Things have slowed to a crawl on the site

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
If any of y'all have been thinking about posting a WWYD for the first time (or the 50th time), now would be a good time to do it. Some of our key guys have drifted away, so we'll have to entertain ourselves. Most topics are prohibited now, so we need pool, pool, pool..😉

beatle

Verified Member
we need new blood. and no reason to post as you get all the good stuff without contributing anything.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Doc, back in the day when posters like The Beard, Sanjose Dick, The Ghost, Onepocket Hacker, and myself were posting, as we were going back and forth with one another there were quite a few members that were unhappy with the aggressiveness and the arguments that surrounded our critiques. For those who enjoyed the friendly exchanges were entertained and educated simply because they were getting food for thought from excellent players with a lot of humerus sarcasm and slightly under the belt jabs which IMO made the sight special. Again, IMO those were fun and educational times, if you disagree just ask Rodney....Just kidding.

Maybe someone can bring up a few of those threads and we can review them
JUST FOR SHITS AND GIGGLES

Dr Bill

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Doc, back in the day when posters like The Beard, Sanjose Dick, The Ghost, Onepocket Hacker, and myself were posting, as we were going back and forth with one another there were quite a few members that were unhappy with the aggressiveness and the arguments that surrounded our critiques. For those who enjoyed the friendly exchanges were entertained and educated simply because they were getting food for thought from excellent players with a lot of humerus sarcasm and slightly under the belt jabs which IMO made the sight special. Again, IMO those were fun and educational times, if you disagree just ask Rodney....Just kidding.

Dr Bill
You're right, Bill. With the Hacker gone, and the Ghost on extended sabbatical, and a few others gone, we don't get much back 'n forth on the site. I think the only guy who got way outta line was SJ Dick, God rest his soul; and one other guy who was finally banned. Most of the others just enjoyed the pool arguments, and were convinced that they were right...😄 The tricky part is to have lively discussions without resorting to name calling. But, men will be men.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Dr Bill
dr. bill
those days were great.
i learned so much from all of you guys that shared your insights and experience back then
even while you guys were busting each others balls from time to time
thank you very much.... (y)

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.

Dr Bill
I also enjoyed the discussions, I just didn't like hackers sense of humor.
I think he never got over me naming him the hacker, he was a lurker, I made some comment about his match will Dr. Bill @? dcc and called his shot selection that of a hacker. He immediately joined and gave me a lot of heat.
I think I gave as good as I got.
I also miss SJD, cowboy Dennis, Ghroast, Dr. Bill and others. I miss those days on this site. It's sort of Ho-Hum these days with hundreds of posts on threads about nothing.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
No truer words , , , and it's really not a trivial observation. We need life. I don't have any pool stories, but I will resurrect some stuff from the archives from time to time. If you have seen them before, I can't help it. Times are tough. Already this evening I have posted 'Claudine's' in the Cafe. Re-enjoy, or not.

I will post up another item, sort of a participation thing. Also in the Cafe, and before my bedtime. Hopefully, others might want to contribute.

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Howdy All;

I travel about the "googleverse" each morning and visit more then 1 forum. I'm sure
that that statement applies to several others here. Anyway. What I've noticed is a
slowing down of activity as folks, I think, are returning to what they remember as
"normal". They are moving about and doing 'stuff' that they haven't been able to,
either from their own restrictions or those imposed by a government either State,
Co. or Local. It's kinda cyclic, shouldn't last to long...

hank

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Ok. You bunch of lame asses. Time to liven the joint up again. What shit ass shot that one of you guys shot do you want to discuss first? 😁

Don't worry I know a few of the guys here have some real thin skin so i will make sure to use 16 ounce gloves.

BrookelandBilly

Verified Member
From
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
Head over to AZ Billiards for about 5 minutes. You’ll head back over here in no time. If they are not touting and beating up CTE aiming they are asking what color chalk do you use or fill in the blank “One pocket is so slow that _________ “. I got banned by the moderator for a year for questioning CTE and Stan, who when he demonstrates a shot using CTE can take up more time than the drive from San Antonio to Houston.. After a year I realized they were still at the same place in time as when I left.

evergruven

Verified Member
Head over to AZ Billiards for about 5 minutes. You’ll head back over here in no time.

yea. the felt is always greener-?
sometimes jazz is like, cool tho..I like rock n roll, too, but I definitely don't come here to mosh..
and it's kinda a weird time, isn't it? I like watching matches and stuff but want to playyy
thankfully, I'm able to bang around with a pal once or twice a week on the home eight-footer
it's good but I'm used to it..I've literally played one 1p game with one other person in my life
was really hoping to spend time out at the real 1p spot, mix it up, but can't fade a pandemic
I wish I had more to contribute, but am here- and thankful for this place, however the rack looks..

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
If any of y'all have been thinking about posting a WWYD for the first time (or the 50th time), now would be a good time to do it. Some of our key guys have drifted away, so we'll have to entertain ourselves. Most topics are prohibited now, so we need pool, pool, pool..😉
Ya think?????