Thank You POV Pool & CA Billiards

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
What a great tournament for my first outing in almost two years, due to COVID and my illness.

I got to do quite a bit of commentating, cutting up jackpots and just totally engrossed in the pool world I miss so much. I can’t play anymore, but getting on the mic is the next best thing. I got in trouble for too many stories and not enough coverage of the game a time or two, but Geraldine posted they could turn the sound down if they did not like it.

I missed my road buddy Kentucky Bill, but he would have loved it. They have remodeled the whole strip the pool room is in, and there is a terrific ice cream shop next door along with three new restaurants. Bill and I spent many hours at the ice cream store at Derby City over the years.

I spent quite a bit of time on the mic with John Barton, and we had a ball. John thought I was a much better player than I really was, but who am I to doubt him. Thank you Chris, Dan and Geraldine, and all the old friends and new, that I came in contact with over the weekend. Thanks to Ron Lilies for coming with me. Suzanne was not going to let me go without backup.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
What a great tournament for my first outing in almost two years, due to COVID and my illness.

I got to do quite a bit of commentating, cutting up jackpots and just totally engrossed in the pool world I miss so much. I can’t play anymore, but getting on the mic is the next best thing. I got in trouble for too many stories and not enough coverage of the game a time or two, but Geraldine posted they could turn the sound down if they did not like it.

I missed my road buddy Kentucky Bill, but he would have loved it. They have remodeled the whole strip the pool room is in, and there is a terrific ice cream shop next door along with three new restaurants. Bill and I spent many hours at the ice cream store at Derby City over the years.

I spent quite a bit of time on the mic with John Barton, and we had a ball. John thought I was a much better player than I really was, but who am I to doubt him. Thank you Chris, Dan and Geraldine, and all the old friends and new, that I came in contact with over the weekend. Thanks to Ron Lilies for coming with me. Suzanne was not going to let me go without backup.
Glad to hear that you had a ball, John! You were surely in your element. And everyone was thrilled to hear your commentary. I expect that you'll get to do quite a bit more.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
You sounded like the John of old....and you seemed like you enjoyed reliving every story. Don't ever stop telling them. We don't have to have the commentators talk about whether they're shooting the 3 ball or is it the 5 ball all the time. Lol

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Glad to hear you are back at em. Maybe The Ghost can take another shot at you. Lol.

Dr. Bill