Whats the ruling here

backplaying

Verified Member
I'm playing a guy this morning, I need 1 ball and its hanging in my hole. He can't scratch behind it because of several balls above the head string. He double hits the cueball making my ball and says he fouls and spots two balls. Whats the right call here?

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I'm playing a guy this morning, I need 1 ball and its hanging in my hole. He can't scratch behind it because of several balls above the head string. He double hits the cueball making my ball and says he fouls and spots two balls. Whats the right call here?

You win!! flagrant foul

beatle

Verified Member
technically you win. but since he didnt know that rule and it isnt a tournament you probably lose a customer and maybe not get paid. so i would set the shot back up and make him shoot it correctly.
that seems to be the best solution if it can be done in most cases of an argument like that.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This one is definitely handled in our Official Rules -- just scroll down to 6.2:
http://www.onepocket.org/one_pocket_pool_rules.htm

6.2 Any scratch or foul results in the end of the shooter’s inning, as well as a standard one ball penalty. All balls pocketed in the shooter’s pocket as a result of a stroke that includes a foul do not count for the shooting player and are to be immediately spotted, along with the standard one ball penalty. Also, any balls pocketed in the opponent’s pocket on a stroke that ends in either a pocket scratch or with the cue ball off the table are not to be counted for the opponent, and are to be immediately spotted. However, on a stroke when any other foul is committed (such as a push shot, double-hit or illegal ball contact), any balls scored into the opponent’s pocket are to stay down and be counted for the opponent.

Clear as a bell, the ball still counts for you -- game over. Except like Beatle said, if they are a "good customer" you could let it slide so as to keep the customer.

daylate$short

Verified Member
From
Aberdeen, SD
This one is definitely handled in our Official Rules -- just scroll down to 6.2:

Clear as a bell, the ball still counts for you -- game over. Except like Beatle said, if they are a "good customer" you could let it slide so as to keep the customer.

Thanks, Steve! I didn't know this variation of the rule. Who would have thought to actually read the rules?:eek:

Charlie

tylerdurden

Verified Member

LOL at myself. I seriously never knew that, and I am not a spring chicken. I recently put this quote up, but it is true....

"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life." -Mickey Mantle