The Hague op.o MOT Tournament Thread

1 HOLE NUT

Verified Member
From
Biloxi, Ms.
I really want to support Jason Moran to find a way to come here next year. I would support someone else, but I keep thinking about how Jason loves to play ANYBODY and he would not get much sleep over here the way they all want to play the Americans lol. The same goes for plenty of our other members, but Jason comes to mind first and foremost.
Im already, ready

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
So
First edition in the books
It was the first time that I put an event together
And I am very happy with the help Pascal, Espen and Karin gave me
And not surprised, grateful nonetheless for what Staaf And Hague5 do out of love for the game
It was nice to experience that all these 1p-lovers were so content to meet up, match up and create this nice vibe alltogether
Hey bro-- It was impressive that you helped run the event, but still managed to win it! Congratulations!

~Doc

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
One of the first matches Pascal and I did commentary together, the first game went about an hour with hardly a ball made, yet it was not an uptable game! At the starting point of this link he and I speculated it might go up table next 😳
Sorry can’t get the right time to load on my phone. It’s about 3:41:00 or so.

Last edited:

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
One of the first matches Pascal and I did commentary together, the first game went about an hour with hardly a ball made, yet it was not an uptable game! At the starting point of this link he and I speculated it might go up table next 😳
Sorry can’t get the right time to load on my phone. It’s about 3:41:00 or so.

You both did a good job, very easy and enjoyable to listen to.

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
You both did good job, very easy and enjoyable to listen to.
Thanks Dave — careful, you might hear more of it if you give me too much encouragement lol. The OrangeForks streaming set up was top notch! Both the audio and video seemed better than we often run into. I don’t fully know why, but the stream broadcast had their own glass separated room, and that probably made a big difference to the audio side.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Thanks Dave — careful, you might hear more of it if you give me too much encouragement lol. The OrangeForks streaming set up was top notch! Both the audio and video seemed better than we often run into. I don’t fully know why, but the stream broadcast had their own glass separated room, and that probably made a big difference to the audio side.
100% agree about OrangeForks.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I thought I'd share something interesting we saw and learned while in Amsterdam.

Diane kept wanting to go to the Jewish Quarter without telling me why. Once I learned why, I got a tear. There are "Stumbling Stones" throughout Europe and Amsterdam; she knew there were several in the Jewish Quarter but kept it a secret from me.

They are Holocaust remembrances of victims that were taken by the Nazis placed outside their last freely chosen residence. We knew where some were located but "stumbled" on others. There are over 70,000 across Europe. 😢

We may see more during our river cruise. Here's an example:

received_758536008735758.jpeg

Pascal de Smit

I thought I'd share something interesting we saw and learned while in Amsterdam.

Diane kept wanting to go to the Jewish Quarter without telling me why. Once I learned why, I got a tear. There are "Stumbling Stones" throughout Europe and Amsterdam; she knew there were several in the Jewish Quarter but kept it a secret from me.

They are Holocaust remembrances of victims that were taken by the Nazis placed outside their last freely chosen residence. We knew where some were located but "stumbled" on others. There are over 70,000 across Europe. 😢

We may see more during our river cruise. Here's an example:

View attachment 439118
I’ll help you out a bit, each stone says:
Here lived
(Name)
(Last name)
Born: (date)
Arrested: (date)
Departed: (date)
From Westerbork (place)
Murdered: (date)

Its a sad part of our history. Totally messed up. Hope we learn from it at least as mankind 🙏🏻

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I’ll help you out a bit, each stone says:
Here lived
(Name)
(Last name)
Born: (date)
Arrested: (date)
Departed: (date)
From Westerbork (place)
Murdered: (date)

Its a sad part of our history. Totally messed up. Hope we learn from it at least as mankind 🙏🏻

Thank you Pascal. We stumbled on a group of 4 in the neighborhood of our hotel, and a nice older man described the meaning just as you have. He thanked us for caring...very touching.

KyleV

That was the old smoking room. They changed the laws a few years ago and now smoking is not allowed.

A few years ago, when smoking was allowed, Alex was playing Ivar Saris in a one pocket finals on that same table and the smoking room was filed with guys watching the match and banging on the plexiglass to applaud good shots.
Hague 5 is the best!

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
That was the old smoking room. They changed the laws a few years ago and now smoking is not allowed.

A few years ago, when smoking was allowed, Alex was playing Ivar Saris in a one pocket finals on that same table and the smoking room was filed with guys watching the match and banging on the plexiglass to applaud good shots.
Hague 5 is the best!
Love this, Kyle.

Pascal de Smit

Hague 5 is the best!
First time i played at that table I didnt know what happend when i shot a good shot.. suddenly all the people slamming on the plastic window. I was not sure if they tried to shark me because they were rooting for the local or something... happens to be they where applauding for me.
Hague 5 is something else for sure.. the place breathes pool. love it