Update on "Encyclopedia"

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Lou; I don't think I'd debate Freddy on the subject of "comic book" characters, He's had a HUGE collection for 60 yrs. or so! JMHO.

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Ok, little oval white spaces.

Beard

I have so far, sold 8 books on AZ off of your, "King was only faking it," comments. Damn, I wish all my argumentative threads with the Claim Jumper would reap those kinds of benefits. Thanks, Pal.:lol

8 x $50 = $400...

Lou Figueroa
I await the jelly :)

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
8 x $50 = $400...

Lou Figueroa
I await the jelly :)

Actually, the count now stands at 12 orders. Whoops, made a mistake, it is now 15. 'My bad. Thanks pal.

Beard

I might start another thread where I say I ran 8 and out 4 games in a row on Cisero Murphy at Johnston City. If you would be so kind as to cast aspersions, ala the Claim Jumper, I would dearly appreciate it. (I must first warn you, two newspapers down there carried the story; so far only the Claim Jumper has had enough mule in his head to go up against that.)

DWS

Verified Member
From
Chicago
Where to order?

Where to order?

Freddy....where do you order?.....I looked on your site and didn't see anything. Can't say no one from Chicago gets your stuff.....I do.....Don't understand why so many are anti Chicago......I think the true reason is that they are afraid they might end up as Trunk Music.....I know you know what that is coming from the neighborhood you live in...... Anyways....shoot me a link to order the book

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Freddy....where do you order?.....I looked on your site and didn't see anything. Can't say no one from Chicago gets your stuff.....I do.....Don't understand why so many are anti Chicago......I think the true reason is that they are afraid they might end up as Trunk Music.....I know you know what that is coming from the neighborhood you live in...... Anyways....shoot me a link to order the book

I havent put the book up on my site yet. I havent as yet established an exact publishing date or an exact cover price. What I have been doing is taking pre-publication orders from the people on AZ and Onepocket.org billiard forums in the form of a special offer. I am releasing the first 100 books at a prepub price of $50, including shipping. The books will be assigned numbers in the order that i receive the money thru my PayPal acct (or a personal check), which is bankingwiththebeard@comcast.net .

That anti-Chicago sentiment: much of it comes from all those people who came up here and got broke, and then needed to blame their loss on anything other than getting their nuts shot off.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Actually, the count now stands at 12 orders. Whoops, made a mistake, it is now 15. 'My bad. Thanks pal.

Beard

I might start another thread where I say I ran 8 and out 4 games in a row on Cisero Murphy at Johnston City. If you would be so kind as to cast aspersions, ala the Claim Jumper, I would dearly appreciate it. (I must first warn you, two newspapers down there carried the story; so far only the Claim Jumper has had enough mule in his head to go up against that.)

I am presuming that my jelly roll is growing proportionately :)

Lou Figueroa

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Wonder if there is a picture anywhere of King with his cap and sunglasses on.

If you went into any action joint in LA or Orange County back in the day, he was liable to be there.

I weakened and posted King's pic on AZ, so I might as well post it here. (the only difference is that I sold 21 pre-orders on AZ since saturday.)

Beard

Attachments

• king the dog (600 x 587).jpg
    king the dog (600 x 587).jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Just hit #17 since saturday.

Beard

Lou, I already know that you are going to buy one under an assumed name.:lol

No.

I already told you I was looking forward to a copy.

And, I am going to come up to you and tell you the exact inscription I want -- it's something you've already said about me :). The numbered thing is totally bogus, since we're not talking about a run taken off the presses in order nor a limited edition run, so I don't care about that.

Lou Figueroa

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
No.

I already told you I was looking forward to a copy.

And, I am going to come up to you and tell you the exact inscription I want -- it's something you've already said about me :). The numbered thing is totally bogus, since we're not talking about a run taken off the presses in order nor a limited edition run, so I don't care about that.

Lou Figueroa

When I first read this, my hair stood on end when I got to the "totally bogus" part. I originally was going to fire back in my usual vehement style, but I cooled down and thought the better of it. So all I am going to say to that completely uncalled for, and hurtful comment, is I am going to assume you werent thinking and you were making some sort of a joke, therefore I would like you to completely retract that statement, and make an apology right here on the forum.

Beard

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
You mean...

You mean...

Freddy....just thought you should know this fact, in case you want to omit that Lassie line, so as not to have any perfectionist/fact checkers calling you out on your accuracy...

The actual dog portraying Lassie in every incarnation of the tv shows/movies was always a male Collie - never a female.

- Ghost

Lassie was really a laddie. Next you're going to tell us Zorro was a chick.
What is the world coming to?
Keep it gender specific. Alfie

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
An authors take on dogs...

An authors take on dogs...

When somebody told Will Rogers that dogs don't go to heaven, he said, "Then I wanna go where they go!"

Beard

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Unknown
Keep animals fed. Alfie

lfigueroa

Verified Member
When I first read this, my hair stood on end when I got to the "totally bogus" part. I originally was going to fire back in my usual vehement style, but I cooled down and thought the better of it. So all I am going to say to that completely uncalled for, and hurtful comment, is I am going to assume you werent thinking and you were making some sort of a joke, therefore I would like you to completely retract that statement, and make an apology right here on the forum.

Beard

As I understand collecting, books are numbered when they are of a limited edition. This is usually a run of 300 but can be as small 100 or as large as 1000. In any which case the reason books are numbered is that they are from a *limited print run* and somehow physically different than the rest of the published copies (like their binding ferinstance). The hardcover editions of the Blue Book of Cues might be a good example, as opposed to the soft cover editions. (In the old days it had to do with the prints being better earlier in the run, so it was better to have an earlier number.) So the point is that if you are just going to grab a box of books from the entire run, numbering inscribed copies is bogus. If, on the other hand, you are having 100 copies printed on a special run and inscribing and numbering those, I stand ready to retract my statement.

Lou Figueroa

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
As I understand collecting, books are numbered when they are of a limited edition. This is usually a run of 300 but can be as small 100 or as large as 1000. In any which case the reason books are numbered is that they are from a *limited print run* and somehow physically different than the rest of the published copies (like their binding ferinstance). The hardcover editions of the Blue Book of Cues might be a good example, as opposed to the soft cover editions. (In the old days it had to do with the prints being better earlier in the run, so it was better to have an earlier number.) So the point is that if you are just going to grab a box of books from the entire run, numbering inscribed copies is bogus. If, on the other hand, you are having 100 copies printed on a special run and inscribing and numbering those, I stand ready to retract my statement.

Lou Figueroa

I believe what we have here is failure to communicate.

As near as I can tell, Fred is simply giving a running total of orders, albiet possibly just of orders that he attributes to his recent "discussions" with you. He apparently took your statement of the numbers being "bogus" as impuning his honesty in that regard.:eek:

Sometimes it gets confusing around here just who's feelers are hurt and exactly why. :)

lfigueroa

Verified Member
I believe what we have here is failure to communicate.

As near as I can tell, Fred is simply giving a running total of orders, albiet possibly just of orders that he attributes to his recent "discussions" with you. He apparently took your statement of the numbers being "bogus" as impuning his honesty in that regard.:eek:

Sometimes it gets confusing around here just who's feelers are hurt and exactly why. :)

#####
I am starting a promo to do a special pre-publication event for my upcoming book, The Encyclopedia of Pool Hustlers. *The first prepaid orders to come in will get numbered copies from 1 to 100* and autographed of course. The publishing date is from one to two months away, more likely two. The order I collect the money will determine the number from 1 to 100. Someone from Onepocket.org has already locked up #1. Up to this point I haven't asked for anything from anyone yet so there is no # 2 at the moment. The tentative price is going to probably be $49.95. That is not locked in because the book is going to cost pretty good to publish hard cover, large size, 350-400 glossy pages, etc. But to raise some interest and some money the special pre-pub price is going to be $49.95 including shipping. As the payments come in I will assign the numbers in that order.

All orders will receive a bonus DVD, the OnePocket Hall of Fame Dinner for 2011 or the BCA Hall of Fame Dinner for 2011. Your choice.

Payments can be made to my PayPal acct under my email address, bankingwiththebeard@comcast.net or my home address is
Fred Bentivegna
445 W 27th St
Chicago, IL 60616

Thanks and Merry Christmas

the Beard

There is a duplicate of this offer in AZ forums

Lou Figueroa