'Spot Shots' made tough! Even for Champions.

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
Over there taom v10 is the new chalk that doesnt leave a residue
Eengat have you tried it ?
Opinion?
£18 a pop, wow. Don’t know why people would pay such ridiculous money for a piece of chalk. An old adage comes to mind. It’s not the arrow…

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
played a tournament with my son this summer in Siberia
their WC as they love putting more flags on the banner, they paid the trip
why not, we went Siberia

yes you need to power the ball. So no compact stroke...what you'll see them do, or Chris Melling style totally opened up the backswing, or Stalev style like on the break, up in the air
Skadoosh!

Or, you play the Swajak, cueball scratch which scores as well
then either little stronger with topspin or smooth with friendly english for the pocket, its the spin not the mass that will manipulate the ball nto the pocket

in free style Piramid, you need to make 8 balls
scratch or pocket
any ball to be used as cueball
you'll see many runouts
I've seen several women that play this game well.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Yes, precisely why it’s a confidence interval that matters most of the time. 95% confidence interval (5% tolerance) is good enough for most things
This whole ' Coriolis effect' theory is so far off when it come to, 'Pool balls' and 'Pool cues.'
CB=6oz x 2.5 = 15 oz! This formula/theory is off by at least 25%. Most pool players play with a pool cue which is between 19-20oz on average.

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
This whole ' Coriolis effect' theory is so far off when it come to, 'Pool balls' and 'Pool cues.'
CB=6oz x 2.5 = 15 oz! This formula/theory is off by at least 25%. Most pool players play with a pool cue which is between 19-20oz on average.
As I said, I don’t have an explanation for American pool. Maybe Bob could chip in when/if he sees this thread. 3C and snooker are played on heated tables so they could plausibly deviate but why pool idk

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
As I said, I don’t have an explanation for American pool. Maybe Bob could chip in when/if he sees this thread. 3C and snooker are played on heated tables so they could plausibly deviate but why pool idk
Well here, lets use the weight of a Russian Pyramid ball, it = 280 grms x 2.5 = 700 grms = 24.69 oz. It seems pretty close there.

BTW, who/what Bob are you speaking of that may have the mystery of, Pool ball weight = to Pool cue weight corrected, 'Coriolis effect' formula.?

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
Well here, lets use the weight of a Russian Pyramid ball, it = 280 grms x 2.5 = 700 grms = 24.69 oz. It seems pretty close there.

BTW, who/what Bob are you speaking of that may have the mystery of, Pool ball weight = to Pool cue weight corrected, 'Coriolis effect' formula.?
Apols, I meant Bob Jewett. He knows a thing or three about physics:).

Yes, both 3C and Russian pyramid are very close to 2.5

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Apols, I meant Bob Jewett. He knows a thing or three about physics:).

Yes, both 3C and Russian pyramid are very close to 2.5
It appears to me, that one formula ('Coriolis effect') will not be accurate/suffice for All cue games.

It seems the common denominator (2.5) in the formula could simply be adjusted for each individual cue game.