The key to one pocket !

senor

Verified Member
lll said:
senor , with the 10 ball off the rail would you not try to come off the long rail ( short rail to side rail)to end up in the same position. the 10 in that position is a bigger ball as i understand it . to hit it directly from the short rail if you are alittle off you hit the 10 towards his pocket and the q ball on the other side of where you want it. no?

The two railer is clearly the easier shot to execute because, as you said, it makes the object ball bigger. However, after years of repetition I came to recognize when it has a greater chance of scratching. Not saying this drawing is one of those situations, I was just throwing stuff out there that I have had success with. I would shoot the one railer sometimes (just enough to get SJD licking his chops :) ) if I felt there was a high probability of sliding off the object ball and scratching in the corner.

gbru

Verified Member
From
mobile al
SJDinPHX said:
Sorry Senor, but I would not get up out of the electric chair to shoot that shot, no matter where the 5 was. (no bashing intended) Too many other options.

Dick <----Hates risky shots with poor odds of success. :rolleyes:

No risk Dick

I think Senor might have overlooked the WEI table angle a little and was more trying to imply that that style of shot is often available. At the Derby City last year Shane Van shot two similar shots against Buddy Hall. One with precision and the other very close to his hole. But it was under different circumstances. Of course it's easier when the 10 is closer to the rail and with much less angle for the cue ball. And the 1 ball is too far up table to accurately predict hitting after the kick bank. Nevertheless the point is well taken.

I set the shot up and tried to use masse' to kick-bank the 10. Out of 5 attempts I never came close and sold out 4 of the 5 attempts. (I am sure others could do better).

I tried it 5 times caroming-off the 5 ball and then kick-banking it and came close 2 times and sold out 3 times. The cue kept trying to naturally go behind the 10 ball. (I'm sure others could do better).

I like the other choices also.

Boy! You sure get dramatic after midnight. "Electric chair! WOW! That could hurt!

Mobile---george.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
SJDinPHX said:
Sorry Senor, but I would not get up out of the electric chair to shoot that shot, no matter where the 5 was. (no bashing intended) Too many other options.

Dick <----Hates risky shots with poor odds of success. :rolleyes:

Dick; Beware, Senor kicks like a Whitemouth mule. Were you ever to play, you would happily get back in the electric chair. Pay no attention to how humble he is. (no bashing intended )
Rodney<---- Getting old is not for sissies.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:
Dick; Beware, Senor kicks like a Whitemouth mule. Were you ever to play, you would happily get back in the electric chair. Pay no attention to how humble he is. (no bashing intended )
Rodney<---- Getting old is not for sissies.

I know who he is and I know he's a great player. But "fear" is not in my vocabulary any more. "Old" and "stupid" are still in though. :rolleyes:

Dick <------- WEI table expert.

senor

Verified Member
Welcome to the forum, Rod. I think you'll find this board has a lot less drama than the other one and a lot more good natured ribbing and woofing. I get the feeling that 9 out of 10 posters can actually draw their ball on this forum, whereas my feeling is the exact opposite on the other one.

Alas, I fear I am the 1 out of 10 who cannot draw his ball on this forum. I find that the less pool I play the more I feel the need to post on these forums, it's my only outlet I guess. And like many others, I rarely dog it from the rail. But as you noted, I am a bit too modest, modest enough to admit that I can dog it from the rail. SJD, in fact, has me wondering if I'd know which end of my cue was up if I were to try to fade his west coast offense and neverending barrage of words ;) . But of course, you know I'd try :)

senor

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
I know who he is and I know he's a great player. But "fear" is not in my vocabulary any more. "Old" and "stupid" are still in though. :rolleyes:

Dick <------- WEI table expert.

Great?!?! The only time I've heard that word associated with my pool game is that I'm a great, big go-off, b/c if someone happens to get me loser, I ain't happy until I'm busted.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
senor said:
Great?!?! The only time I've heard that word associated with my pool game is that I'm a great, big go-off, b/c if someone happens to get me loser, I ain't happy until I'm busted.

ENJOY SENOR, Dick throws those _greats_ around like manhole covers. (unless he's matching up) you'll play again when the bugs bites, and better than ever. Dick is a hell of a player with a lot of heart. He moves like E-LAX
He's certainly older but not yet stupid.
Rodney <----Amature pool detective, thinking of turning pro.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Hey there senor and androd.......If you've read the 'One Pocket.org match-up' thread here on the site, and you're going to the DCC, don't be shy about putting your quarters up for our challenge table - were looking for more customers..oops, disregard that last word, it was just a slip of the typing fingers - I meant to say, more players.....:D

- Ghost

Skin

Verified Member
gbru said:
No risk Dick...

Boy! You sure get dramatic after midnight. "Electric chair! WOW! That could hurt!

Mobile---george.

When last I checked in, Dick was getting a lap dance. How'd he wind up in the electric chair? :eek:

Skin

senor

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Hey there senor and androd.......If you've read the 'One Pocket.org match-up' thread here on the site, and you're going to the DCC, don't be shy about putting your quarters up for our challenge table - were looking for more customers..oops, disregard that last word, it was just a slip of the typing fingers - I meant to say, more players.....:D

- Ghost

OPG, I have read the thread and it sounds like a hoot! Thanks for the formal invite to spread my meager bank roll around to other forum members.

However, I must respectfully decline. With a newborn son here, I can barely find my way out of my front door and down the driveway, much less out of one of your breaks ;) Ya'll have fun, though. And I want updates!

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost

Thanks for the invite. I've been to only 4 or 5 tourneys in my time. I love to play but get bored quickly watching others play, espescially tournaments. You have been saving your social security checks, I've been gambling mine away.
Being called a customer is flattering. I've often asked "are you looking for a customer". I've been told you're "cordially invited" to play by many. That's a little scary. Rod.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:
Thanks for the invite. I've been to only 4 or 5 tourneys in my time. I love to play but get bored quickly watching others play, espescially tournaments. You have been saving your social security checks, I've been gambling mine away.
Being called a customer is flattering. I've often asked "are you looking for a customer". I've been told you're "cordially invited" to play by many. That's a little scary. Rod.[/QUOTE}

Rod, I understand where you are coming from. I would rather be in action for $2.00 a game , then watch Efren and Gabe play a set for $4,000,000.00 (unless of course I was in.)
Sweating pool games is like dry humping. I think we got over that in 8th grade.

Dick