Sylver Vs Rafael

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
ok its game one
so far there have been some GREAT moves and cue ball control by both players .
ive not seen martinez play before (if i did i dont remember:eek: )
but so far he has demonstrated hes not afraid to take an intentional fouls which he did several times and beautifully 2 or 3 railed the cue ball leaving sylver frozen to a ball, rail or close several times
sylver also has shown his cue ball control on multiple moves
oh by the way martinez even used a masse shot to get out of a trap which ended up better than any option even tho it wasnt perfect

SO
now its minus 1 for sylver and minus 2 for rafa (hes not on 2 fouls)
its rafas shot
WHAT WOULD YOU DO???

the cue ball is the 4th ball over from ochoas pocket
sr1.jpg

bstroud

Verified Member
It's very hard to tell from the pic exactly where the balls are located.

The real problem for Rafa here is to remove the balls away from his opponents' pocket. He might be able to shoot into the group of balls and do just that. Another waiting option is to shoot the 1 ball and put the cue ball behind the 3 ball.

Bill Stroud

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
yes we dont get 3 views of each position
also its a little strange to have no commentary so you really have to pay attention

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
lll said:
SO
its rafas shot
WHAT WOULD YOU DO???

If Bill's shot isn't available, an option would be to kick off the head rail, and roll whitey down to Sylver's pocket. As long as it didn't scratch, it would be a pretty good escape.

Doc

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
gulfportdoc said:
If Bill's shot isn't available, an option would be to kick off the head rail, and roll whitey down to Sylver's pocket. As long as it didn't scratch, it would be a pretty good escape.

Doc

You called it and he hit it perfect. If I remember correctly, the score went to
-1. -3 for RM. This was the first of five great games. At the end of this game one it came down to the last ball. Some one that is able, put up that shot and see if you can tell what RM shot. My IPad doesn't do the pool table layout.

Rod

Verified Member
From
Phoenix, Az
lll said:
oh by the way martinez even used a masse shot to get out of a trap which ended up better than any option even tho it wasnt perfect

One of those masse' shots, ( I heard Rafa shot at least three ) is a fairly routine trick shot. I know the shot well but at the time it never crossed my mind as an escape shot in a 1P match. It was brilliant move and another one to put in the memory banks. That particular trap is not uncommon to a 1P player.

Rod

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Scrzbill said:
You called it and he hit it perfect. If I remember correctly, the score went to
-1. -3 for RM. This was the first of five great games. At the end of this game one it came down to the last ball. Some one that is able, put up that shot and see if you can tell what RM shot. My IPad doesn't do the pool table layout.
when i get to the end of the match ill post that last shot.
this situation was not where rafael 2 kicked perfectly to get out of a trap and ended up behind the ball in the corner and didnt scratch.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Rod said:
One of those masse' shots, ( I heard Rafa shot at least three ) is a fairly routine trick shot. I know the shot well but at the time it never crossed my mind as an escape shot in a 1P match. It was brilliant move and another one to put in the memory banks. That particular trap is not uncommon to a 1P player.

Rod
rod ill do my best to try to post the situation and masse shot when i get home tonight

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
lll said:
ok its game one
so far there have been some GREAT moves and cue ball control by both players .
ive not seen martinez play before (if i did i dont remember:eek: )
but so far he has demonstrated hes not afraid to take an intentional fouls which he did several times and beautifully 2 or 3 railed the cue ball leaving sylver frozen to a ball, rail or close several times
sylver also has shown his cue ball control on multiple moves

SO
its rafas shot
WHAT WOULD YOU DO???

View attachment 3124
i thought this was a nice clean out the neighborhood shot
rafael made the 9 moved all the balls away and left sylver like this
sr5.jpg
sr4.jpg

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
lll said:
i thought this was a nice clean out the neighborhood shot
rafael made the 9 moved all the balls away and left sylver like this.
What a great shot! But how did he keep from fouling the cue ball, using that 2 foot long bridge??

Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i dont know doc
but i would say within the first 15 minutes of the dvd rafael showed the ability to kick from "funny " places meaning he had to force the path with inside english or they just didnt have a natural angle
able to draw a cue ball near the rail jacked up and show great control of the cueball
take intentional scratches
and masse to get out of a trap
for those of you that didnt order it
call lenny and get the dvd

stljohnny

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
gulfportdoc said:
What a great shot! But how did he keep from fouling the cue ball, using that 2 foot long bridge??

Doc

He didn't. It was another foul - but well worth it, look at how he came out of that mess. He took f.o.r.e.v.e.r. to shoot and when he did I had to rewind and watch it again.

The first 15 mins of the 1st rack was so full of great escapes, it's hard to get into the racks afterwards haha.