US Open One Pocket at Griffs?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
CONGRATS TO JUSTIN HALL! He was due, that's for sure! He's probably the favorite to win the banks as well!
I agree. Hall was due, for sure. He can beat anyone-- just has to behave himself when he's not playing.
Yeah, he won the big Diamond bank pool tournament up in Tunica several years back. So he's definitely
a favorite here. It's a stronger field for the banks than it was for the 1P. Should be a barn burner...:cool:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I agree. Hall was due, for sure. He can beat anyone-- just has to behave himself when he's not playing.
Yeah, he won the big Diamond bank pool tournament up in Tunica several years back. So he's definitely
a favorite here. It's a stronger field for the banks than it was for the 1P. Should be a barn burner...:cool:

I think you are right Doc. Orcollo made it to the finals and his game is not quite at its best anymore. I heard he has been going off like a rocket betting sports, and that could have something to do with it.

Gum9Ball

From
Tucson, AZ.
I don't know about a TD, Doc.. I just tuned in and heard the commentator make those remarks, and heard him say he didn't play op, and so I turned off sound to listen to music while I watched Wiseman play. And then you got guys like Corey, Shane, Gomez, Filler, Skyler, Thorpe etc etc over playing at that world whatever. That's why I said that..
They did have a TD for the US Open 1P at Griff’s and a very fine one at that. Jack Murray did a fine job and ran one of the smoothest 1P tournaments, 41 players race to 4 winners and 3 one loss brackets. The whole thing was over by midnight Sunday. Players seemed Okay with the first round being played Friday night, made for a great weekend of a fine tournament. Thank you to those who put up with my seemingly poor commentating, maybe if your speakers would have been on the whole time you might have heard me give a shout out to the members of OnePocket.org.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
They did have a TD for the US Open 1P at Griff’s and a very fine one at that. Jack Murray did a fine job and ran one of the smoothest 1P tournaments, 41 players race to 4 winners and 3 one loss brackets. The whole thing was over by midnight Sunday. Players seemed Okay with the first round being played Friday night, made for a great weekend of a fine tournament. Thank you to those who put up with my seemingly poor commentating, maybe if your speakers would have been on the whole time you might have heard me give a shout out to the members of OnePocket.org.

And maybe if you looked at the posts in this thread you would have seen that Dustin already told us about the TD with accompanying large pics of the guy. I listened to you enough. I can tell you play one pocket. You play a lot. You were just in there trying to werk. Trying to trap some of us. Ima run some players in on you.. They gonna school yo little monkey ass sumpin fierce. What do have to say about that?

Gum9Ball

From
Tucson, AZ.
And maybe if you looked at the posts in this thread you would have seen that Dustin already told us about the TD with accompanying large pics of the guy. I listened to you enough. I can tell you play one pocket. You play a lot. You were just in there trying to werk. Trying to trap some of us. Ima run some players in on you.. They gonna school yo little monkey ass sumpin fierce. What do have to say about that

Gum9Ball

From
Tucson, AZ.
Well Jimmy B. I live in Tucson and you can be the first player. I did not appreciate the negative comments after volunteering in the booth for 12-14 hrs on Sunday and then come on this site and get blasted by your “monkey ass”!

Last edited:

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
And maybe if you looked at the posts in this thread you would have seen that Dustin already told us about the TD with accompanying large pics of the guy. I listened to you enough. I can tell you play one pocket. You play a lot. You were just in there trying to werk. Trying to trap some of us. Ima run some players in on you.. They gonna school yo little monkey ass sumpin fierce. What do have to say about that?
Jimmy you are wrong here! George put in his own time and improved the quality of that broadcast greatly. If you didn't like it then you should just watch and enjoy your music but you shouldn't get nasty with him. Its this kind of crap that takes away from this site. Sappo/ Keith

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Jimmy you are wrong here! George put in his own time and improved the quality of that broadcast greatly. If you didn't like it then you should just watch and enjoy your music but you shouldn't get nasty with him. Its this kind of crap that takes away from this site. Sappo/ Keith

I'm wrong about what? I didn't say he was a terrible commentator. I never said he didn't improve the quality of that broadcast. I didn't say that I didn't like it. I only watched it a bit on the free fri nite stream on facebook for awhile and put on music. He's the one who said he didn't play much one pocket. I had just bought the New Orleans tournament stream and watched a tremendous amount of tournament matches and action matches and had enough pool for a while. He was also the one who came in here tonight and quoted me and popped off at me first.. ..It's your kind of crap that takes away from site imo

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
I'm wrong about what? I didn't say he was a terrible commentator. I never said he didn't improve the quality of that broadcast. I didn't say that I didn't like it. I only watched it a bit on the free fri nite stream on facebook for awhile and put on music. He's the one who said he didn't play much one pocket. I had just bought the New Orleans tournament stream and watched a tremendous amount of tournament matches and action matches and had enough pool for a while. He was also the one who came in here tonight and quoted me and popped off at me first.. ..It's your kind of crap that takes away from site imo
Whatever

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Well Jimmy B. I live in Tucson and you can be the first player. I did not appreciate the negative comments after volunteering in the booth for 12-14 hrs on Sunday and then come on this site and get blasted by your “monkey ass”!
George, I think there was a disconnect here. I believe Jimmy was talking about the Friday night match only where Ben was in there by himself, not commenting on your commentary which is always appreciated. Ben did say he didn't play one pocket multiple times.

Peace fellas. Again, thanks for jumping in the booth, George.

OldSchool

Verified Member
Unfortunate > I guess maybe Justin Hall partied too much last night, because he forfeited his 1st round match in the Bank pool tournament this morning. And too bad since I believe he was the favorite, or at least co/favorite to win it.

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Unfortunate > I guess maybe Justin Hall partied too much last night, because he forfeited his 1st round match in the Bank pool tournament this morning. And too bad since I believe he was the favorite, or at least co/favorite to win it.
dammit that guy

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Hi George. Just wanted to say hello, we played once at BullShooters several years ago. Too bad you live in Tucson, I get to Phoenix once or twice a year.

Gum9Ball

From
Tucson, AZ.
George, I think there was a disconnect here. I believe Jimmy was talking about the Friday night match only where Ben was in there by himself, not commenting on your commentary which is always appreciated. Ben did say he didn't play one pocket multiple times.

Peace fellas. Again, thanks for jumping in the booth, George

Gum9Ball

From
Tucson, AZ.
12Squared, thanks for the peace keeping comments. I really have no problem with someone criticizing my commentary it has happened many times before on YouTube and other sites. I realize I’m not everyone’s cup of tea and where the negative comments were directed. There were other negative comments throughout the thread and I guess I was a bit on the sensitive side when it looked like they included the TD who I thought did a fabulous job running that tournament in the allotted time. BUT for Jimmy to fire back with “your little monkey ass” and then offering to ”send players”......well, that just fired me up a bit. A man steps up to take care of his business, not hire it out. It was a great weekend where I was a little disappointed in a couple of my matches, the long drive from Vegas and then reading Some of the comments. Guess you can say I was frustrated. I apologize if I offended anyone but I still don’t care to be called “a little monkey ass”.