Weenie beanie's wife passes

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
I could not be sadder than I am to say Norma Jean Staton left this earth today. Norma was our dear friend. She lived so graciously in her husbands limelight and many of you who knew her knew she was a lady cut of finer cloth than most. My wife, Judi, and I were fortunate enough to travel the world with Norma and Bill and to us she wasn't "Mrs. weenie Beanie" and there was no limelight. There were two people who's love and caring for each other was inspirational to Judi and me.
The times we spent around their children, Scott, Vicky and Gwen (Bill's Gwenie) and their families were unforgettable. They took us in as part of the Staton clan and our love for them will never die.
I know Norma is now with Bill.
God bless and keep them. Alfie Taylor

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Goodbye Norma Jean, Though I Never Knew You At All...

Goodbye Norma Jean, Though I Never Knew You At All...

I could not be sadder than I am to say Norma Jean Staton left this earth today. Norma was our dear friend. She lived so graciously in her husbands limelight and many of you who knew her knew she was a lady cut of finer cloth than most. My wife, Judi, and I were fortunate enough to travel the world with Norma and Bill and to us she wasn't "Mrs. weenie Beanie" and there was no limelight. There were two people who's love and caring for each other was inspirational to Judi and me.
The times we spent around their children, Scott, Vicky and Gwen (Bill's Gwenie) and their families were unforgettable. They took us in as part of the Staton clan and our love for them will never die.
Condolences on the loss of your friend Alfie. May she rest in peace.

Dennis

JAM

Verified Member
I am so sorry for yoru loss, Alfie. Gosh, we were just talking about Weenie Beenie and his family recently on this forum.

She is with him now. May she rest in peace.

SJDinPHX

Suspended

Sad times indeed Alfie..Please PM me Gwenie's email, (had it, but lost it)..Would like to send her condolences. thx... I'm sure Bill is waiting with open arms !

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Condolences on the loss of your friend Alfie. May she rest in peace.

Dennis

Don't know if Alfie (or anyone else) caught your lead-in, "Goodbye Norma Jean, Though I Never Knew You At All..." (from Elton John's 'Candle in the Wind')...It is my all time favorite song... It has to be the most beautiful tribute, to anyone, EVER put into words and music, and I'm sure you meant it in that vein.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Met Bill or better yet, saw em quite a bit as a college kid at Janscos in the late sixties till its demise, Norma may of been there but I was kid then. Saw Bill over the years and then first saw her, gosh can't remember, but Normas persona, jumped right out too me, she was ''family like'' in so many ways, she reminded me of my aunt Kay tho more beautiful. Sincere is what I got instantly from her presence, and Bill was very similar in nature they were very fortunate to find one another. She was about as stunningly good looking as a woman could ever get, and age didn't seem to matter. She aged like Billy, with youthfulness being more apparent as they got older. You were lucky alf.
To his family, I'm sorry for your loss.

The Statons only make me smile when I think about em....

This Norma Jeans candle stayed lit for a long time, thanks.

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I am very sorry to hear this. I never met Norma, but have spoken by phone. Gwynn has been reconnecting to the pool scene quite a bit these last few years I think partly to carry on that ethereal connection with her dad. My condolences to all family and friends.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

My condolences go out to you and. all that were close to Normal Jean, especially her family.

R.I.P. Normal Jean

Bill Incardona

Jimmy B

Verified Member

Sympathy and good wishes to all friends and family.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Norma Jean

Norma Jean

I met Bill plenty of times over the last50 years. A real action guy and a real class person. Always wanted to pick up a restaurant check. I'm sure his wife was a great person too.Sorry for your loss. FastEddieF.