So how can OnePocket.org do more to support One Pocket?

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
It is great to see a discussion on how we can better support this game.

I was very fortunate to have people around me willing to play cheap or even for free when I was starting out. They let me ask questions, gave advice when I asked and supported me with encouragement early on. It was a big factor in understanding the game and falling in love with one pocket. Now I try to play with players newer than me. I don't know all that much but am willing to help when asked and have noticed these people playing more and more now.

It can be intimidating for average players like me to ask the better players to play one pocket. Even when we do, many times those folks that know the game want to make money from their skill and are trying to match up.

I think creating a way for new players to "match up" with someone willing to play cheap or even better for free would be nice. Something based on your location where you could input a zip code, put in a distance range and are provided wit ha list of people that have signed up as "mentors".

Not sure how feasible this is from an execution standpoint? And there would have to be enough good people, with good intentions, that sign up as mentors for it to work.

Great idea David and we have talked about this, just have to have enough volunteers to get it started. I have watched your game grow, so something is working. Nice to see you participating on the forum. John

dmcparland

Great idea David and we have talked about this, just have to have enough volunteers to get it started. I have watched your game grow, so something is working. Nice to see you participating on the forum. John

Yeah those volunteers are what the whole idea seems to hinge upon. We certainly have some helpful people out in Sac.

Thanks for the kind words, after all that 3cushion and pointers from people like you stuff is starting to come together for me. Hope to see you up at the Chuck next week. Merry Christmas!