Some Ideas for Power One Pocket V2 - In Need of Input

stedyfred

Verified Member
Scott does a lot of gr8 things playing one pocket but I particularly enjoyed an uptable game that he had with Sylver Ochoa in 2010 DCC where he thins off of a ball on 3 or 4 occasions and shows the correct path for cue ball to find the bottom rail. There are a lot of decent players that would not choose the path that a champion like the FREEZER takes and his execution was very good. Many players could benefit seeing these shots and he takes the same path each time.

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
I think in some of the scenario's it would be great to see from several different angles. Maybe even do some footage of him with a camera on his head so we see his perspective during a run or sample game. That view of his, how he lines up and his commentary throughout would be a great sneak peak into his mind/game.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Experiment with Google Glass to see whether it can give a good real-time shooter's perspective on some of the shots.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Talk about the seductive illusion of some "free" shots that have to be hit well enough to make in order to get the natural safety. They look like "two-way" shots, but both ways require the same accurate hit.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Talk about the seductive illusion of some "free" shots that have to be hit well enough to make in order to get the natural safety. They look like "two-way" shots, but both ways require the same accurate hit.
That's a very intuitive observation, John. Shots of that nature come up all the time, at least in my thinking. It also applies (even more so) to shots where the shooter is trying to do two things at once: play safe & knock a ball to one's hole; try to pocket a ball and knock some others into play; and the like. As you say the tendency is to look at the attempt as a double plus, rather than double jeopardy!

At my level it's oftentimes better to concentrate only on ONE thing.

Doc