US Open One Pocket -- OnePocket.org player sponsorship

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
Mark Griffin has again generously offered OnePocket.org an entry spot in the upcoming US Open One Pocket tournament. This is a great event that always draws a strong field of top players.

<table border="1" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="2" align="center" width="850"><tbody><tr height="5"><td class="style2" bgcolor="#eaeaea">
14th US Open One Pocket
</td> <td class="style2" bgcolor="#eaeaea">
Starts Wed. July 17th, 10 a.m.​
Finals July 20th​
Race to 4 / 3 (5 Finals)
$260
$40
$300
</td> <td class="style2" bgcolor="#eaeaea"> </td></tr></tbody></table>

This year it will be held at the Rio in Las Vegas, immediately followed by the US Open 10-ball and sandwiched between many other BCAPL amateur and pro events taking place that week.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
after seeing the way he played at dcc (losing on a 5 rail backcut bank to gentile and a full table rail cut to parica....) it would be nice to throw some love in lou figueroa's direction...i am sure he is giving it a go. i could be wrong, but i think of our guys, only 1PH went deeper.

speaking of the hacker, if we are sending anyone to tunica, i think he'd be a solid selection.

either way, i'll be a financial supporter of what the 1p.org community chooses....

:)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Another possibility...

Another possibility...

If we can pull Calired out of retirement, it would be great to see him in Vegas.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Put down Bernie Pettipiece, always respectful of the game, forum and his opponents, probably the best non pro player on here I feel who is also a working stiff.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Definitely some good choices here. Some, like Bernie have been sponsored by us before, but would like another shot at it -- to carve out a better winning streak this time :D:D I believe so far we have tried to sponsor someone new each event. It probably is not the best to have someone new every time forever, but on the other hand, forever doesn't have to start quite yet...

The main thing is to pick a player that will represent us well and hopefully will bring back something from their experience to share with us one way or another afterwords.

For Derby City I posted a list of candidates who had confirmed that they would indeed go if selected and would appreciate being our representative for this event. Then we voted by Private Message to me, with every member of the forum eligible to vote. One extra feature in the voting was that if you contributed to the player sponsorship, I gave extra weight to those votes -- it's only fair since they are footing the cost. I thought it worked well.

I can also do a drawing among those that contribute to the sponsor fund if there is an interest in that. I can contribute some OnePocket HOF memorabilia or pool photos, and there are often great contributions from other forum members like the Beard, Lenny & many others.

One more thing, I would like to go myself and it would help if some of my travel or room costs could come via a share of the sponsorship in a split with the player sponsor if that is okay with contributors.

Any other suggestions or comments? In a few days I can start an official thread, but I wanted to get some general feedback first.

Thanks!!

bstroud

Verified Member
I'm going to play in the one pocket, 10 ball, some bar events as well.

Bill S.