To the Chicago Members: Ike Runnels v. Richie Richeson 2022: Who you like?

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
I grew up in Chicago around Ike. He is 20+ years older than me though.I honestly think it would be a pretty close match up and I haven't seen Richie play in forever. I think it could be anyone's game if one of them catches a gear.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
From what I have seen (not much), but I think I like Ike.

Plus, I know that Ike looks them over a bit longer than Richie does, so it will be interesting to see if he can adapt to that play style.

Not a Chicagoan, sorry Joe! :)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
IMO Richie is a deceivingly good player. He shoots fast, but shoots the right shot most of the time. Remember, it wasn’t too long ago he was playing T-Rex with a ball. I think his good game gives Ike fits, but it doesn’t always show up, and Ike is a little more steady.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
I have watched a lot of Richie and he always gets in bad games because he overestimates his skills and underestimates his opponent's. It seems like Ike is a mover and realizes he should not shoot at the tough shots anymore. Richie still sells out by shooting at them, but in a controlled game, Richie still plays ok. Will Ike put him in enough bad spots to make him sell out? That's really the question.

I know Ike knows how to protect his position. But can he shoot good enough to get them when they are there?

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
I think Ike can stick Richie enough to make him take the shots he should not. When I was 17 or 18, I saw Ike wear out more shooters that made balls better by just moving and shooting one at a time until he was out. I still think it is a coin toss but would love to watch it while we are there.

OldSchool

Verified Member
It seems like Ike is a mover and realizes he should not shoot at the tough shots anymore.

Not quite. Ike is a mover and a long haul grinder, but also, because of over-estimating his abilities, he will often shoot aggressive shots that he shouldn't.

Last edited:

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I have watched a lot of Richie and he always gets in bad games because he overestimates his skills and underestimates his opponent's. It seems like Ike is a mover and realizes he should not shoot at the tough shots anymore. Richie still sells out by shooting at them, but in a controlled game, Richie still plays ok. Will Ike put him in enough bad spots to make him sell out? That's really the question.

I know Ike knows how to protect his position. But can he shoot good enough to get them when they are there?
I think he gets in more extremely tough games because he likes the game and the action more than some guys, they can sit there every day for 3 years and never play just to get the nuts once.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
few years back, me and straightback dan watched ritchie and gentile (maybe first year ray had his big action room) at dcc. the cue ball control both guys had was absurd. like a clinic. seems like common consnensus is that ike is a bunter/mover....dude is a bona fide hunnert ball runner..... as much as i like to hack on chicago and what not - they got fukn players.... ike is the real deal.

i think ike on his home court can meet RR anywhere he wants to go and i'm open for a cecil if you're feeling froggy....confirm here.

(john's gotta get a stream camera set up.....think ghost/henderson is the only match i've seen streamed from there.....)

--------

btw....ike been on here lately? sent him a PM regarding memphis is the fall and we'd like to have him.....(maybe he packs up bruce with him)

:cool:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I know one thing, Ike takes really good care of himself, so for his age he is damn healthy. From what I hear about Richie, there may be a contrast in style there.

That said, I've always thought Richie played a very solid and smart -- and dogged -- One Pocket game. I'm thinking I saw him frustrate John Schmidt one time on an action table at DCC. Based on a few years ago, I would pick Richie, as much as I like Ike. I have not seen him play lately however, and Ike is pretty consistent.