transplant.

And I visited him almost every day at the hospotal. THey told me they have the heart and Kidney ready for him.

They even told me the have a plain or hilacopter ready too fly him to UCLA. Hospital.

And the kepte telling me every day as soon as thiwer is a bed open we will fly him wright out thier.

THey lied too me for 2 weeks. And keepte relling me about waiting for a bed too open up.

I said what are tiy going too waite for him too die so you dont have too fly him to UCLA. And the kepte relling me thier waiting for a bed.

It was all lies and Rick couldnt even talk no more that howe week he got.

And I told them if they have a heart for him. It doesnt stay fresh too lomg.

So what are they waiting for. But a patient in the hall way. And operate on Rick.

And then you can but him in the hall way and but the other person back in his room.

I started yelling at them. Are you just going too let him die and not do anything.

And thats what happened I came to the hospital in the morningvand they said he past away.

And I said you cteep mother ****ers should all be locket up for murder.

And you are a discrace too the profession. You people have no feelings for human life.

But nobody cares. And they just waited for him too die. THey had no intentions to help him.

And you could see the guilte in all thier faces. They couldnt even look at me.

And I said you people are all responsable. And you are worse then the criminals.

And I said howe ment people do you lie too and let them die. I said the only thing I feel bad about that it wasant them.

Rick desirved a chance to live. And he waited for years tell they got a heart for him. And he would fty every few months too UCLA to see his doctor. And ask about his heart and chech out the condition he is in.

Emagine haveing a heart that is only working 60%. I cant even emagine what that would be like.

But Rick Vigon was the greatest runner. And one off the greatest human beings on earth.

REst in Peace my Friend Quick Rick.

And this is the only picture off the club. And this picture will make the club famous.

And this picture and memory will keep it alive forever.

cuesmith

Verified Member
Ken_4fun said:
I was thinking about our little buddy Freddy the Beard and what he might think on this topic.

Listed in order:
1. Artie
2. Freddy
3. Anyone else from Chicago.
4. Efren - though he doesnt post, he learned the game in Chicago.
5. Obama - Again he doesnt post, but while born in Kenya, he lived in Chicago and therefore that makes him a great one pocket player. (Only problem is when he makes a ball he takes credit and if he misses he blames Bush)
6. Anyone that can spell Chicago.
7. Anyone that has visited Chicago.
8. Everyone else....

Ken :rolleyes:

I went to boot camp at the Great Lakes. Does that count? lol

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
cuesmith said:
I went to boot camp at the Great Lakes. Does that count? lol

You forgot Mayor Daily the Machine. Michale Jorden. Alcopone THe Chicago Bears the Monsters off the Midway. Riverviw park. and Jessy Jackson.

And Walter Payton. And Dick Butkies. ANd even Harry Carry. River View Park.

And Chicago even had its own Gray Lords. THey want to start a museum. In las Vegas about Toney Spalatro.

And that showes you what las vegas is. HE wasant even a boss or a top man. And its like makeing a pool museum starting with Bo BOllinsky.

People just do things that dont even make any sense. If they would say they will start a musum. With the people in FAmily secrets. at least then the would have some real people in it.

Not just one person who got brutely beat and beruid IN the corn fields. THats like makeing a pool hall off fame with one players.

Are these people for real. And the funny thing about it. People will go for this Idea. Because theynwill build it up. And make it something big.

BUt nothig in life surpries me.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Artie Bodendorfer said:
You forgot Mayor Daily the Machine. Michale Jorden. Alcopone THe Chicago Bears the Monsters off the Midway. Riverviw park. and Jessy Jackson.

And Walter Payton. And Dick Butkies. ANd even Harry Carry. River View Park.

And Chicago even had its own Gray Lords. THey want to start a museum. In las Vegas about Toney Spalatro.

And that showes you what las vegas is. HE wasant even a boss or a top man. And its like makeing a pool museum starting with Bo BOllinsky.

People just do things that dont even make any sense. If they would say they will start a musum. With the people in FAmily secrets. at least then the would have some real people in it.

Not just one person who got brutely beat and beruid IN the corn fields. THats like makeing a pool hall off fame with one players.

Are these people for real. And the funny thing about it. People will go for this Idea. Because theynwill build it up. And make it something big.

BUt nothig in life surpries me.

Speaking of Bo Belinsky, when him and Dean Chance would came to town, (Houston) They used to like to high roll, and after they'd go off, trying to play themselves, they would put me in action,in some really tough games...Fortunatly, I won more than I lost...So I was their hero...;)

They used to always get a suite of rooms, at the Rice Hotel, Houston's best...They got me an adjoining room one time, and invited me to a big party they were having. There must have been a 5 to 1 ratio, of young, hot females, over the guys, and the drugs and booze were flowing.

I was really not into coke or weed, but I weakened, and tried a few hits of grass, just to be sociable. Bo had told me that he would see to it that I had my pick of the litter..:)...I zeroed in on a real cute hardbody...But pretty soon, I became giggly and sleepy...I slipped into my room (alone) and laughed myself to sleep...I was not happy to wake up solo, and realized what I'd passed up, because no one liked the ladies, more than I did...Rarely did grass again after that fiasco.

Bo's main squeeze at the time, was Mamie Van Doren...I came over for coffee the next morning, and I could not believe how really (below) average she looked, in the cold light of day, without her make-up...She would have ranked well below a few girls yours truely fell asleep on...Stupid me...:rolleyes:

PS..I guess its kinda like some really addicted, experienced doper's, (like maybe a Bensinger's alumni)...who can't seem to remember anything from his wild and crazy druggy days !...:eek:

Note; Notice...no names have been used, to protect the innocent..:D

Last edited: