This Place Is Dead....

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
How's everyone doing? Hittn balls much?

Been busy with work (dammit) most of the summer....had to go do a couple chemical plant audits in chicago area....not really close to Red Shoes or Chris's and had to be up early most days - did't even try.

Basement coming along. Fukd up my side (doc said i strained an oblique muscle) carrying drywall down the basement steps - so i didn't do much with it for a couple weeks before i got to feeling a little better. Couple weeks back, frozen to the end rail, jacked up to pull whitey back, hurt it again. Played with Lou today - managed not to re-hurt myself..... Ha! (Gettin old sucks.) Got everything taped and first coat of mud on corners and seams, plan to be priming with the new sparayer next weekend.....

Dave, Chris, James, Steve, Vap, Hendy, Crabby.....keeping this place on life support.

This place is dead.....how's everyone else? Ben, Mitch, Matt, Nick, Robert, Dan, Jason, Bille, Dr. Bill, Rodney, Tall Jeff, Tom Tom, Beatle, Mike, Pilot, Warren, Rene, Clay, Nick, Rodney, Donn, Bruce, JR, Sappo, Wild Bill....etc....etc..... (Miss interacting with my bros on here.....)

Check in. Let Miller know you're still kickin....

;)

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I'm here, Miller - me and Jimmy B doing CQ at 11:05 Sunday evening. CQ - Charge of Quarters. Don't know what to do about the state of the site, at least not anything positive. I'll do something soon. Thanks for speaking up. :confused:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Hey Bille,
Getting older does have its problems… With our bodies though, it’s mostly self inflicted…
Hauling Sheetrock! Yeah, right! OK 10/15 years ago… Now…. Not so much…
Hope you’re feeling better soon…
Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the guys this week…

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Hey bro, sorry to hear about your back! Getting older is not fun lol...I am only 50 this year but I can see/feel where this thing is going...

Personally, I am in the process of switching divisions within my company and between learning the new and trying to keep up with the old during the transition has kept me pretty darn busy. Have a pool table 20 feet away from me now and still don't get to play but a few minutes here and there, ha! Things will settle down for me though I hope sooner rather than later. I look forward to putting some sort of dedicated pool time on my schedule too so that I can at least try to get back in stroke. Looking forward to the derby even though its 4 months away. Didn't get my light hung last night, maybe tonight!

PS - you brought tall jeff out of the woodworks, way to go!

Billy Jackets

Verified Member

Been busy with work (dammit) most of the summer....had to go do a couple chemical plant audits in chicago area....not really close to Red Shoes or Chris's and had to be up early most days - did't even try.

Basement coming along. Fukd up my side (doc said i strained an oblique muscle) carrying drywall down the basement steps - so i didn't do much with it for a couple weeks before i got to feeling a little better. Couple weeks back, frozen to the end rail, jacked up to pull whitey back, hurt it again. Played with Lou today - managed not to re-hurt myself..... Ha! (Gettin old sucks.) Got everything taped and first coat of mud on corners and seams, plan to be priming with the new sparayer next weekend.....

Dave, Chris, James, Steve, Vap, Hendy, Crabby.....keeping this place on life support.

This place is dead.....how's everyone else? Ben, Mitch, Matt, Nick, Robert, Dan, Jason, Bille, Dr. Bill, Rodney, Tall Jeff, Tom Tom, Beatle, Mike, Pilot, Warren, Rene, Clay, Nick, Rodney, Donn, Bruce, JR, Sappo, Wild Bill....etc....etc..... (Miss interacting with my bros on here.....)

;)
My wife gets angry with me every time she sees me with a tool in my hand. She says "we have the money, why don't you pay someone to do it"? My answer, "because I will end up tearing out what they did and doing it myself, people don't take pride in their work any more ", If they do , they think they are worth a minimum of 1000.00 a day. I'm not a cheap ass , I really wish I could find someone who was competent , and pay them the going rate, all I get is overachievers and slicks.

lfigueroa

Verified Member

;)

I occasionally take a peek at the site and have seem a couple of opportunities to post a bon mot but my sense of humor is not appreciated by the administration here and I end up in a Death Match, so I pass.

Frankly, it's been pretty slim pickings here lately with stream announcements making up the bulk of new posts. My personal opinion is that some or all of what's happening (or not) is self inflicted. But udder than than that, I try and hit enough balls to stay in stroke. Occasionally I get a bit of action, like last week when a guy I'd never seen walked up to me and asked if I liked to gamble. He dropped a lot of names of some of the higher speed players in STL but I said yes anyways. He then asked if I wanted to play some for five a game and I said no but I would play some for 50. Lou wins three straight in about 20 minutes.

Life goes on.

Lou Figueroa

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
Hey Miller!! We are all good around here. As most of you know we are moving the summer of 2024 so have been working around the house. Painted the outside, the inside, remodeled the kitchen so have been busy doing that. Like Billy Jackets, I like doing all the work just like you do Miller!!

Typically only playing a couple of times a month (not near enough to stay in stroke) but this week I got out Thurs, Fri, Sat and yesterday so now I need a break from playing everyday! Body isn't used to it anymore.

BrookelandBilly

Verified Member
From
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas

;)
Post COVID lethargy.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
It has been dead. I will try and liven things up with a few stories when they pass through this old brain. Maybe others can join in.

I went to Hard times, Sacramento yesterday and hit some balls. They have a small one pocket tournament every Sunday when something else is not going on, and I am going to give it a try. Next weekend is the 10k added with several champions coming and there will be quite a bit of action with a few stake horses there. I will be in the booth some during the tournament.

I have hit balls for a couple hours three times now, and the first thing I noticed was I can’t see the edge of the object ball when it is down table anymore. I think my eyes were one of the main reasons I played pretty good into my 80’s. I had the same Rx for my glasses for several years. I still have a decent stroke and I will have to change my stance around because I have two racks of metal in my back, and at 83, of course stamina is a problem. I am determined to get back as much as I can, if I can do it playing two/three times a week.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I don't do Facebook, so I don't really know, but I've been speculating to myself that a lot of activity might have shifted from here to there
There is 20 times the amount of pool related stuff being streamed online the last few years. I think the shear volume out there eclipses this site. Facebook accounts for 75 percent of that with YouTube providing the rest. Probably 30 of our regulars here follow Buffalo's funny pool room drama posts on Facebook.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Yes, my wife is 6-7 years younger than me and I was going to tough it out until she retired, but honestly I hit a wall this year. We've re-assessed the plan and now it's that I will work just enough to keep my one guy busy. Basically the jobs we take on will have to be what he can handle, with a little help from me, plus as always, I will take care of the managing, scheduling, subcontractors, materials.... the list goes on, but with only one full time worker, the managing side is pretty manageable lol. So it won't be complete retirement for me until my wife is ready, but I sure like the idea of coasting the rest of the way, being very selective about what work I take on.

Tack onto that two rounds of Covid almost exactly 6 weeks apart, which they say is not supposed to happen, be it did. from fairly mild to even milder, so I cannot really complain about that. Mostly it just makes me perpetually tired -- or maybe that is my age lol.

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Arkansas (near Memphis Tn)
There is 20 times the amount of pool related stuff being streamed online the last few years. I think the shear volume out there eclipses this site. Facebook accounts for 75 percent of that with YouTube providing the rest. Probably 30 of our regulars here follow Buffalo's funny pool room drama posts on Facebook.
Yeah if we could get Buff as a regular poster on here the Spirit would rise tremendously

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

;)
I shot my wad at the MOT and haven’t played well since. I’ve got a match scheduled today with Ann Arbor Derek at the Rack.

Hopefully you get some good playing in before Memphis.

Last edited: