SVB vs Tony LIVE!

TxOnePocket

Verified Member
From
Arlington,Texas -
Not even sure what I'm watching out of Shane tonight, if you hate playing that bad just don't play, feels wreckless not aggressive tonight.

Edit : He really tightened his game up the last 5 games and you could tell beared down.

Last edited:

sheldon

Verified Member
From
Springfield Oregon
10:24 PST

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Tony got to 21 and started making unforced errors. What an out he make to get to 22 but then he got weak again. How much money does he owe?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Seems like Tony needs to rethink these formats, since he appears to be prone to an end-of-a-long-night fade -- even if it only costs him a couple of games, that is too much against a player like Shane. Too bad because in his prime hours, Tony seemingly had the best of it -- the last two days anyway.

I owe somebody, because I took Tony.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
There has been huge debates of which pocket to break to depended whether you are a lefty or righty. I have always broke to the wrong pocket so the side rail shots I can easily reach, for i do not switch hands readily. Day 1 Tony was breaking to the correct side for a righty and Shane was not. Day 2 Tony now has switched to the wrong side break.
So much for those that always hammer to break to the correct side.
But, I guess if it is breaking better on one side vs. the other then you better be able to break equally as well to either side.
It sure helped Tony yesterday!

It really makes me wonder if there is a correct side.
Whitey
Cliff would always break to the side his opponent broke because he didn't want the opponent to shoot to the same hole every game. It was mental warfare. He could play to either pocket, so he would take away your pocket every other game so you had to play to both.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
John, thanks so much for posting this. It is of my opinion that Tony is the greatest pocket speed banker in pool. It is one thing to make a bank but another thing to make a bank at pocket speed. These pocket speed banks with accuraracy (hit the pocket) is so huge in whether you leave a return shot (cross corner bank to the opponent's hole), I mean just very impressive.
But yes, what a great out, and Z bank!

BR, thanks for your post, you not only bring up a great point, but name a great player that recognizes the attributes of using this strategy.

I have to wonder if this table is a special set up using Black Diamond cushions, for that Z bank coming off of the 2nd rail reacted so naturally. Plus there were some double cross corner banks within a diamond of the foot rail that reacted very naturally, (not reversing off the 2 rail).

I did not get any responses to what if the match goes hill / hill, then should it go to 2 ahead for the win?

thanks guys for your posts!
Whitey

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Not even sure what I'm watching out of Shane tonight, if you hate playing that bad just don't play, feels wreckless not aggressive tonight.

I owe you $100. Great match. Can pay Venmo or Zelle. Let me know & thanks for the action. Phone/text is 530-391-8316

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
John, thanks so much for posting this. It is of my opinion that Tony is the greatest pocket speed banker in pool. It is one thing to make a bank but another thing to make a bank at pocket speed. These pocket speed banks with accuraracy (hit the pocket) is so huge in whether you leave a return shot (cross corner bank to the opponent's hole), I mean just very impressive.
But yes, what a great out, and Z bank!

BR, thanks for your post, you not only bring up a great point, but name a great player that recognizes the attributes of using this strategy.

I have to wonder if this table is a special set up using Black Diamond cushions, for that Z bank coming off of the 2nd rail reacted so naturally. Plus there were some double cross corner banks within a diamond of the foot rail that reacted very naturally, (not reversing off the 2 rail).

I did not get any responses to what if the match goes hill / hill, then should it go to 2 ahead for the win?

thanks guys for your posts!
Whitey
Those long 2 rail Z banks on Diamonds are made using the correct English. The wrong English makes them release off the second rail way short. It took me a while to learn that. It doesn't matter as much on a GC so it was a learning curve for sure.

Thecoats

Well-Known-Member
From
Kansas City, MO
Cliff would always break to the side his opponent broke because he didn't want the opponent to shoot to the same hole every game. It was mental warfare. He could play to either pocket, so he would take away your pocket every other game so you had to play to both.
This is what I do as long as there isn't an obvious "better side". I played a guy a few weeks that broke to a side of the table that rolled out a little on long rail banks, I was surprise he never switched sides.