The Best of Lockdown 2020 - One Pocket Ghost 15 ball Run

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
It took me over 150 tries to run all 15 balls playing the one pocket ghost, but I finally did it! This post was made for a couple reasons as I will discuss.

First, I hate Joshua Filler. After watching him play the ghost in Roy's Basement for a couple months and him making it look so easy, I thought I would try since I too was in lockdown. Of course I really don't hate Joshi, in fact I am now a big fan of the Killer Fillers, they were a trip to watch and get to know. Thank you Roy! So I first tried the 12-ball ghost; that took me over 35 tries but I finally did it and have it on video (so I stopped). That brings me to the one pocket ghost.

The pockets on my table are very generous (like 4.75" maybe a hair more), thank god or I would still be trying. I deleted all attempts that did not reach my goal of running all 15 balls. I probably should have kept some because they were hilarious ranging from 0 balls multiple times to most being under 9 although I did get to 13 and 14 once. They would have made a great blooper reel, but I don't have enough memory on my phone.

1st reason: I found an online video compressor "Clideo" that reduces the size of the MP4 footprint for easier posting (about 90% in my case). I guess it was free since I never signed up that may be why their logo is placed in the video. So one reason I'm posting this is to test how easy it is to import to this forum and how long it takes;

2nd reason: I don't participate as much as I should (content-wise) so I though this would be a good way to give back to our community. Believe me, this is done in all humility as it took so long for me to complete running all 15 balls (damn you Joshi!!!) LOL. After viewing this I was lucky several times during the run starting with the first break out; I almost missed the 5 ball (would have on a tighter table) not to mention almost missing and scratching on the 15th ball. I really suck to be honest. But I did do some good things, too.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it and please imagine all the attempts it took to get to this point. Stay healthy!

Dave

Here's the link to youtube as this forum does not support videos:
(but it did take way shorter to upload to youtube once compressed, so it worked.

Last edited:

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Yes I did...after over 150 tries. o_O I'm glad most games only go to 8. I'll upload the video once I learn how.

Stay well doc. Is your eye getting better?

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
The link is up in the original post for your viewing pleasure. Thanks for your help, Steve (is it ok that I used your real name????) LOLOLOL

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Dave, that is impressive - really. I have to assume you were prepared to go as far as necessary to make it. How many times did you get past eleven before you busted out? Good on you!

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Dave, that is impressive - really. I have to assume you were prepared to go as far as necessary to make it. How many times did you get past eleven before you busted out? Good on you!

Thank you kind sir. I past 11 only 4 times in my 153 times: 12; 13; 14 and finally 15. What a relief. I was so nervous shooting that final ball. LOL

beatle

Verified Member
really fine dave. it shows what happens with perseverance. great job.
also shows that people dont have to take 2 minutes to shoot every shot. and how you can play well without getting your chin on the shaft.

beatle

Verified Member
he is a player, i could tell he didnt choke on the end. and you can believe it meant a lot to him.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
Well done, Dave. You firmly stroked that last ball, which says a lot, but I'm guessing there was a moment there where that cross side pocked started looking pretty big!

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Well done, Dave. You firmly stroked that last ball, which says a lot, but I'm guessing there was a moment there where that cross side pocked started looking pretty big!
OMG, you have no idea, Mike. Why didn't I just stun draw it??? Many of my runs ended by me doing something careless, I thought for a moment this would be one.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Man I wish I could move around that good, I might run 100 I am starting to remind myself of the oldest man character on the Carol Burnett show