"Spot Shot" NO rail!

sheldon

Verified Member
From
Springfield Oregon
Never tried that one! Sporty indeed.
I have tried drawing past the far side pocket without hitting the bottom rail, also very tough but probably a lot more doable than no rails at all.

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
yea on a super slow table you can do the shot. or on a regular speed one if you masse into the object ball you approach at a more direct angle/( less cut on the object ball) so the more masse the more the cue ball approaches it as a straight in shot. of course it never gets that close.

it also can help to have slop pockets as you can cheat it some of that way also. dont ever bet against someone doing it unless you like paying dearly for the spectacle.

Eengat

Verified Member
I'm guessing he is lightly masse'ing/swerving the cue ball, which is how he is able to pocket the spot shot without hitting the bottom rail.
not lightly
rotation needs to be pretty agressive
its Mickey Krause from Denmark
i call him Bobby Emmons II, look alike lil bit

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I’ve made it with a standard slow rolling CB. Many years ago before I started playing 1P another player and I had a contest to see who could slow roll it without hitting the bottom rail, I got beat by a wide margin.

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
From
Berkeley, CA
I’ve made it with a standard slow rolling CB. Many years ago before I started playing 1P another player and I had a contest to see who could slow roll it without hitting the bottom rail, I got beat by a wide margin.
This shot came up a while ago on AZB. It is very hard to play it as a slow roller because your arm knows that's a bad thing to do. I managed to leave the cue ball about 8 inches from the foot rail on my best try. Standard GC3 with medium-worn Simonis and large pockets.

But if you are going to jack up, do what Efren is said to have done: play the spot shot as a stop shot. The cue ball should move less than a diamond (or half a diamond, or a ball) after hitting the object ball.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
The straight pool video was a welcome variation. Good commentary by Bill Staton and Nick Varner. Thanks -

Well, it was here a minute ago . . . . . .

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
From
Berkeley, CA
The straight pool video was a welcome variation. Good commentary by Bill Staton and Nick Varner. Thanks -

Well, it was here a minute ago . . . . . .
I posted the 14.1 by mistake and then changed it to the spot shot video. Now I can't find the video. It was pretty good.