Tony vs Alex

TxOnePocket

Verified Member
From
Arlington,Texas -
It's over 36 - 29, Tony was giving Alex fits for the first part of the session. Alex's cueball seemed to be glued to the rail all 4 days, seemed like 9/8 was a pretty decent game.

Overall I think I prefer the 3 day format alot more, 4 days was a grind just to watch!

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
Tony sold out on many occasions. For instance, cutting a ball down the rail at a fairly severe angle while attempting to knock in Alex's hanging ball is suicide. Sure, it would have looked good had he succeeded. But that's not 'smart aggressive'. It wasn't a shot he could have won the game with. There were several situations similar to that where he demonstrated lack of patience, but Alex too had his share of those. I'm sure playing several hours a day for four straight days is mentally exhausting, not to mention Tony said he's had some health issues in recent days.

Both players are equal in terms of moving ability and banking. This leaves shot making and patterns. Alex is the more accurate shot maker and definitely the better ball/pattern runner.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Someone said earlier that you just can't bet on Tony and I have to agree. He just seems to not be tuned in all the time. It would be interesting if anyone kept some stats like the number of games Tony had a good lead and control of the table and just simply gave Alex an opportunity to run to run 7,8,9 balls and get out. I think it may a have been as many a a dozen or so times, not the Tony has to win those games, but even half of them would have made a great difference.

Alex is a tremendous player, better than Orcullo I think, but Tony helped him out a lot.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Tony posted on Facebook he was feeling bad the whole tournament and wants to play another at Buffalos if they can put it together. I thought he did not look right, and he pissed away too many games he should have won.

Maybe we T-Rex fans will get to go through the torture again.

unoperro

Verified Member
Tony posted on Facebook he was feeling bad the whole tournament and wants to play another at Buffalos if they can put it together. I thought he did not look right, and he pissed away too many games he should have won.

Maybe we T-Rex fans will get to go through the torture again.
Has to be hard to feel good when you realize you are in a bad game.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I guess it was too late to reschedule
Its a shame to not be at your best with so much money on the line

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Alex not wasting any time. Got another high dollar 10b match lined up in a couple weeks.
Not 1p but nice to see the Lion staying in action.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Tony cured me of betting on him many years ago
He was always looking for games and backers
I made a game with a guy that I played even for $500 a game
After watching him take winning positions and turning them into losers
I called a halt to the bleeding
We went outside and I told him we were done if he kept giving up the games
I understand he seys
We go back and double the bet and it was like I said take more chances