Update on "Encyclopedia"

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Gee whiz, Lou, is there any possible way you could talk down to someone any further than you make it such a habit to do? I think that the "proper" depth that you routinely speak to, is somewhere close to the earth's core.

And don't flatter yourself, you pose zero threat to my success with my book.
My only objection still, is you, in your arrogant, supercilious style, injected an unasked for comment that I myself would only have made to a serious enemy. But that is just me.

Beard

...and just because you couch your condescending comments in the guise of "concerned investigative reporting," don't kid yourself that everybody falls for that "bogus" sh*t.

Just a few random thoughts and then I'm walking away from this because I can see where it's going.

First off, if it appears to you that I'm talking down to you that would because you long ago started to believe too much of your own PR and that you only deign to speak to us now from some lofty perch. When another person does not entertain that fantasy, they are "talking down" to you or a "claim jumper" or something else.

Second, I don't flatter myself -- I was only alluding to you repeatedly crowing about how you were selling more books with my continued discussion of King, the obvious implication being that my purpose would be contrary to that end.

Lastly, you say my comments were "unasked for." I would just like to point out that this is a discussion forum and the moment you put up a thread or post you are automatically "asking" for, if not inviting, comment from one and all. Whether you like it or not, that's the way it works.

Lou Figueroa

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Dr. Bill, there is a legit way and there is the bogus way. Maybe a better analogy is how in some rooms they let you crawl up onto the table to reach a shot, though most of us know better :)

Lou Figueroa
Maybe we're speaking from the room that lets you ...crawl up on the table. Personally, i'll allow anyone to crawl up on the table if it didn't affect me personally, no malicious intent there. But now if he steals a ball from me then i'm pulling him up... But that's just me.

Dr. Bill

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Just a few random thoughts and then I'm walking away from this because I can see where it's going.

First off, if it appears to you that I'm talking down to you that would because you long ago started to believe too much of your own PR and that you only deign to speak to us now from some lofty perch. When another person does not entertain that fantasy, they are "talking down" to you or a "claim jumper" or something else. (Everybody that knows me, and many do, know that to be utter nonsense. Let's try to be real, you are starting to sound like the Claim Jumper. Those are his ravings. If that were remotely true, I wouldn't have as many friends as I do, and it is no secret that I have many.)

Second, I don't flatter myself (I would find that very hard to believe) -- I was only alluding to you repeatedly crowing about how you were selling more books with my continued discussion of King, the obvious implication being that my purpose would be contrary to that end. So, was I wrong? Did you think calling my offer "totally bogus" was any sort of incentive to sales."

Lastly, you say my comments were "unasked for." I would just like to point out that this is a discussion forum and the moment you put up a thread or post you are automatically "asking" for, if not inviting, comment from one and all. Whether you like it or not, that's the way it works.

Lou Figueroa

Let's just cut that sanctimonious bull sh*t. You started all of this when you outright accused some of the most skeptical, and most rounded, of all the hustlers, Ronnie Allen, Brooklyn Jimmy, Pancho, me, Jay Helfert, Grady Mathews, and several others, of being duped by a "bogus" wonder dog. Do you have any idea what the price would be on fooling the above lineup with any scam?

When you inserted the "Clever Lou" argument,--oops, I meant "Clever Hans," you weren't offering that as an alternate, possible explanation to what had gone down. Instead, you had the temerity to make an absolute declaration that only you had the "real" answers, and the rest of us had been tricked,and must have been fools to go for it.

Now, when I started giving you a little needle, when so many orders started coming in, you took the heat and came back with that "totally bogus" overkill post. Those needles I gave were only a light dose of reaction to the cold water, and outright insults you heaped on a thread that everyone else was enjoying. I shoulda just called you a jerk for doing that, but out of respect for the previous civil relationship we had had, I cooled off and let most of it go -- totally unlike your "totally bogus" comment and reaction to the relatively harmless needles I gave out.

Beard

Last edited: