Unpaid Bill

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Beautiful day today, 82 degrees and dry and breezy, a great time of year – even an election year. One day last week I saw that it was 12 degrees at Mt. Washington in New Hampshire. Does anyone here know where Steve goes in the winter? Lots of lovely, bright-colored flyers in my mail box, sent by the people who are hoping for something on election day. One caught my eye today, as it noted that we are losing our tax dollars to Mississippi and Arkansas. I’ve been wondering where our money was going. It was from the folks hoping the sports-wagering bill will finally pass.

A lady called me on the phone this morning and asked me to send in some money to help get President Trump re-elected. That was quite an eye-opener – I thought ol’ Donald had his own money – so I mailed ‘em a check for a hundred grand, just so I could feel that I was involved. Sure I did.

I saw a flashy Lamborghini one day last week and a big, shiny Maserati the very next day. Both were at WalMart – I’m not sure if that proves anything. Probably not. Being a fan of true crime reporting, I followed a story about a school bus that was stolen and taken for a ride Sunday morning. The chase, probably at about the same speed as OJ’s Bronco parade, went on for some 13 miles, ending after the bus hit three other vehicles and finally a tree in somebody’s yard.

I saw a picture of the hijacker in handcuffs with seven police officers standing by in case he made a break for it. He was eleven years old and stood maybe four feet and a few inches tall. Too small to sit and drive, he stood the whole time and occasionally stuck his little arm out the window and flipped off his pursuers. A good time was had by all. Then, nobody wanted to claim the school bus, no mystery there. They finally decided it was privately-owned, by a guy who was already dead. Six feet under and still holding the bag. And of course, someone recorded it all on a cell phone. That’s why I like true crime - true criminals are so interesting and often pretty funny.

Here’s another true crime – more bizarre and not nearly as funny – but it’s news. Up on the North Shore someone noted that the lights were on in the church and looked in to see what was happening. Well, it was a priest, half-undressed, and a pair of exotic ladies in corsets and high heels, having a threesome on the altar with lights and cameras on tripods to record it all. So the witness recorded it, also, on a cell phone (what else?) and ratted ‘em out to the police, who came around and arrested all three. There seems to be some confusion as to which laws were broken, but I believe they all made bail and got out.

Not such a big deal to the ladies, who seemed to be in that business, more or less. Not so with the priest and his employers, who were more upset than somewhat. I don’t know what will become of the priest, but they dealt harshly with the altar. First it was purified to make it suitable for future use and later it was taken out and burned, to be replaced by a new one. A local media rep reported ‘how it went down’ and I am going to leave it right there. There’s a lot I don’t understand about religion. People, too.

For one-pocket viewing, I believe you would enjoy seeing the match between Chris Melling and Billy Thorpe, from the 2019 Derby City Classic. It’s on YouTube. Have I mentioned it before? See how Chris came from 7-1 down to win the fourth game, scratching twice along the way, and the hill/hill game was lost when an outrageous combination wasn’t hit quite hard enough and stopped short in front of the pocket. I like to watch both these guys.

Indian summer the rest of the week. LSU – Florida, scheduled for Saturday, has been postponed until December 12. Bunch of Gators tested positive for Corona Virus this week. Seems like this thing might dog us forever. At least the Tigers will get an extra week to re-invent a defense which has stunk up three ballparks in the SEC already this year. Want a chuckle? Look in on SEC Shorts on YouTube. Little guy doesn’t pull any punches, holding everyone responsible for their foibles. He dresses up in the appropriate jerseys and works hard at it. Almost slapstick.

Got a foible or two of my own. Wash up and wear your mask and I’ll see you later.

P.S. Nick Saban at Alabama has the virus also.

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Wednesday again – the weather is beautiful and the price of gas hasn’t moved enough to notice in maybe six months – still about $1.75. The quarantine remains and Louisiana continues to find several hundred new virus cases and several more deaths every day. I don’t even know what the latest totals are. There’s not much to indicate that this thing is getting better, but what do I know?

I will be the very last member to get lonesome – I live alone anyway – but I can imagine how bad it might be for other people. The folks keeping score have noted that domestic violence is up, as are murders and other violent crimes, and some are concerned about the kids becoming obese from the lack of exercise. Thinking of all the workers laid off from their jobs, and the failure of the employers who used to hire them, and landlords who can’t collect the rent and the lenders who aren’t being paid back. This is an epic illness for the country.

YouTube is still my companion, more than any other, with local news running second. In this state, a lawsuit that has gone on for ten years has finally been decided, and it is of interest because it was racial in character. A football coach was awarded a four-year contract at a state university. At the end of three years his record was 6-27 and they decided to run him off and paid him for the remaining year. He claimed racial discrimination and filed suit. After all the court action his suit was finally declared a loser. I believe he is a preacher now – I don’t know what his record is around the church.

A fraternity on the LSU campus has been barred for an indefinite period, over the practice of hazing the new pledges. A couple of years ago there was a death and this time a young man would up in the hospital. That needed to be done – long time coming. There’s a new law, named after the pledge who died from being required to drink 190 proof whiskey. There are brutal things done around the frats in the fall.

I watched a video about the execution of Private Eddie Slovik, the only American soldier executed for desertion in WWII. Strange case – Private Slovik was never in action! Sent to France with his outfit, he decided he didn’t want to go to war and outlined his objection in a letter to the army. Not knowing what to do with the letter, he turned it over to a cook at the chow hall who gave it to his CO, and it was all downhill from there. It was a problem for the Army, and they offered to let Eddie tear up the letter, but he refused and eventually went before a firing squad. A very sad story, developed by the House of History. Lots of good stuff from them, if you are into history.

I saw a commercial for a new gadget to get us into shape. The Power Fit Elite is a small platform that rests on the floor. Stand on it and turn it on and it vibrates, toning all your muscles and jiggling away your fat. Shades of the old Stauffer Table and Relaxicisor.

The second and final debate between the President and Joe Biden is scheduled for Thursday nite. Might be pretty exciting. We know what Donald Trump will want to talk about, but no clue about Biden’s response. I think he will stonewall and refuse to talk about his son at all. We will see. In two weeks it will be over – maybe. The year 2020 will make its mark in history in several different ways, most of them bad, including the current political campaign.

I’m excited to see the new Aramith Black balls. The striped balls will have the white area replaced by solid black. I have seen the picture, and I think they will appear at the next Derby City Classic, and with the old classic colors back on the table – that’s good news. By the way, recently I heard a commentator struggling with the colors, pointing out that the 12 ball seemed to be the same color as the 4 ball. Duhh, pal, it’s always been that way. The color sequence repeats – just add eight. Who doesn’t know that?

Kind of a disjointed post for the journal tonite – been that kind of week. Check my note in the Classified Section, there are pool books for sale, including a brand-new S,M&S. Take good care, especially if any of you are over fifty. Wear the mask. See you later.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
It’s a great afternoon to be inside, and I am. Outside my big window the sky is a dark slate-gray, the wind is beginning to blow and it’s been raining for hours now. If you haven’t had hurricane rain, I think it’s unique. Imagine when your rotary lawn sprinkler is in action, and periodically it is rattling on the glass and then suddenly it’s gone. That’s how it rains in hurricanes. A record year for such as that. So far, they have all gone either east or west of the Red Stick, and this one will go ashore in Grand Isle, where they are under their seventh evacuation order this year. Gotta get out before the water covers the road. Most of my descendants live in Lafourche Parish. That’s pretty close, but they are all veterans of this kind of weather.

It’s not only the weather that’s bad in this town today. We are having a record year for killings, also, with a couple more months to go. Two shot dead over the weekend and two last week and one before lunch today – not counting two dead in a car crash running from the deputies – and two others killed with a machete! That’s a fearsome thing to swing, folks. I guess there are towns losing more citizens than we are, but per-capita we might be at the top.

Slim pickings on YouTube this week. I noted a football game played in the snow in Denver and I watched an 8-ball match from the AccuStats Invitational tournament in 2001. Efren Reyes and Roger Griffis, neither at their very best – Bata scratched on one of his break shots and jumped the table on another one – but Griffis is a solid player who has not been a regular on the tournament scene. I believe I saw him win an event at Buffalo’s old place on the River Road, maybe even farther back than this one.

The Daily Woo is a series I have seen before. A guy with a camera travels around shooting at sights not usually featured. I don’t know whether he has a job, or has money, or if there is some other excuse for his leisure. This time I caught him in Louisiana, one of his subjects in a nine-day trip thru nine southern states, taking pictures of small towns no longer on major highways. I suppose it’s nostalgia or slice-of-life or some quirk in his head that moves him to photograph deserted streets and boarded-up store fronts and abandoned vehicles. We seldom get to see that the town is still alive in any way, tho it can’t be as bad as he makes it look. I saw Ferriday, from whence Jerry Lee Lewis sprouted. (Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On) Just down the road I saw Gilbert, home of Gen. Claire Chennault, whose Flying Tigers fought the Japanese Air Force in China, even before WWII began for our country. Old guys can be interested in such recollections.

Hot in the news as we stumble toward election day is the shameful tactic of the top two social media platforms, as they sort and cull the traffic. The New York Post aired a series of stories of great national interest, but Twitter and FaceBook refused to offer links for the convenience of their subscribers, citing some concerns about possible harm or inadequate verification. Not the first time they have censored conservative material, but the most odious, by far. Will they alter the outcome of the election? Probably not – but they might, if they can. Who are the beneficiaries of their grubby maneuver? Joe Biden and the Democrats. Who are the injured parties? Donald Trump and the Republicans and all the Americans who have missed seeing something important. Something very important. Ptui!

I didn’t include that as political commentary and it’s not directed at any politicians or party. The dirtiest tricks you can imagine are SOP for either party in political campaigns, but that’s not where I’m aiming this brickbat. This is about disguising yourself a couple of weeks before Halloween and pretending to be something you’re not. I don’t suppose they have broken the law, unless maybe they get some sort of support or special consideration from our government. But they have pulled a sh_tty and it stinks.

The sun will shine tomorrow, or the day after, for sure. Wash your hands and wear your mask and I’ll see you later.

8:00 PM Gusts of more than 150 mph, 50-foot waves recorded at an offshore oil platform. More than expected.

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Another beautiful day in Baton Rouge, except for the election. Gasoline is going for $1.53 per gallon and my electric bill for the past thirty-five days is just $39.48. There is another named storm down south of here, a rainy day on Monday, a raging hurricane on Tuesday and back to just a rain storm again today. Tomorrow is anybody’s guess, but the weather people are saying probably southern Florida. Strange year in so many, many ways and not over yet.

Officially, the election isn’t over, with lots of votes still to be counted, but it’s a bleak outlook for my guy, the President. Being the incumbent is a great advantage in a political campaign, especially when the opposition is without a major-league candidate, but Trump let it get away from him, anyway, unwilling to do what he needed to do. As it turned out, the campaign this time was largely away from policy and issues – more that way than usual.

Trump suffered from his response to the Covid19 pandemic – it was late getting started and then not very effective, although without much to compare it to. The challenger beat him over the head with it at every turn, and the President – apparently unaware that contrition is a very marketable commodity – refused to own up. The disease kept coming back after he pronounced that he had taken care of it, and it didn’t set well with the people. It’s one of the things for which he will be remembered, and noted by history.

Joe Biden, on the other hand, had an albatross of his own – his black-sheep son. Hunter Biden is a drug addict and a wheeler-dealer on the other side of the world, trading on his father’s influence and including him in some pretty shady deals, as evidenced by the emails on a laptop that he left in a shop for service and never came back to get. The Republican campaign tried to hold his feet to the fire with accusations of wrong-doing, but Joe had a better game plan than Trump’s. He didn’t deny the charges – he just refused to talk about them. He pretty much stayed off the street in the late days and it appears he will get the win.

Any record of the ugly 2020 campaign must make mention of the actions of social media giants Twitter and FaceBook, both of which struck the links to the laptop matter, preventing access to incriminating information through their platforms. The record must show that they took a very active part in support of the Democratic ticket, forfeiting any claim to objective service to their members. And it’s unlikely they will be held accountable for what they did, assuming Biden wins the election.

I’m tired of it and I will be glad to see the end of it, whenever that might be. I hate the way it turned out – California and the big cities always elect our presidents. Donald Trump should quit whining and go out and make some money, so Ivana can trade in her Toyota. Me, I will spend a few days enjoying some laughs. I’m a big fan of the British comedy shows – my favorite is ‘Are You Being Served?’ It has the very best cast of funny characters and is the only sitcom of any kind that is hilarious every time. No other show can do that. Also, I like ‘The Two Ronnies’ a pair of off-center comics who will do just about anything to entertain me. Both shows are long gone, but living on YouTube. I hope they outlive me. The local poolroom is open again, and I stopped in one day last week – even played a couple of games with the only other guy in the joint. But I’m not ready to start going back yet. Still pretty cautious – no, I guess I’m scared.

A lot of members here will be eating some crow for a while. It’s bitter to swallow, but not too bad if it’s fixed right. Wear your mask and be safe. See you later.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Quarter to eight on Wednesday evening in Baton Rouge. The gasoline and the weather are reasonable, as these things go. There are still three systems here and there in the ocean that somebody is keeping an eye on and one of them has become a hurricane today and is in the Gulf, but this one isn’t ours. Looks like it will take a funny route and hit Larry and my sister in Lakeland. That’s in Florida. But you can’t trust hurricanes.

Corona virus still rules the atmosphere. No less than four football games, so far, have been cancelled in the SEC this week, all for reasons related to the disease. League rules require a team to have at least 53 scholarship players on the field, including a quarterback, three defensive linemen and four offensive linemen. If you want to play in this circuit, you’d better comply, pal. And if you can’t field a team, I guess you can go to class or something. Like in the Ivy League, or . . . well, never mind.

We get almost daily reports on Covid19, and we are told that Louisiana is performing well, compared to other states in this area. Come on, man! One day this week we had 1031 new cases reported and 32 new deaths. Joe Biden assures us that he knows what to do about it, if we can hang on until he gets here. Maybe he does. Maybe there really is a vaccine coming. Some of the young men locally are getting tired of waiting and are busting a few caps but they generally don’t shoot straight. Often, but not straight. All the accidental casualties, we are told, were just before getting their stuff together and going back to school. Where ya been, Dad? Twenty years AWOL – shame on you – what the hell did you think was going to happen?

Tomorrow morning at 8:45 I will report to an OR for some surgery on an eye that hasn’t seen anything for many years and never will again. The guy says he can help with the glaucoma, which is at an intolerable level. Doc, I say, why do we keep fighting such a worthless eye? Bill, he says, we have to do what we can to keep it available, in case anything happens to the good eye. (I have one really good eye) If it ever gets to that, I point out to him, I won’t be able to read or write or drive or see my monitor. That’s true he admits, but you won’t be totally blind. Where the hell does he draw the line, you know? That’s a lot blinder than I’m willing to get, and after about twenty years of struggling with it together – we’re really good friends – I can imagine giving him up one day.

One of the several new medications I have had to take on in the past week to get ready for this dinky little surgery is a truly rotten pill that I’m taking four times per day. It will make you feel pretty bad, said the doctor. That’s okay. No, he says, you better be prepared to feel really, really bad. As usual, he was right. Man, I feel lousy – short of breath and weak and my joints ache. I’ll take one more before I go to bed, hopefully the last one I will ever have to take. Acetazolamide. Ptui!

As I sat around moaning and groaning last night, I came across an excellent match on YouTube. It was an AccuStats video, featuring Darren Appleton and Josh Filler, and was taken from the 2019 International 9 Ball Open. Filler entertained us with numerous money matches from Roy’s Basement that year, but is still in Europe, where he’s been for most of 2020. Appleton’s name was familiar – he’s British – but I don’t recall actually seeing him until a few days ago when he turned up in one of Larry’s WWYD problems, playing one-pocket.

Anyway, it was good watching. Filler shoots straight and plays fast and runs a table as quick as anyone in the business. In this race to eleven, at one point he won five games without leaving the table. Appleton played a great match, as well, coming from 7-3 behind to run Filler down to a hill-hill final game. He broke the last rack and made a ball, but had no shot and his safety was done badly and Filler ran out for the win.

Not all the YouTube matches are that good. I thought I had picked out a good one the other day, with Melling and vanBoening, but they disappointed me. It happens. But Filler and Appleton put on a show.

Be safe. Wear the mask. Look both ways. Snap the chin strap. See you later.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Not a good week for me – not worth a damn. I’m in one of those periods of being unable to sleep, and the debt gets pretty heavy after a few days. It began with a morning appointment, which means setting my alarm clock, and I have a sort of terminal insomnia when I’m waiting for the clock to go off. After that it builds on itself and becomes incapacitating and I’m suffering.

The virus pandemic continues to be at the top of the front page. It has us by the throat again, with about 3500 new cases in Louisiana in the past two days and an ugly number of deaths. The local poolroom, open for a brief time, is closed again, and maybe for quite a while. When the governor’s restrictions are eased, Covid19 surges again – a vicious circle. He can make people wear their masks to enter any kind of public building, but outside is another matter. Still lots of bare-faced citizens to be seen on any street.

Mardi Gras has been called off in New Orleans, for all practical purposes, and to appreciate such a move you would have to know New Orleans. That’s a serious move. Not much different here in Baton Rouge – one by one the krewes are cancelling the parades and Carnival balls. Not much of a party, limited to fifty people but some folks will think of something, believe me. Anyway, bad news.

We are hearing that the House of Billiards in Santa Monica may close, although it is not yet a done deal. That’s a serious move, also, the possible demise of a long-established and popular room. Helluva thing if we survive the quarantine, only to find the rooms could not endure and there’s no place to play. Up in West Virginia a few days ago, a tournament that looked very promising was called off with one day’s notice – for the safety of players and staff. More than a few players had fiddled their calendars and packed their bags when they got the news. I hope none of them actually made the trip – for nothing.

Will there be a Derby City Classic this year? Looks shaky right now, but no announcement yet. I suppose it will be a no-go, and a number of our members who are annual attendees are having second thoughts already. Likely another victim of the virus.

Here on the web site, we are without any currently-active WWYD features today. When the Ghost bowed out, Larry filled the gap very well, but he has other concerns on his plate right now and is taking a break. Nobody contributes more than he does, so we will wait for him. Maybe someone else will come through in the clutch. Until then, it’s pretty quiet, except for a little dust-up from a familiar source in recent days.

Fortunately, AccuStats has flooded YouTube with re-worked videos of matches featuring big-name players. Now and then, a link will be posted here. I can recommend a couple of big-table encounters, like Bustamante/Ko Pin-Yi from the 2016 DCC. Big league stuff with performances of more than .900, and another just as good, also on the ten-foot table, between Lee Van Corteza and Josh Filler in the 2020 event. No one-pocket, but worth watching. Incredible accuracy on nearly every shot on a mammoth playing field. I don’t really care for 9 ball or 10 ball, when I have a choice, but I watch wide-eyed.

Tomorrow I will get my last haircut from the barber I’ve been visiting for quite a few years. He and his brother are closing their shop and leaving the state to start something else. Coincidence? Maybe. How much longer will this deadly disease keep us up against the wall? Take a guess – you might be right. The over-and-under would be high and don’t risk anything you can’t afford to lose.

Bah, humbug! I told you I was having a bad week. See you later.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Lots of good pool viewing on YouTube at the moment, and much of it is in one-pocket action. Following the link provided by the Cincy Kid to the Danny Smith and Skyler Woodward match, we had a good WWYD exercise. Then, because it was a blue-ribbon contest, I had to follow it thru to the end, and it left me wondering how many players are tougher than Skyler. Not many. When the show was over, my monitor offered two one-pocket matchups from the 2020 Derby City Classic. AccuStats and YouTube, good watching.

One of the two pitted Billy Thorpe against Richie Richeson, and the youngster proved too strong for Richie, but it provided a now-and-yesterday comparison. I’ve got several DVDs with Richeson, who has been a hard place in the road for a lot of marquis names for quite a few years. He never seemed to win any titles, but he didn’t seem to mind. I always think of him coming out of the back room with his tee shirt untucked, looking like he might have been laying bricks, in time to claim his place on the schedule. They knew him well on the action tables. That was yesterday, I guess. Thorpe is today.

Woodward again, this time against Fedor Gorst in the 2019 World Pool Masters – this pairing looking like today and tomorrow – pair of strong youngsters. Skyler won that one, also, refusing to give Gorst any air. All the kids shoot like Dick Tracy, it’s not just Josh Filler. Then I went along to another such video, where I saw Eklent Kaci doing something brutal to Alex Pagulayan, who was much less impressive than usual. As I watched, a banner ad appeared across the bottom of the screen, announcing that all the coastal casinos in Mississippi are open for business. The ad said that masks would be required and social distancing would be the rule. Fat chance – in a casino. Your money wouldn’t be the worst thing you might lose.

Just across the line, on my side, we have discovered 4,300 new Covid cases in the last two days, and another sixty people have died. The governor has announced again that the clamps are on until some improvement can be proven, but there are still many who think he should back up and shut up. Thanksgiving tomorrow, and the clans will gather and dine and socialize, and Black Friday in the stores the next day. There will be buyers forming up in lines long before the sun is up – masks optional until you go into the store. My own family will feast handsomely down in Thibodaux, but I’m going to pass this year. They will have to understand – they said they would. We’re told that two weeks later the stats figure to get even worse, and with Christmas coming. It will be a hard winter across this country. These virus spikes seem to be predictable, but not preventable. People continue to infect one another. It’s worse than a war – in time of war you can get a job.

I will wear my mask, even though I generally forget and have to walk back to the car to get it. I wear it out of concern for you, in case I might be a carrier, and I expect you to wear yours for the same damn reason. If you don’t fear the Covid and don’t believe you should have to wear a mask, do me a favor and stay away from me. I am not afraid of dying, but please, not on a ventilator with my eyeballs sticking out as I try to get one more breath. And if I meet you on the street, bare-faced, don’t bother to grin at me, pal – I don’t want to see it.

Catkins reported that his favorite poolroom is selling off most of the tables. Here in Baton Rouge I can’t even guess about what’s in store for us. The local room has a bar, but doesn’t serve food, and will be the last to get any kind of green light. I wonder about the daytime warriors – the retired guys like me. In the face of the pandemic, whatever that is, maybe this seems like a minor concern, doesn’t it? On the other hand, maybe it’s not. Thank God and Greyhound and YouTube, you know?

Happy Thanksgiving. Count your blessings. See you later.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
A pretty narrow menu today, as I wind up this journal – at least for now. Here in Louisiana 3370 new Covid-19 cases were reported today, and 37 more deaths. I can’t post without commenting on the pandemic, it seems. People are perhaps a little more attentive to their masking now, but still spreading disease daily. Down in New Orleans the annual Swingers Convention in mid-November attracted only about 300 swingers this year and so far has produced 41 cases of the virus. The head swinger has noted that he never would have issued the call, had he only known. What’s to say about that?

On YouTube I called up the Josh Filler/Mika Immonen one-pocket match from the 2020 Derby City Classic. Should have been a good choice, but it wasn’t. Both should have played with their masks on. They carried on for two and a half hours before Filler was able to win it. In game two they played nearly twenty-five minutes after reaching a tie score at 6-6.

From the Make It Happen event in 2017 the match between Reyes and Bustamante was featured mostly by the subtitles in real time on the screen. Always good for a chuckle or two, at one time Bustamante appeared as ‘bust the money’.

I turned to a tournament contest among the ladies in China, to get a look at the lovely Pan Xiaoting. They really know how to produce an event there and it resembled a beauty pageant more than a pool tournament. Both players wore elaborate costumes, and big screens displayed multiple glamor poses of both. Then, just for the contrast, I watched part of a match between Jasmin Ouschan and Kelly Fisher.

As always, I am drawn back to the Efren Challenge matches from 2016, in which he gives up spots of 9-6 or 10-7 to any takers who desire to play him for $100 per race to three. I recommend the study of my hero, Bata, to all the members and lurkers here who would enjoy one-pocket at the local level and learn to out-move the rest of the regulars in your poolroom (if it ever opens again). Efren doesn’t choose the shots most of us find, and he gets great mileage from Jojo, the white ball. Take some time to see him play Fach Garcia, George Teyechea, John Lassek and especially Bobby Emmons.

This will be the final installment of my journal, for the time being at the very least. I’ve told all my stories, and they weren’t pool stories anyway. With the current pandemic there’s little to write about except disease and YouTube and local gun battles. Also, I have some issues of my own which may be straightened out shortly. I will continue to lurk here and to speak up now and then. Those readers who have followed my posts and indicated their approval are greatly appreciated. They have sustained my efforts.

Be safe, wear the masks, and I will see you later.